VOTE NOW!!!

I'm still not totally understanding the roles and purposes of the Huskerboard Starting Lineup...but dammit if I'm up for nomination I want to WIN!!!

VOTE NOW!!!

CMB23 FOR RB!

1. I've been a member/poster since '06

2. Some names up for nomination are just recent/current posters...not tried and true.

3. I am a Husker Alum (1997 grad) and both my father and grandfater attended UNL.

VOTE NOW!!!

CMB23 FOR RB!

4. While I have and always will support and back Nebraska, I don't wear red blinders (aka rose colored glasses) and will be more than happy to tell you why you should see both sides of the line of scrimmage <---necessary football comparison.

5. My step-son has already been to Nebraska games, and even though he doesn't understand the difference between college teams and professional teams (he's 8...give him a break) whenever I have a football game on he always asks "Is Big Red playing?!?!"

l_89b1ea23a3d94a98a2342579fb4b4bea.jpg

6. I went to school with (Advertising Campaigns '97) with Johnny Rogers (that's my cheesy 14-year old looking mug back right with The Jet and the rest of our group. Yes...Jet and I were the only guys in our group!)

n1248404452_320004_8884.jpg

VOTE NOW!!!

CMB23 FOR RB!

7. I went to back to back National Championship games (Orange and Fiesta Bowls)

8. I was in the Fiesta Bowl program (from the previous Orange Bowl) and then on the cover of sellout #299 (that is me lower left in the black 'No Fear' hat getting crushed by the crowd).

7933_1144631334816_1198482930_30376861_5155507_n.jpg

9. I pretty much ruled the Caption Contests when they were held on a regular basis.

10. I'm pretty damn good at the look-alike threads!!!

VOTE NOW!!!

CMB23 FOR RB!

Thank you for your support...

CMB23

*This message is mainly for entertainment purposes only...but a little to win votes. The images includes are actually of me (young/old, my son, wife, Johnny Rogers, Matt Davison, and some other people along the way. Pretty cool huh?!?!)

l_d6e83db1462f4a4ba776f1494049f485.jpg

A wise man on here told me once.. "those who ask for votes, rarely get them"

So billions, dare I say trillions, of dollars have been wasted over time by politicians on the national, state, county and city levels asking (aka campaigning) for votes? No wonder the economy sucks. Think of how much money the world would have if there were just names on a piece of paper and they said "Pick one".

So billions, dare I say trillions, of dollars have been wasted over time by politicians on the national, state, county and city levels asking (aka campaigning) for votes? No wonder the economy sucks. Think of how much money the world would have if there were just names on a piece of paper and they said "Pick one".

The purpose of the Starting Lineup is to allow your peers an opportunity to give you a virtual "attaboy." In my experience doing the Starting Lineup at another forum where the idea originated, campaigning is viewed as "Please tell me how much you like me." I'd be concerned about a backlash based on that perception, which could cost you a spot you would otherwise have earned.

The purpose of the Starting Lineup is to allow your peers an opportunity to give you a virtual "attaboy." In my experience doing the Starting Lineup at another forum where the idea originated, campaigning is viewed as "Please tell me how much you like me." I'd be concerned about a backlash based on that perception, which could cost you a spot you would otherwise have earned.

Wow. I think some people are taking this thing a little too seriously and literally. I made up that 'campaign' message as a tongue-in-cheek gesture at 'trying to sway votes'. Backlash? C'mon...posting pics of me in college when I looked like I was in Jr. High and wearing my son's helmet at a Halloween party...like I said, it was just meant to be fun and an opportunity to post some pics I've had and think are kind of neat/entertaining. Good luck with the rest of the nominating/voting process.

Also...a 'negative' rating on the post. Geez...

• Fire 2

Sorry can’t vote for anybody from Glenwood (I thought you said that once) :dunno . My Hawkeye 8 roots won’t allow me to. <_<

Well way to let personal vendettas influence your judgement and not vote based on the facts. (Yes...sarcasm, smiley face, laughing icon here). Where are you from?

What's your 40 time?

Do you ever fumble?

Are you a slasher or a n/s runner?

Well WV...I was trying to be one of your Running Backs. But evidently I went about it in totally the wrong fashion by posting this thread. I will try better next time. BTW...I'm only about 160 lbs so will not make a good O-Lineman on the board team.

Not sure of my 40-time...but I am the fastest one in my house. OK...well...my border collie is probably faster.

The only times I fumble, are when I've had a few beverages...but that's on the weekend, off campus, and I fumble the remote.

I'm a hybrid runner. I do what is necessary...or what is dictated by my wife.