Adrian Fiala out of broadcast booth

I don't know if I’m the only one that feels this way or not but if you ask me this sucks. Adrian is what Husker football is all about and not having him on the broadcasts will blow. :bang

They probably had to get rid of him to make room for Davison’s head. Matt loves him some Matt.

I agree. I really Adrian and will miss him.

Hope he continues to do Big Red Wrap-Up.

No, I really Adrian... stop pretending. On a serious note, I think this will be for the better. Adrian is a good guy (or so he seems when broadcasting) but I frequently thought that his allusions and stories were getting a little dated.

Then again, is Matt better? Debatable, but change and fresh blood is good. Next on the list... getting younger blood into the seats at Memorial Stadium. Quite the tangent, but the time has come!

I couldn't stand the guy if we're being honest here. He's a husker through and through, but I'd find myself getting very annoyed while watching him on Big Red Wrap Up. He's routinely mess up someone's name or say something that wasn't true, and what he was talking about, was common sense stuff that anyone would know.

Thanks for your service Mr. Fiala.

Man I can't agree with you more. It drove me nuts whenever they'd have a guest on there and he would interrupt them to add his little anecdote that served no purpose other than for him to bring up his playing days. While I respect him as a former Husker, as an analyst/host he was far from great.

Thanks for your service and contributions to Nebraska football Adrian, and Ill even help hold the door. I wont miss you or your brain-draining, Madden-esque commentary at all.

The jury is still out on Davison for me. He seems capable, but I find myself wincing at his nasally voice every once in awhile.

i agreed with your comment regarding davison's voice. he needs to work with a speech coach or something. while i didn't really like fiala, i don't see how going with davision exclusively is a step up.

Kevin Kugler...now there is a guy I wish did the games. PRO.

too much of a rising star though...I just hope he sticks around doing USC for at least a couple more years.

Kevin Kugler is a radio personality at 1620 the Zone in Omaha, Nebraska, co-host of the afternoon program "Unsportsmanlike Conduct" from 2:00pm to 6:00pm Central Time. He is also the lead play-by-play announcer on the Westwood One/NCAA Radio Network for college football and college basketball. He has also announced the College World Series for the Westwood One network since 2004. In 2008, he served as lead play-by-play announcer at the Final Four for the first time for Westwood One.[2] Between 2003 and 2009, Kugler won the Nebraska Sportscaster of the Year award six times.[3]

In 2009 Westwood One named Kugler as one of its primary announcers for Sunday afternoon NFL coverage.

Kugler Wiki

This is pretty sad to see him go. Adrian is a really down to earth guy, gonna miss him on Saturdays. I always like his set ups for gameday at the beginning of the radio show, he always had some really poetic stuff that I thought brought something very original and professional to the table. As long as Greg stays around, hes a stand up guy as well.