Who left the biggest black eye on the Program?

180 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Pederson and Callahan just presided over a bunch of losses and loss of purpose and direction. With a few more winning years by Pelini, those two will rapidly dwindle to footnotes - a mention of the "blip" in the Huskers' winning ways.

Lawrence Phillips has done more to hurt this program's public image than all the rest of the people on that poll, combined.

• Fire 1

Pederson and Callahan just presided over a bunch of losses and loss of purpose and direction. With a few more winning years by Pelini, those two will rapidly dwindle to footnotes - a mention of the "blip" in the Huskers' winning ways.

Lawrence Phillips has done more to hurt this program's public image than all the rest of the people on that poll, combined.

:yeah he was the big stain on the Husker carpet that covered the 90's.

yeah.gif he was the big stain on the Husker carpet that covered the 90's.

and still to this day, the Nebraska handling of the LP fiasco is bought up from time to time by the national media.

I agree with this in reference to Callahan, but I think that Steve Pedersen will long be remembered as the man who "almost" killed Nebraska football. I don't think such things are forgiven very easily in the minds of many Nebraska fans.

Its funny to see we are split on who was worse. A man that cost us alot of losses, or a man who raped and pillaged as he pleased and who recently tried to run over some high school kids after losing a pick-up game of football.

Rape did I miss something? I thought it was abuse against women (which is almost as bad)

He still held nothing on to the likes of Scott Baldwin (RB) who attacked some girl in the nude and later tried to attack a police officer in Omaha that she had to shoot him. :facepalm:

If your asking who hurt Nebraska more I would have to say Pederson he took all of Nebraska tradition threw them out the door just so he could get the glory of saying he was responsible of bringing us back.

Look at it this way

One guy is paying for his crimes sitting in jail.

The other guy got Paid for what he did to leave Nebraska and got his old job back.

Is the guy that beat up a women worse then the guy they came up with a Ponzi scheme and bilked millions of people into losing their life savings?

Its funny to see we are split on who was worse. A man that cost us alot of losses, or a man who raped and pillaged as he pleased and who recently tried to run over some high school kids after losing a pick-up game of football.

Look at it this way

One guy is paying for his crimes sitting in jail.

The other guy got Paid for what he did to leave Nebraska and got his old job back.

Is the guy that beat up a women worse then the guy they came up with a Ponzi scheme and bilked millions of people into losing their life savings?

Excellent Points you make. I'm going with the ponzi scheme slightly beating out the female abuser.

These are some tough choices, Moon. I can see arguments for either side, but the fact that Phillips beat up that girl clinches it for me. I got no truck with woman-beaters.

I'm certainly happy that karma caught up with Phillips and he's doing the just time he deserves. We might never know how big of a hero Scott Frost was in that incident, you never know, he might have prevented a murder

it has to be phillips because he took away the moral high ground we valued. TO and the Championships are tarnished because of phillips; people will always say that we were a win at all costs program and no better than any other school. we want to claim that we won through hard-work and out coaching, everyone else will always say, 'nope you won with thugs, look at phillips." my florida-football-fan-friend through phillips right in my face twice; when i criticized bowden for how he handles his thugs and for how myers handled the eye-gouger, spikes. i vehemently disagree with him, but it is something that tarnished us to the outside.