Countdown: October 16 Texas vs. Nebraska

hey cameltoes (nice name btw) how does 5-2 sound? thats 5 national championships since 1970 compared to your measly 2. or we could take 3-1, thats the number of MNC's in the last 20 years. 8-1 sounds nice and all, but ill take my MNC's any day of the week. enjoy your poop conference. the new b12 sucks big weens and you know it, get over it.

10/16 cant come fast enough, ill be real surprised if the big red let that one go

I find it interesting that most of the Husker fan base is starting to come around to what I've known for years. Texas is the best. At everything. No really, they are. I say this because I lived in the state for 5 years, and I learned a good deal from the humble folks down there.

First of all, Texas is the biggest state. By far. Alaska? Just a myth - actually a part of Canada, and most of it is ice anyway, so how does it count as actual land?

Secondly - Texas could be it's own country if it wanted to. They don't really NEED the United States, but stick around for our sakes. They even beat the Mexicans at the Alamo to claim their own independence.

Thirdly - 'Chuck Norris', whose actual name is Walker, is from Texas.

Fourth - George Bush is from Texas. He had the most dignitude of any president.

Fifth - More people are killed by the death penalty in Texas than most other states combined. So Don't Mess with Texas, America.

6 - The Texas flag can fly at the same height as the American flag. Everyone knows this and cares about this. Because it matters.

7 - When UT fans come to Lincoln in their bright burnt orange, a lot of them like to get out their red, white, and blue Texas state flags (of the 9 FBS schools in Texas, they are the only true representative) and wave them in our faces, just to show us the 1)All those colors coordinate perfectly and 2)Nebraska was once a part of Texas, if we know our history at all.

8 - UT fans always cheer when BEVO takes a dump on the Alamodome carpet - it's a tradition.

9 - Nebraska didn't deserve their share of the 1970 National Championship, because they didn't lose the Cotton Bowl to Notre Dame. (24-11)

10 - Texas is a better state than Nebraska, and last year's Big XII Championship game proves it.

"Don't you dare take the name of Texas in vain!" -Sandy Cheeks

• Fire 2

I find it interesting that most of the Husker fan base is starting to come around to what I've known for years. Texas is the best. At everything. No really, they are. I say this because I lived in the state for 5 years, and I learned a good deal from the humble folks down there.

First of all, Texas is the biggest state. By far. Alaska? Just a myth - actually a part of Canada, and most of it is ice anyway, so how does it count as actual land?

Secondly - Texas could be it's own country if it wanted to. They don't really NEED the United States, but stick around for our sakes. They even beat the Mexicans at the Alamo to claim their own independence.

Thirdly - 'Chuck Norris', whose actual name is Walker, is from Texas.

Fourth - George Bush is from Texas. He had the most dignitude of any president.

Fifth - More people are killed by the death penalty in Texas than most other states combined. So Don't Mess with Texas, America.

6 - The Texas flag can fly at the same height as the American flag. Everyone knows this and cares about this. Because it matters.

7 - When UT fans come to Lincoln in their bright burnt orange, a lot of them like to get out their red, white, and blue Texas state flags (of the 9 FBS schools in Texas, they are the only true representative) and wave them in our faces, just to show us the 1)All those colors coordinate perfectly and 2)Nebraska was once a part of Texas, if we know our history at all.

8 - UT fans always cheer when BEVO takes a dump on the Alamodome carpet - it's a tradition.

9 - Nebraska didn't deserve their share of the 1970 National Championship, because they didn't lose the Cotton Bowl to Notre Dame. (24-11)

10 - Texas is a better state than Nebraska, and last year's Big XII Championship game proves it.

"Don't you dare take the name of Texas in vain!" -Sandy Cheeks

:worship

What a cute thread. It's nice to have dreams. Too bad your team can't back it up on the field. What is it now, 1-8 vs. Texas in the Big 12? That puts you on Baylor's level.

See you in Lincoln!

yep...your so much better than us...you just go around dominating the big twelve with your 3 conference titles...on we can't even hold a candlestick to you cuz we only have two...you guys are just the big twelve bully aren't you???

by the way oklahoma has 6...this is why we don't care about you

laugh.gif

Exactly. 1 National Championship in the last what, 25-30 years or so?

The '95 Nebraska team is the greatest team ever assembled with an SI article declaring the exact same thing. Your best Texas team would get demolished if given the unfortunate chance to step on the same field as Nebraska's best. This is fact.

Nebraska, a team without an offense and a team coming in ranked #21 came within 1 second last year of beating a team who was ranked 3rd in the Nation and supposedly year in and year out gets some of the nations best high school recruits.

Get over yourself. You're not that great but leave it to Texas fans to pat themselves on their shoulders better than any any other fans in all of college football.

See you in Lincoln...

as much as i would like to see nu beat texas, i doubt it will happen....they out-recruit us..though the 2011 class is shaping up nicely

Your theory on Texas beating us based off recruiting is flawed. If this was the case our bill callahan era wouldve been much more productive than what it is. Bo pelini will have his players ready to go. Don't worry and start sippin the kool aid.