OG Dylan Admire

Nexus

My brother works with him. Basically he's a huge Husker fan so is his dad and he said he always bragged that he was going to play for Nebraska. Me thinks the staff made a decision.

if that is true and i believe the story your telling then i think thats all we need to know.. basiclly somethings fishy and it wsa on the kids end.... nothing evil or corrupt on the kids part but some stuff that wouldn't cut it.... glad its been kept classy though.....

Something tells me this may have been a little more mutual than the situation lets on. He said early PT is important, so I'm guessing KU or someone is making him some promises. Keeston Terry all over again.

Well, as others have stated, it does not seem to be even a little mutual. If he didn't even have a commitable offer, it's sort of mind boggling why the sites listed him as a commit. That's a bigger stretch than Harold Mobley's situation. At least Mobley did not know his offer was uncommitable - right? He just made the decision to commit and later found out to his surprise that it wasn't commitable. If Admire knew he didn't have a commitable offer, how did he even come to the decision/announcement process? Sounds kinda strange.

This is creating a lot of confusion now then, because everyone (me included) thought we either pulled his offer or he decided to leave. Instead, it seems he made one heck of an assumption a long time ago and it finally got to a point where he realized he wasn't going to actually get that offer. Nothing was 'pulled.'

Well, as others have stated, it does not seem to be even a little mutual. If he didn't even have a commitable offer, it's sort of mind boggling why the sites listed him as a commit.

gets back to one of the primary problems with recruiting services, they generally present only one side of the story: whatever the recruit tells them.

Something tells me this may have been a little more mutual than the situation lets on. He said early PT is important, so I'm guessing KU or someone is making him some promises. Keeston Terry all over again.

Well, as others have stated, it does not seem to be even a little mutual. If he didn't even have a commitable offer, it's sort of mind boggling why the sites listed him as a commit. That's a bigger stretch than Harold Mobley's situation. At least Mobley did not know his offer was uncommitable - right? He just made the decision to commit and later found out to his surprise that it wasn't commitable. If Admire knew he didn't have a commitable offer, how did he even come to the decision/announcement process? Sounds kinda strange.

This is creating a lot of confusion now then, because everyone (me included) thought we either pulled his offer or he decided to leave. Instead, it seems he made one heck of an assumption a long time ago and it finally got to a point where he realized he wasn't going to actually get that offer. Nothing was 'pulled.'

Wow I didn't realize that was the case. I meant mutual as in the coaches were going to pull the offer anyway.

From what I understand the acceptance of his commitment was conditional upon what staff saw at camp, they didn't see enough. Seems like a good kid, hope he lands on his feet.

So in video game language He basically is a NOOB and is going to get pwned

From what I understand the acceptance of his commitment was conditional upon what staff saw at camp, they didn't see enough. Seems like a good kid, hope he lands on his feet.

So in video game language He basically is a NOOB and is going to get pwned

Perfect..

well if the coaches weren't pleased with him i doubt we woul have been. ha

Would someone like to explain to me what an "uncommitable offer" is. Seems a little ridiculous to throw around scholi offers just to end up rejecting a kid once he signs on. I'm not saying that's what happened in this case, because I have no idea what all went on with Admire, but why give an offer if you don't plan to accepting it?

I'm sure there are cases where an offer is given and then unforeseeable circumstances caused one or the other parties to back out. (Shawn Bodtmann is one example) I just hope this kind of situation is the exception rather than the rule, otherwise it's bordering on dishonesty IMO.

Would someone like to explain to me what an "uncommitable offer" is. Seems a little ridiculous to throw around scholi offers just to end up rejecting a kid once he signs on. I'm not saying that's what happened in this case, because I have no idea what all went on with Admire, but why give an offer if you don't plan to accepting it?

I'm sure there are cases where an offer is given and then unforeseeable circumstances caused one or the other parties to back out. (Shawn Bodtmann is one example) I just hope this kind of situation is the exception rather than the rule, otherwise it's bordering on dishonesty IMO.

i don't know all the specifics, but my impression is that the "offer" was contingent upon the kid working hard in the weight room and showing well at camp. apparently due to either a lack of effort or lack of ability (to get bigger), admire was not able to be where he needs to be to play for NU. i doubt our loss of interest came as a surprise.

i generally agree though that all scholarship offers should be "commitable", but i have no problem with the coaches attaching reasonable conditions to those offers.

i don't know all the specifics, but my impression is that the "offer" was contingent upon the kid working hard in the weight room and showing well at camp. apparently due to either a lack of effort or lack of ability (to get bigger), admire was not able to be where he needs to be to play for NU. i doubt our loss of interest came as a surprise.

i generally agree though that all scholarship offers should be "commitable", but i have no problem with the coaches attaching reasonable conditions to those offers.

dylan are you Mr. Admire himself? If so you are very honest.

From my understanding of the situation, conditional commitments are uncommon but do happen. I guess most kids that have a condition attached don't announce their commitment until said conditions are met and they know they will be a part of the class. It appears that Admire was confident that he was going to meet the requirements set forth by the staff and prematurely announced his commitment.

I feel for the kid. He thought that he was going to play for his dream school and now that's not going to happen. Part of me wishes that we would just have accepted his verbal. Of course, if this happened often enough that it affected on field performance, this part wouldn't stick around long.

From my understanding of the situation, conditional commitments are uncommon but do happen. I guess most kids that have a condition attached don't announce their commitment until said conditions are met and they know they will be a part of the class. It appears that Admire was confident that he was going to meet the requirements set forth by the staff and prematurely announced his commitment.

I feel for the kid. He thought that he was going to play for his dream school and now that's not going to happen. Part of me wishes that we would just have accepted his verbal. Of course, if this happened often enough that it affected on field performance, this part wouldn't stick around long.

did someone say 'the situation'

[1272547755-mike-the-situation.jpg

• Fire 2