OG Dylan Admire

Nexus

Does anyone know how many O linemen we're projected to be taking this class? I'm both amazed and thrilled that we got a QB and three quality linemen this quickly. It bodes well for our entire class, especially on the offensive side of the ball (where given the nature of our HC you'd expect our recruiting to be more difficult).

Does anyone know how many O linemen we're projected to be taking this class? I'm both amazed and thrilled that we got a QB and three quality linemen this quickly. It bodes well for our entire class, especially on the offensive side of the ball (where given the nature of our HC you'd expect our recruiting to be more difficult).

Huskerpedia's board says a NU source told Junior Day visitors that they are looking to take 4OL this year... but are willing to take up to 5OL if the right guys want to come... (I assume #5 would be someone like Christian Westerman, if he wanted N)

The unnamed sources also said we are looking to take 2QB, and 2RB (a thumper and a shifty speedser)...

• 2 weeks later...

EVALUATION

By Brandon Cavanaugh

Upon initial review, Admire is certainly one thing: tenacious. You get that kid going on a run block and he tries to knock his man down and chuck him around like a bulldog. He must like to listen to Prince, because he constantly serves up one thing: pancakes. He uses his eyes well, keeps his man at a distance and occupied. He does a solid job of keeping his man away from the play. His surge off of the line is excellent, though pad level may be a bit low. Still, I’d rather work with low than high if that is the case.

On passing plays, if I had to give an inner monologue to what he’s thinking, it’s be something like, “Snap, okay, come with me over here completely away from the play” which is hilarious to watch, but unless he’s going against someone of similar size and slower stature, the Big XII won’t be kind to him more often than not. Still, it’s impressive to see that out of a junior and no doubt Admire can adjust his game as needed. It seemed like half of the time, his opponent gave up mid-play and let Admire place him like a porcelain doll back on the shelf.

Dylan clearly has a physical advantage over those he plays and that will likely continue in 2010 as I anticipate his coaches to challenge him to press his strength to the next level. What’s scary about Admire is that, sure, he does have little things to perfect, but he comes in very physically imposing and his senior season hasn’t started.

That seems to be the bar for Nebraska offensive lineman recruits from here on out. If Admire goes through another round of conditioning and then Dobson gets his mitts on him? You’ve got a guy with a lunch pail attitude and the rowdiness of a steer let loose from its pen on offense. Another great pickup by Coach Barney Cotton who is clearly earning his paycheck with his trio of recruits, Admire being the latest.

http://www.hothuskers.com/huskerhype/dylan-admire-commits-recruit-evaluation/

EVALUATION

By Brandon Cavanaugh

Upon initial review, Admire is certainly one thing: tenacious. You get that kid going on a run block and he tries to knock his man down and chuck him around like a bulldog. He must like to listen to Prince, because he constantly serves up one thing: pancakes. He uses his eyes well, keeps his man at a distance and occupied. He does a solid job of keeping his man away from the play. His surge off of the line is excellent, though pad level may be a bit low. Still, I’d rather work with low than high if that is the case.

On passing plays, if I had to give an inner monologue to what he’s thinking, it’s be something like, “Snap, okay, come with me over here completely away from the play” which is hilarious to watch, but unless he’s going against someone of similar size and slower stature, the Big XII won’t be kind to him more often than not. Still, it’s impressive to see that out of a junior and no doubt Admire can adjust his game as needed. It seemed like half of the time, his opponent gave up mid-play and let Admire place him like a porcelain doll back on the shelf.

Dylan clearly has a physical advantage over those he plays and that will likely continue in 2010 as I anticipate his coaches to challenge him to press his strength to the next level. What’s scary about Admire is that, sure, he does have little things to perfect, but he comes in very physically imposing and his senior season hasn’t started.

That seems to be the bar for Nebraska offensive lineman recruits from here on out. If Admire goes through another round of conditioning and then Dobson gets his mitts on him? You’ve got a guy with a lunch pail attitude and the rowdiness of a steer let loose from its pen on offense. Another great pickup by Coach Barney Cotton who is clearly earning his paycheck with his trio of recruits, Admire being the latest.

http://www.hothuskers.com/huskerhype/dylan-admire-commits-recruit-evaluation/

sounds good to me chuckleshuffle

• 1 month later...

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ranked 15th best OG by ESPNU.

They also ranked Ryan Klachko 15th too. :wtf:facepalm:

They only rated the top 14, all others are listed as #15

Makes sense. I didn't bother to look deeper into it since I was hunting down other rankings for other commits.