OG Dylan Admire

Nexus

• 2 weeks later...

He talks about his trip to KU here.

Few noteable quotes if you don't want to read

One of my teammates Patrick Lewandowski signed with KU on signing day and I'm super excited for him.

I went up for their junior day. After arriving I sat down with Coach Gill and he made me an offer right away. I am really excited about that and Coach Gill seems like a great coach with a great background. I was very impressed with the facilities and really liked the new academic center; it left me with a great impression of KU.

Last thing I did was attend the KU Nebraska basketball game which was exciting and a chance to see the atmosphere.

The most important thing to me is the graduation rate because obviously you need to get a degree. My ultimate goal is to play in the NFL, but you have to have a degree to fall back on. It's really important to me how a University is set up to help the athletes succeed academically.

He talks about his trip to KU here.

Few noteable quotes if you don't want to read

One of my teammates Patrick Lewandowski signed with KU on signing day and I'm super excited for him.

I went up for their junior day. After arriving I sat down with Coach Gill and he made me an offer right away. I am really excited about that and Coach Gill seems like a great coach with a great background. I was very impressed with the facilities and really liked the new academic center; it left me with a great impression of KU.

Last thing I did was attend the KU Nebraska basketball game which was exciting and a chance to see the atmosphere.

The most important thing to me is the graduation rate because obviously you need to get a degree. My ultimate goal is to play in the NFL, but you have to have a degree to fall back on. It's really important to me how a University is set up to help the athletes succeed academically.

According to this 2008 NCAA article about football program graduation rates NU is #9 in the country at 78% while KU is #55 in the country at 53%. Graduation Rates And it's pretty much a guarantee that this rate is only going to go up with the completion of the new Student Life Complex

According to this 2008 NCAA article about football program graduation rates NU is #9 in the country at 78% while KU is #55 in the country at 53%. Graduation Rates And it's pretty much a guarantee that this rate is only going to go up with the completion of the new Student Life Complex

I'd never seen that list. #9 - that's pretty impressive when looking at the schools around us. ND, Northwestern, Stanford, Duke, Vanderbilt, etc.

One knock on Nebraska however - he watched NU hoops at Allen Fieldhouse - that had to help KU. Live 30 miles from there and never been (perhaps because I dislike KU so much) but from what I gather it's an amazing experience. probably similar to Saturdays in Lincoln.

I'd never seen that list. #9 - that's pretty impressive when looking at the schools around us. ND, Northwestern, Stanford, Duke, Vanderbilt, etc.

One knock on Nebraska however - he watched NU hoops at Allen Fieldhouse - that had to help KU. Live 30 miles from there and never been (perhaps because I dislike KU so much) but from what I gather it's an amazing experience. probably similar to Saturdays in Lincoln.

I went to college at KU in the early 2000s and didn't miss a Nebraska home game in Lincoln in the 1990s. I would say an experience in Allen Fieldhouse and an experience in Memorial in Lincoln is one in the same. Best atmosphere on the planet for their respective sports.

I personally don't think his time at a bball game will have much of an effect on where he goes for football. Memorial in Lawrence is nothing like Allen Fieldhouse.

New Scout article is saying Dylan favors Nebraska at the moment. He's visited Kansas, K-State and Iowa St. so far. He's been in touch with Ryne Reeves, Tyler Moore and Jamal Turner and looks forward to meeting them at Junior day (Ryne & Jamal) and the Spring game (Tyler). Said he'll probably commit somewhere sooner than expected.

In his video he is great at finishing blocks and racks up the pancakes. The only thing I didn't really like was that he stays to focused on one guy. He needs to learn to peel off and move to the second level. He is big enough and blocks well enough to take down the guy in front of him and then move to an LB or S. That is something that can be coached up though if he comes here. I think he is a great prospect because of his drive, competitive edge, and hustle he just needs some polish. Should be a good OL in a couple years at DONU!

wow it looks pretty promising... i think right now kids can see that Kansas kinda sucks even with gill (who i've never been too high up on) and has a LONG way to go to be good at anything... the same thing could have been said about nebraska and we have come a long way.. i think this will help us in a lot of battle as where we are in moving up and forward is light years away from some of the other compition around......

wow it looks pretty promising... i think right now kids can see that Kansas kinda sucks even with gill (who i've never been too high up on) and has a LONG way to go to be good at anything... the same thing could have been said about nebraska and we have come a long way.. i think this will help us in a lot of battle as where we are in moving up and forward is light years away from some of the other compition around......

I think the other state we need to cherry pick is Missouri. The tigers are getting a lot of the top in state players.Before the attack just look at offensive misses the past few years.

I think the other state we need to cherry pick is Missouri. The tigers are getting a lot of the top in state players.Before the attack just look at offensive misses the past few years.

I know what you are saying. We did get our top target out of Missouri though in Chase Rome. We should ground Pinkle's helicopter.

LINCOLN — A group of 87 high school football players plans to visit Nebraska Saturday for a Junior Day event.

Among them, a handful have already received scholarship offers. And among that group, offensive lineman Dylan Admire of Overland Park, Kan., may soon join another, even more selective bunch: The NU recruiting class of 2011.

A 6-foot-3, 265-pound junior at Blue Valley West High School, Admire received an NU offer during a recent visit to Nebraska. In fact, he left Lincoln with just one regret — that he didn't get to meet coach Bo Pelini.

Their encounter figures to occur Saturday as the Husker staff hosts the first of three such days planned for this year. Prospects and their families receive a tour of the Nebraska facilities and meet with numerous NU officials.

"I think Dylan's pretty close to going ahead and committing there," said Scott Wright, Admire's coach at Blue Valley West High School. "After he gets a chance to talk with Bo, I wouldn't be surprised if he did."

His addition would only further solidify the Huskers' emphasis on forming the backbone of their next recruiting class with a strong group of offensive linemen. Linemen Ryne Reeves of Crete, Neb., and Tyler Moore of Clearwater, Fla., have already pledged to the Huskers in addition to quarterback Jamal Turner of Arlington, Texas.

Admire impressed the Nebraska coaches with his play last fall and passed the eyeball test when NU assistant Mike Ekeler visited Blue Valley West after the season, according to Wright.

Admire has visited Iowa State, Missouri, Kansas and Kansas State in addition to NU. The Jayhawks have offered a scholarship. Coaches from KSU and ISU have told Wright they plan to offer, the coach said.

"Quite honestly," Wright said, "I think he's been most impressed with Nebraska."

Nebraska noticed Admire as it looked last year at Blue Valley West defensive end Pat Lewandowski, who signed with Kansas. An additional connection, Wright coached with NU defensive coordinator Carl Pelini at Blue Valley High School in the early 1990s.

The 87 players set to visit Saturday come from nine states, said Jeff Jamrog, NU assistant athletic director for football.

Numbers are up this year, Jamrog said, for several reasons but not necessarily because the Huskers want to stockpile early commitments.

"I think more kids than ever are trying to get out and see as many campuses as possible," he said. "We invited a little more than what we've had in the past. Really, we want to get to know them as much as they want to know us."

NU can weigh and measure visiting prospects, important for early evaluation, Jamrog said.

The Huskers plan another Junior Day for April 17 to coincide with the spring game and also a late spring date.

"The more eyes and ears we get on our program, the better," Jamrog said. "Sometimes, I think people feel it's a race to see how fast you can get to 20 commitments, 18 or whatever. At the end of the day, we need to get the right ones.

"When we get the right ones, that isn't as vital. We just want to make sure that when they sign, it's the right fit for Nebraska."

LINK