Shotgun Advice

Bradr

My personal protection weapon of choice is my S&W Sigma 40. However if it's a shotgun you are after I would go with this: http://www.impactguns.com/store/047700250779.html

Vince, If you like your Sigma and are considering buying another Smith & Wesson is currently running a rebate deal. $50 mail in rebate on any Sigma purchase. When they go on sale at some of the bigger retailers they usually run around $290 . . . so that's a decent gun for about $240 after the rebate.

Sorry for the threadjack. Back to the shotguns.

My personal protection weapon of choice is my S&W Sigma 40. However if it's a shotgun you are after I would go with this: http://www.impactguns.com/store/047700250779.html

Vince, If you like your Sigma and are considering buying another Smith & Wesson is currently running a rebate deal. $50 mail in rebate on any Sigma purchase. When they go on sale at some of the bigger retailers they usually run around $290 . . . so that's a decent gun for about $240 after the rebate.

Sorry for the threadjack. Back to the shotguns.

I also have a Sigma 9mm and love it. Of all the pistols I've shot the S&W Sigma 40 is the most accurate pistol I've had the pleasure to shoot. Sure the trigger pull is a little longer than others, but it's accuracy cannot be matched by any other pistol in that category.

Again, from a shotgun preference, I love my 870 as it's a work horse of a gun, dependable, and easy to take apart and put back together.

I would suggest the Benelli M-21 with tactical pistol grip automatic 12 gauge shot gun. I have one in my patrol car now and I use it on tactical entry raids, and clearing buildings/homes. This bad boy is completely automatic and will do some serious damage if need be! It is one bass ass gun!!

Benelli_M2_Tactical_PistolGrip_Synthetic_Rifle_Sights_A.jpg

At over $1,000 it should be all that and a bad of chips. What Bradr is looking for is a reliable shotgun at a great price. The Mossberg and/ or the 870 will serve the purpose extremely well especially since they will be inside most, if not all of it's life.

Should he decide to take up hunting he has a gun, in the Mossberg or 870, he can take to the field. He can use it for home defense and in the field for about $359.00

I would suggest the Benelli M-21 with tactical pistol grip automatic 12 gauge shot gun. I have one in my patrol car now and I use it on tactical entry raids, and clearing buildings/homes. This bad boy is completely automatic and will do some serious damage if need be! It is one bass ass gun!!

Benelli_M2_Tactical_PistolGrip_Synthetic_Rifle_Sights_A.jpg

i get a funny feeling in my pants when i look at that gun LOL :rollin:lol:

Just got back from checking out a few of the models at a nearby Scheel's. The guy there really wanted me to buy a Benelli, but I wasn't having it. Unfortunately their selection of Mossberg and Remington home defense models was pretty limited so I didn't purchase anything.

Got to see first hand a Mossberg 500 and the Remington 870 though. Pretty similar in appearance. The thing I noticed the most was the safety placement and usage. Not sure how I feel about the Mossberg's. Its very visible, but the Remington's is more what I'm accustomed to.

Decided to check out a better selection by going to Gun's Unlimited. Got there at 5:15. They closed at 5:00. B@stards. Well, I guess they're out $400 for the day. Am going to have to try to get out there after work this week...

Just got back from checking out a few of the models at a nearby Scheel's. The guy there really wanted me to buy a Benelli, but I wasn't having it. Unfortunately their selection of Mossberg and Remington home defense models was pretty limited so I didn't purchase anything.

Got to see first hand a Mossberg 500 and the Remington 870 though. Pretty similar in appearance. The thing I noticed the most was the safety placement and usage. Not sure how I feel about the Mossberg's. Its very visible, but the Remington's is more what I'm accustomed to.

Decided to check out a better selection by going to Gun's Unlimited. Got there at 5:15. They closed at 5:00. B@stards. Well, I guess they're out $400 for the day. Am going to have to try to get out there after work this week...

That's a big complaint of mine with the Mossberg, especially if you've shot a Remington, Winchester, etc. It will affect you at first, but you'll get used to it if you decide to go with the Mossberg. Just keep the thing clean and you shouldn't have any issues.

Go to Cabelas

Go to Cabelas

Hmm, thought about it but assumed they were mostly hunting. Will have to pay them a visit.

Go to Cabelas

I was just going to say that.

Took my Son to the Cabelas next to Cardinals... er... Univ. of Phoenix Stadium last night to pet the stuffed critters.

Noticed quite a few used shotguns, but very few near as good of quality as the ones I inherited..and about double or tripple the original price of mine..Have prices gone up that much and quality gone down since the '60s and '70's??

cabelas is great. so many old guys/part time retirees that will show you every thing you want and tell you all about it, and probably have 4 of each at home. i dont think their paychecks ever leave the store. the sheer volume and variety of guns there is amazing as well. things you wont find anywhere else.