Becoming a true husker fan

Do you get ESPN360 up there? If so, when conference play starts you should be able to get quite a few husker games. Especially if they're steam rolling teams like we all know they will be :)

actually u know what im pretty sure we do...good idea thanks!

also thanks everyone for putting some input here really helps out...came across this board using google must say its by far the best and most reliable source of Nebraska football info...as far as supporting the board since i have no way of purchasing husker gear in canada ill be buying some new gym clothes off huskerboard.com!

In my completely very unbiased opinion the best site out there for all things Husker is HuskerBoard. We have all the news that you need to know, about as fast as it's printed. Many times info leaks onto the boards before it ever hits the news.

I can second this. I spent a lot of time on other boards for years before finding HB, and there is a world of difference. More topics, longer conversations, better humor, fewer annoying flame wars, and HuskerBoard moves at the speed of light when news breaks. It's usually the first one to have breaking info...better than some boards that you have to pay for!

[/testimonial]

Anyways ive decided that i wanna stick by nebraska and become a true fan.

10 things you might want to know to help in your quest of becoming a true Nebraska Cornhusker Football fan. These might be things you know already, but they are crucial.

10. Know who Heisman winner Johnny "The Jet" Rodgers is.

9. Experience the Tunnel walk at some point in your lifetime.

8. Know why "The Kick" aka "Flee Kicker"aka "Miracle in Mizzou" was so important.

7. Try to feel the pain of the 1984 Orange Bowl.My link

6. Know about Heisman winners Mike Rozier

and Eric Crouch.

5.Know why many Nebraska fans have very negative feelings for these two men.

billcallahan.jpgBill Callahan

ncaa_ap_pederson_195.jpg Steve Pedersen

4.Try to explore why many Nebraska fans despise Miami and Colorado

3. Feel the chills from the Husker pregame prayer Knapplc showed you.

One of the cooler things about the Huskers is the Husker Prayer. Here's the text of the prayer:

Dear Lord, the battles we go through life,

We ask for a chance that's fair,

A chance to equal our stride,

A chance to do or dare,

If we should win, let it be by the code,

Faith and Honor held high,

If we should lose, we'll stand by the road,

And cheer as the winners go by.

Day by Day, we get better and better!

The team that can't be beat, WON'T BE BEAT!

Our very own epocSoN used the prayer this year in the tunnel walk video before the Oklahoma game. Still gives me chills every time:

epoc used the phrase "In the deed the glory" prominently in his video. Here's the text:

Not the victory but the action;

Not the goal but the game;

In the deed the glory

They were written by Hartley Burr Alexander and added to the stadium in 1923, on the southwest corner:

36ec23e95-99-1.gif

Here's a great article about the origin of the words and what they mean to the Huskers.

More to come soon.

2. Find out all you can about the "Pride of All Nebraska" and I'm sure as hell not talking about the University Band.. The 5 National Championship teams. 1970,1971,1994,1995,1997

SEARS_TROPHIES2.JPG

**EDIT 2(A)** Also find out all you can about these two legendary coaches. XRTDFHCXGYDNPCZ.20040610041842.jpg

Tom Osborne and Bob Devaney

1. Remember this one crucial thing.

Bo%20Pelini%20Nebraska.jpgBO KNOWS!

• Fire 4

Anyways ive decided that i wanna stick by nebraska and become a true fan.

10 things you might want to know to help in your quest of becoming a true Nebraska Cornhusker Football fan. These might be things you know already, but they are crucial.

10. Know who Heisman winner Johnny "The Jet" Rodgers is.

9. Experience the Tunnel walk at some point in your lifetime.

8. Know why "The Kick" aka "Flee Kicker"aka "Miracle in Mizzou" was so important.

7. Try to feel the pain of the 1984 Orange Bowl.My link

6. Know about Heisman winners Mike Rozier

and Eric Crouch.

5.Know why many Nebraska fans have very negative feelings for these two men.

billcallahan.jpgBill Callahan

ncaa_ap_pederson_195.jpg Steve Pedersen

4.Try to explore why many Nebraska fans despise Miami and Colorado

3. Feel the chills from the Husker pregame prayer Knapplc showed you.

One of the cooler things about the Huskers is the Husker Prayer. Here's the text of the prayer:

Dear Lord, the battles we go through life,

We ask for a chance that's fair,

A chance to equal our stride,

A chance to do or dare,

If we should win, let it be by the code,

Faith and Honor held high,

If we should lose, we'll stand by the road,

And cheer as the winners go by.

Day by Day, we get better and better!

The team that can't be beat, WON'T BE BEAT!

Our very own epocSoN used the prayer this year in the tunnel walk video before the Oklahoma game. Still gives me chills every time:

epoc used the phrase "In the deed the glory" prominently in his video. Here's the text:

Not the victory but the action;

Not the goal but the game;

In the deed the glory

They were written by Hartley Burr Alexander and added to the stadium in 1923, on the southwest corner:

36ec23e95-99-1.gif

Here's a great article about the origin of the words and what they mean to the Huskers.

More to come soon.

2. Find out all you can about the "Pride of All Nebraska" and I'm sure as hell not talking about the University Band.. The 5 National Championship teams. 1970,1971,1994,1995,1997

SEARS_TROPHIES2.JPG

**EDIT 2(A)** Also find out all you can about these two legendary coaches. XRTDFHCXGYDNPCZ.20040610041842.jpg

Tom Osborne and Bob Devaney

1. Remember this one crucial thing.

Bo%20Pelini%20Nebraska.jpgBO KNOWS!

thats unreal man....i was showing a bunch of guys at work this stuff and they are all blown away at how passionate husker fans are. Its a shame that there is no sence of pride with a sports team up here...all people care about is hockey and then there is nothing else. Nothing in life seems to equal what goes on in Memorial Stadium on saturday nights. I wish i could show every single person i know video of nebraska fans because its truely special what you guys have created.

• Fire 2
thats unreal man....i was showing a bunch of guys at work this stuff and they are all blown away at how passionate husker fans are. Its a shame that there is no sence of pride with a sports team up here...all people care about is hockey and then there is nothing else. Nothing in life seems to equal what goes on in Memorial Stadium on saturday nights. I wish i could show every single person i know video of nebraska fans because its truely special what you guys have created.

I heard this joke once, about a guy talking to a girl, trying to help her understand how guys feel about sex. "You know how you feel when you're really feeling horny?" the guy asked. "Yeah," she replied. "Well," the man says, "that's how guys feel when they're not even thinking about sex."

It's the same way for Husker fans. We're more passionate about our Huskers on an average day than most fans of other teams are on game day.

We are men women and children of every walk of life. Every race, color and creed. From Coast to coast and around the globe. We are Husker Nation! Welcome with open arms manitobahusker! :bonez

Welcome manitobahusker!

Even after your total immersion therapy, there will be things that are harder to see - let me start off with a few, guys add more if you got 'em...

-on football Saturday's our grocery stores have 'the game' on the radio all across the state

-people in Nebraska wear red on gameday (and I'm talking about all across the state - those not at the game)"why aren't you wearing red?!" is a question you might actually hear

-when I was a kid in small town Nebraska, you could listen to the game driving around town, just by having your car window open - blaring radios were litterally everywhere

-with any news, the Huskers 'are' the headline in the newspaper... all of 'em. and I'm not talking about the sports section

-we don't trust people who live here, who don't like the Huskers. (they're usually hippie freaks anyway)

-if you are/were a boy in Nebraska, you started pretending to be some specific Husker football player as soon as you could walk and hold a football

-we absolutely love our adopted Huskers, who came here from out-of-state and stayed to raise a family... there are a bunch of them

• Fire 1