Adi Kunalic

GSG

I thought I remembered someone discussing the probability of Adi redshirting in 2010 so he can take over for Alex Henery in 2011. I don't know if the coaches would do this or not but it's kind of a nice position to be in to have 2 very good kickers. I don't know for sure what we have in the lower classes, but I just thought it was a interesting idea.

if Adi reshirts, does Henery handle kickoffs?

That's what I was wondering too. But if Henery does kickoffs, FGs, and PATs, does he still punt? Are we better off with Henery as punter and kicking for scores and maybe letting Maher or someone handle kickoffs while Adi gets the redshirt to come back the next season?

If I were Adi, I would want the redshirt. I think he will go pro either way, but his stock would be much higher if he proved he could kick field goals too. Even if he has a bad year of field goal kicking, he still a huge weapon on kickoffs and is a proven threat. It would be a win/win for him if he redshirted, and I doubt the coaches would mind too much. After all, we still have the best kicker in the country next season anyway.