expectations for next year and REALITY

melscott62

i have got flamed on for talking about this before........ but I dont care, so deal with it :corndance

As I look back on this year i am once again very impressed with the coaching staff and the players. I thought we were looking at best at a repeat of 2008(i predicted 8 wins i believe) with the loss of ganz, swift, and many others. Clearly I was way wrong. But it got me thinking.... the term reality is one that was thrown around quite a bit on the board. people like to act like they see the truth and everyone else is blinded by their passion. I tend to think that I fall in the middle of the board as far as expectations. But when I look back at my predictions i was off by 2 games BOTH years of the pelini years. thats embarrassingly bad.

So whats my point? perhaps we should let the "reality" talk die. Let the teams results speak for themselves. most who bring it up are far more pessimistic than i am and as I pointed out..... I was WAY off.

• Fire 2

Am I missing something here? What's this reality talk about? Hmmm...my EXPECTATIONS as a kid was that these paint chips would be delish. In REALITY they weren't and now I am slightly retarded. Seriously though I am not sure what you mean...keep in mind I used to eat paint chips, so small words are nice.

• Fire 3

Am I missing something here? What's this reality talk about? Hmmm...my EXPECTATIONS as a kid was that these paint chips would be delish. In REALITY they weren't and now I am slightly retarded. Seriously though I am not sure what you mean...keep in mind I used to eat paint chips, so small words are nice.

:laughpound I wish I could give you +10 for this

i have got flamed on for talking about this before........ but I dont care, so deal with it :corndance

As I look back on this year i am once again very impressed with the coaching staff and the players. I thought we were looking at best at a repeat of 2008(i predicted 8 wins i believe) with the loss of ganz, swift, and many others. Clearly I was way wrong. But it got me thinking.... the term reality is one that was thrown around quite a bit on the board. people like to act like they see the truth and everyone else is blinded by their passion. I tend to think that I fall in the middle of the board as far as expectations. But when I look back at my predictions i was off by 2 games BOTH years of the pelini years. thats embarrassingly bad.

So whats my point? perhaps we should let the "reality" talk die. Let the teams results speak for themselves. most who bring it up are far more pessimistic than i am and as I pointed out..... I was WAY off.

yes sir, i was flamed aplenty for predicting 10-11 wins before last season with people saying that i was drinking the :koolaid2: and that in REALITY (because they are a REALIST!!! haha) we would be lucky to win 7 games. hmmm....i guess those of us drinking the :koolaid2: were a heck of a lot closer than those REALISTS!! haha

No lie, i'm a big koolaid drinker. Always have been. Even with Callahan, i thought 07, Nebraska would be a sleeping NC contender. Always thought the team would be good. What I see is over the last 8 years, is the fanbase has become so accustomed to dissappointment that some of us are a bit timid in raising the expectations to where they belong. This place is special, because it's more about a mentality than x's and o'x and recruits. I dont know about anyone else but before 02, I would watch games with no concern, always felt like we would find a way to win. Thruout 02, that feeling took a sudden change, and ever since I've been sittin on my hands waiting for something bad to happen. That feeling dissappeared about the middle of the 4th qtr against Oklahoma last year and havent watched a game since that I felt like we would get beatin. I think the entire program (i mean players, coaches, students, alumni, THE ENTIRE STATE) has returned to a pre-2002 mentality. We're back folks, time to sit back and enjoy and throw ALL worries to the wind.

• Fire 1