The Big 12: The World Is [Ours]

Manhattan

Does anyone else think that the Big 12 is really up for grabs this season? I think Texas is not poised for as much dominance as last year with McCoy leaving (although their new rookie QB shows great promise) and Oklahoma is in a position to recover from last year, but Nebraska is also out for blood (emotionally) while other teams are sort of reorganizing at the moment. I think Texas A&M is going to be a big threat this year. I think a strong case could be made for the conference belonging to Nebraska, Oklahoma, Texas, or Texas A&M. Last year this was not really the case. Missouri also looks to get stronger in the coming two seasons, but not threateningly so. Should be an interesting season.

• Fire 3

I definitely think that the Big 12 should be ours for the taking this year. If our offense can be healthy up-front, and if Lee can stay healthy, I think we are poised to make a heck of a run towards a BCS bowl. The defense will be fine, but if we can stay healthy on offense, and that's almost everyone, we should do great things.

I think Texas will still be good, they are still Texas, they will have a good defense, and I'm not sure what to think of Gilbert. Was it that he did well in the game, or did Alabama back off when they got ahead after a while? I'm not sure, but we will be out for blood against them this year.

I don't think we should worry too much about Oklahoma State, they lose Bryant and Robinson. I don't think going on the road to Seattle is a big deal either, the defense will be ready to go against that offense, I think it will be close though, with us pulling away in the mid-4th quarter.

I'm not sold on Texas A&M yet. They are a big wild card though and should NOT be underestimated either. I think Mike Sherman is a good offensive mind, and they got a good mobile quarterback, but we held Tyrod Taylor in check for most of the 09 Virginia Tech game, so I think we should contain them as well.

It's easy to sip the Kool-Aid, and I'm not really trying too, but it's hard not to look at what's going on. No McCoy, no Bradford, no Robinson, Texas Tech is a wild card as well, how will they fare with Tubberville? Will Tech make a run for the Big 12 South?

I'm not calling "National Title" season just yet, it's wait and see with our offense at Seattle and at Manhattan first.

Missouri, they lose some on defense, and I think our defense will just manhandle the Tigers like we did last year. I don't see a trap game anywhere to be perfectly honest, but I don't want to call National Title season either. I want to say we slip up on the road somewhere, but I don't want to say where because I don't want it to happen.

I think it's wait and see with our offense, as the defense should be better. And a better offense just means a better defense, since we will hopefully be sustaining drives and getting touchdowns this year.

But I agree, it is ours for the taking, and I for one, hope we take all of it, and then some.

• Fire 1

I definitely think that the Big 12 should be ours for the taking this year. If our offense can be healthy up-front, and if Lee can stay healthy, I think we are poised to make a heck of a run towards a BCS bowl. The defense will be fine, but if we can stay healthy on offense, and that's almost everyone, we should do great things.

I think Texas will still be good, they are still Texas, they will have a good defense, and I'm not sure what to think of Gilbert. Was it that he did well in the game, or did Alabama back off when they got ahead after a while? I'm not sure, but we will be out for blood against them this year.

I don't think we should worry too much about Oklahoma State, they lose Bryant and Robinson. I don't think going on the road to Seattle is a big deal either, the defense will be ready to go against that offense, I think it will be close though, with us pulling away in the mid-4th quarter.

I'm not sold on Texas A&M yet. They are a big wild card though and should NOT be underestimated either. I think Mike Sherman is a good offensive mind, and they got a good mobile quarterback, but we held Tyrod Taylor in check for most of the 09 Virginia Tech game, so I think we should contain them as well.

It's easy to sip the Kool-Aid, and I'm not really trying too, but it's hard not to look at what's going on. No McCoy, no Bradford, no Robinson, Texas Tech is a wild card as well, how will they fare with Tubberville? Will Tech make a run for the Big 12 South?

I'm not calling "National Title" season just yet, it's wait and see with our offense at Seattle and at Manhattan first.

Missouri, they lose some on defense, and I think our defense will just manhandle the Tigers like we did last year. I don't see a trap game anywhere to be perfectly honest, but I don't want to call National Title season either. I want to say we slip up on the road somewhere, but I don't want to say where because I don't want it to happen.

I think it's wait and see with our offense, as the defense should be better. And a better offense just means a better defense, since we will hopefully be sustaining drives and getting touchdowns this year.

But I agree, it is ours for the taking, and I for one, hope we take all of it, and then some.

Good point. It's definitely a rebuilding year for most of the good BIG 12 programs. Oklahoma took their lumps last year, though, and looks to be pretty good. With a little luck here and there it could be an NC season.

IDK about National Champs, but we have a great chance this year to take the Big 12 crown and earn a BCS bowl game. It's not going to be an easy road. Washington's going to tougher than some people think, and Texas is still the team to beat in the B12. As far as the rest of the schedule, teams like Mizzou, Kansas St., and Kansas are looking to improve upon last year and take a shot at NU.

I think this team needs to focus on winning Nebraska's first Big12 title since 1999 before we start heaping NC hype on them. Because IMO 11 years without a CC is far more embarrassing for NU than a 15 year NC drought.

QFT. I'd just like to win the B12 and get that monkey off our back. Whether or not that comes with MNC implications doesn't matter to me. Let's take all the B12 south lovers down a notch for next off-season.

I think this team needs to focus on winning Nebraska's first Big12 title since 1999 before we start heaping NC hype on them. Because IMO 11 years without a CC is far more embarrassing for NU than a 15 year NC drought.

QFT. I'd just like to win the B12 and get that monkey off our back. Whether or not that comes with MNC implications doesn't matter to me. Let's take all the B12 south lovers down a notch for next off-season.

Oh, taking the BigXII would be soooo sweet. If we upgrade to an average offense (I admit that's a huge jump from last year....but still possible!), I think we get it!

Agreed, let's get the Conference Title this year! :hellloooo