Say goodbye to green jerseys...

Saunders

Most important statement from Wats in this article...

If we have a guy who’s made himself a clear-cut guy, who’s separating himself from the bunch, we’ll put him in a green jersey,” Watson said. “Until then, we’re not. I have to find out what we’ve got and who they are.

Sounds like we're almost starting from scratch. But, with the way our offense performed last year, it's easy to see why Wats is taking this approach. There's nothing wrong with QBs who have a tough edge to them.

I was going to post that same quote from Watson. I like this approach. None of this pussyfooting around with green jerseys. Let's crank it up a notch and find out what we got.

I'm sure it'll make practice more interesting for the Blackshirts too. :bonez

If we have a guy who’s made himself a clear-cut guy, who’s separating himself from the bunch, we’ll put him in a green jersey,” Watson said. “Until then, we’re not. I have to find out what we’ve got and who they are.

Sounds like we're almost starting from scratch. But, with the way our offense performed last year, it's easy to see why Wats is taking this approach. There's nothing wrong with QBs who have a tough edge to them.

I was going to post that same quote from Watson. I like this approach. None of this pussyfooting around with green jerseys. Let's crank it up a notch and find out what we got.

How's practice vs the offense coming, Blackshirts? Beating up the offense a little bit...perhaps a little injury...maybe target the QB you don't want...maybe destroy the offense you hate...perhaps get the one you want...maybe one that actually rewards your efforts on D......hmmmmm??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWsGvWwUctk

• Fire 1

How's practice vs the offense coming, Blackshirts? Beating up the offense a little bit...perhaps a little injury...maybe target the QB you don't want...maybe destroy the offense you hate...perhaps get the one you want...maybe one that actually rewards your efforts on D......hmmmmm??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWsGvWwUctk

LMFAO. That is my absolute favorite family guy scene. Nice application to Husker FB.

This is a good idea for about a week. I just hope someone trying to win a spot on defense doesn't try and take a big shot on a qb and end up hurting them. I don't have much confidence in green and even less in martinez. Of course I haven't seen martinez play much but I believe our season will ride on the health of lee. With the compitition we will have at linebacker and d-end I'm worried someone will take a big shot on a qb and drive his throwing shoulder into the ground, much like what happened to sam bradford.

This is a good idea for about a week. I just hope someone trying to win a spot on defense doesn't try and take a big shot on a qb and end up hurting them. I don't have much confidence in green and even less in martinez. Of course I haven't seen martinez play much but I believe our season will ride on the health of lee. With the compitition we will have at linebacker and d-end I'm worried someone will take a big shot on a qb and drive his throwing shoulder into the ground, much like what happened to sam bradford.

I wouldnt be too worried about our defense head hunting on our own QB's. Sure the green jerseys will be off but its not like our defensive players are going to be looking to punish the guy. I would think it would be an unwritten rule to take it easy on your own QB. If not, it should be.