Does O'Hanlon make an NFL roster?

NUance

He may make a practice squad somewhere but I seriously doubt he makes a 53 man roster.

I think you hav ebeen fooled by O'Hanlon's lack of size and talent, the kid has more work ethic than we've seen in a long time. I know you made this statement out of what you think will happne, as oppose to what you want to happen. Howeve I cannot help but have my hopes up for this kid. He is all heart and almost no size. Go Matt prove 'em all wrong!

O'Hanlon's heart reminds me of a WR from the late '80's

Anyone remember Tom Waddle? An undrafted free agent WR for the Bears. They released and resigned him six times. He played six years.

They'd come out of training camp. Waddle wouldn't make the final roster but next day he was back on the team.

He'd go over the middle - get crushed, get up and do it again.

Even made it on the All-Madden team in '91.

Come to think of it the Bears always need help at safety.

Anyone remember Tom Waddle? An undrafted free agent WR for the Bears. They released and resigned him six times. He played six years.

They'd come out of training camp. Waddle wouldn't make the final roster but next day he was back on the team.

isn't mike brown still there?

I listen to Tom Waddle almost everyday. He is a radio host here in Chicago and does a very respectable job. Way to bring him up! The way some people talk about him in this city is amazing....in a good way.

Mike Brown is no longer on the Bears.

I listen to Tom Waddle almost everyday. He is a radio host here in Chicago and does a very respectable job. Way to bring him up! The way some people talk about him in this city is amazing....in a good way.

Mike Brown is no longer on the Bears.

where did he go...or did he retire?

• 4 weeks later...

I read that he was injured as well on HI. This is exactly why you go for as much guaranteed money as possible. You never know when it will be over in a heartbeat and the NFL will cast you out like yesterday's garbage. That sucks. I was rooting for Matt. He followed his dreams from the minute he transferred back to NU and gave us everything he had.

O'Hanlon was cut on Friday.

Actually it says waived/injured.

I looked but I could not find any info on his injury.

I believe he had a hamstring pull. For an UDFA trying to make a camp, that is the end of that chance. It's unfortunate, because the Bucs were apparently giving him reps and giving him a real chance.

Best case scenario for him would be to find someone who wanted him on their practice squad this year. First, he needs to get healthy, and then he needs to figure out where he might have that opportunity. I still think he can make it. His measurables aren't incredible, but they are well within the NFL range for a safety.

• 3 weeks later...
Taking his roster spot is UDFA DB Matt O’Hanlon, a Nebraska product who was waived by both Tampa Bay and Carolina this year.

O'Hanlon shows up on the Giants roster. For now, anyway. I still think he has a decent chance of making a roster this year. The guy just doesn't give up.