Big 12 North

When Barnett says the north, I hope he is only referring to his little piss ant school. Nebraska spends the second most amount of money in the conference on their athletic department, loosing out only to Texas, which happens to have 60,000 students and is in the second most populated state in the country. You want money Barnett? Than stop spending all of it on hookers and drugs for your players.

When Barnett says the north, I hope he is only referring to his little piss ant school.

Oh, you mean the same little "piss ant" school that has kicked our butts 3 out of the last 4 years? The same one that has actually won a Big XII championship this decade?

Yes. Also the same one who was found to use strippers and booze to get kids to come play for them.

By the way, CU is favored over NU again this year! It is to our advantage to play them late, since we're developing more kids with no experience. The Buffs have a tendency to start slow, so it should be intriging. The key game, I believe, is Iowa ST. They do not play either UT or OU ( the only team in the North) and if they beat CU then that game is a watershed contest for our North standing.

Why is this opinion wrong?

I was unable toestablish a hyperlink, so go to www.denverpost.com, click on colleges under sports and then review the chart under the Big 12 article (at the end).

Coach Barnet says that the Big 12 North cannot compete with the Big 12 South due to their spending.

Thanks for sharing Roy CO. By the way, in case you were wondering, there are a couple different ways you can post a link:

1) Copy the entire link from your address bar and do a simple 'paste' into the post.

2) Copy the link, then click on the "http://" button above, post the URL in the first box, then type something to describe your link in the 2nd box, i.e. Denver Post Big 12 story.

Just let me know if you still have questions about how to do this. ;)

Regardless if Barnett is a sCUm or not, he does make a valid point.

Not really. Saying that about the whole North division is not very accurate. Saying it about CU could be accurate.

Link

In its last reporting cycle (2003-04), numbers from the Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act reveal South schools spent a combined $68.1 million on football, compared with $55.6 million for North schools. Texas Tech was at a league-high $15.3 million.

The South outspent the North by 12.5 million dollars

Regardless if Barnett is a sCUm or not, he does make a valid point.

Not really. Saying that about the whole North division is not very accurate. Saying it about CU could be accurate.

Link

In its last reporting cycle (2003-04), numbers from the Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act reveal South schools spent a combined $68.1 million on football, compared with $55.6 million for North schools. Texas Tech was at a league-high $15.3 million.

The South outspent the North by 12.5 million dollars

So they outspent the North by a total of 10%. 12.5 million sounds like a lot, but it's not that much when you are talking about upwards of 124 million dollars.

I don't accept that as the reason the south is the dominant division right now. Was spending that much different when the north was dominant? That would be an interesting stat.