Player: Jesse Hayes

Hometown: Cincinnati, OH

School: Moeller HS

Position: DE

Height: 6'4"

Weight: 230

40 time:

Visit Date:

Scholarships: Arizona, California, Cincinnati, Duke, Florida St., Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisville, Michigan St., Minnesota, Nebraska, North Carolina, North Carolina St., Oregon, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin

Committed to Wisconsin

Rivals: :star :star :star (#17)

Scout: :star :star :star (#50)

ESPN: :star :star :star (#35)

40 time:

Visit Date:

Scholarships: Arizona, Cincinnati, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Minnesota, Nebraska, North Carolina St., Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin

Rivals:

Scout: :star :star :star

ESPN:

Why does Moeller HS sound familiar? Have we gone after kids from there before?

40 time:

Visit Date:

Scholarships: Arizona, Cincinnati, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Minnesota, Nebraska, North Carolina St., Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin

Rivals:

ESPN:

Maybe, or it could be Muller HS in Denver? Boulder? We snagged a kid from there this year, right?

40 time:

Visit Date:

Rivals:

ESPN:

Maybe, or it could be Muller HS in Denver? Boulder? We snagged a kid from there this year, right?

I think you mean Mullen in Denver. Can't remember who we got from there recently, but that's where Cory Ross went.

40 time:

Visit Date:

Rivals:

ESPN:

I think you mean Mullen in Denver. Can't remember who we got from there recently, but that's where Cory Ross went.

Shaun Mohler LB Colorado

• 4 weeks later...

Height: 6'4''

Weight: 230 lbs.

40 time:

Visit Date:

Scholarships: Arizona, Cincinnati, Indiana, Kansas, Kent State, Kentucky, Louisville, Minnesota, Nebraska, North Carolina State, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin

Favorites: Arizona, Cincinnati, Indiana, Kansas, Kent State, Kentucky, Louisville, Minnesota, Nebraska, North Carolina State, Ohio State, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin

Rivals:

Puts the total of DL offers over 20 now I think. So much for having our pick of the DL recruits this year. Looks like we are pretty well just blanket offering the entire spectrum.

I know I've brought this up before, but we are going to end up having over 200 offers floating around out there. We have offers out to almost 20 OL as well, and we already have 3 committed.

Note: I'm not doubting the staff, sometimes I'm just a little confused as to their position on a recruit. Seems to me, offering 20 DL recruits tends to water down the value of the offer. Before long, the running joke will be that everyone gets an offer from Nebraska.

Puts the total of DL offers over 20 now I think. So much for having our pick of the DL recruits this year. Looks like we are pretty well just blanket offering the entire spectrum.

I know I've brought this up before, but we are going to end up having over 200 offers floating around out there. We have offers out to almost 20 OL as well, and we already have 3 committed.

Note: I'm not doubting the staff, sometimes I'm just a little confused as to their position on a recruit. Seems to me, offering 20 DL recruits tends to water down the value of the offer. Before long, the running joke will be that everyone gets an offer from Nebraska.

I think the main reason for so many offers is because we dont have the luxury of recruiting like Texas, Florida, Ohio State, or USC they offer who they really want and usually get that kid. We do have over 20 DL offers out but all of the kids we have offered are highly recruited kids with impressive offer sheets, and most if not all of them are very interested in what Nebraska has to offer. Atleast thats the way it comes off to me.

I look at it as the staff has found 20 recruits that could play for us. I think it's much more likely that there 20+ good DL prospects out there than only 5 or 10.

• 1 month later...

Visited both Wisconsin and Tennessee so far. He says he was really surprised with Wisconsin and they lead for him right now. He says that Nebraska is a serious contender and he hopes to visit this summer and possibly take an official visit this fall as well. He really likes JP.

He wants to see more schools before making a decision. Aside from Nebraska, he wants to see NC State, FSU, and Kansas. He'll probably take 1 trip and see both NC State and FSU, then another to both KU and Nebraska.

• Fire 1