DE Jesse Hayes

Nexus

• 1 month later...

• 2 weeks later...

epocson, Do you think we will get the DE from Hawaii?

Yes, although his commitment won't be coming for a little while. It sounds like he is taking his time and really evaluating his options. He mentioned we were in a whole other league than Oregon, which speaks volumes to how much he enjoyed his visit. But who knows, by the time he comes around to actually making a decision, the awe could have worn off.

I say we get him, but there is still a long road ahead.

Sucks that he didn't get here for a visit. We're in the mix when we get them here for a game. I'm surprised we struggling a bit to close when it comes to D-line. I imagine we have our on eye on a couple other options with two DE-candidates down the tubes.

I'd love to get two DEs this year but it won't be the end of the world if we just get one solid one. Didn't we get about 5 last year?

Sucks that he didn't get here for a visit. We're in the mix when we get them here for a game. I'm surprised we struggling a bit to close when it comes to D-line. I imagine we have our on eye on a couple other options with two DE-candidates down the tubes.

I'd love to get two DEs this year but it won't be the end of the world if we just get one solid one. Didn't we get about 5 last year?

Last year we took 3 DE.

Donovan Vestal

Tobi Okuyemi

Walker Ashburn

And we took 3 DT

Chase Rome

Jay Guy

Jake Cotton

If you look at the depth at DE for next year it's pretty deep. Each of these guys will be back for at least 2 more years...

Cameron Merdeith

Josh Williams

Jason Ankrah

Donnovan Vestal

Toby Okyuemi

Walker Ashburn

IF you look at the depth at DT it's pretty deep too...

Jared Crick

Baker Steinkuhler

Terrence Moore

Thaddeus Randle

Chase Rome

Jay Guy

Jake Cotton

Crick and Moore leave after next year, so we really need to bring at least 2 DT's in this year.