DE Dylan Wynn

I'm pretty sure we've taken small guys at DE and just bulked them up. The height may be one thing, but he could grow and there's no cookie cutter requirements anyways, I'd imagine. Wasn't Meredith 235 out of HS? etc...a lot of HS DE's are pretty small, then they bulk up in college. You don't really just pluck around and find these 280 pound ends.

I believe Meredith was more like 250 when he got here, maybe it's Josh Williams your thinking of. He was listed at only 225 coming in, but he was also 6'4" which gave him a lot of room to grow. I'm not saying Wynn is too small to play here, I'm just a little skeptical that the coaches will offer him at DE in a year when NU isn't exactly hurting for talent on the line.

True we aren't hurting this year, but we will still probably take two DE's

There's been some talk that Dylan might not get an offer because of his size, however, it is interesting to note that Anthony Chickillo has similar measurables except he's actually a little lighter... he's got an offer and NU is hot after him.

I have a feeling that if Dylan has a hot motor, a great attitude, really wants to play for Nebraska, and is as good at camp as he is on film, the kid will get an offer and commit soon after...

• 2 weeks later...

There's been some talk that Dylan might not get an offer because of his size, however, it is interesting to note that Anthony Chickillo has similar measurables except he's actually a little lighter... he's got an offer and NU is hot after him.

Dylan's problem isn't as much his size now, but his size in 2-3 years once he gets in the weight program. We are afraid that with his limited football speed as it is, how much weight can he pack on and not limit himself further?

Wynn almost reminds me of Joe Mortensen, who we recruited once upon a time. Insanely productive at a big-time HS, but so many question marks about how he projects at the next level.

And in this recruiting cycle, unless a kid is at the top of our board, we don't need to be in a rush to take any commits. As you can see with the kids we already have, our momentum is strong and we are building a great product here. Recruits, and top recruits at that, are interested and coming to us for the first time in a long time.

Now someone convince Gilmore to wake up from his nap and go get us a stud high school WR.

Dylan's problem isn't as much his size now, but his size in 2-3 years once he gets in the weight program. We are afraid that with his limited football speed as it is, how much weight can he pack on and not limit himself further?

Wynn almost reminds me of Joe Mortensen, who we recruited once upon a time. Insanely productive at a big-time HS, but so many question marks about how he projects at the next level.

And in this recruiting cycle, unless a kid is at the top of our board, we don't need to be in a rush to take any commits. As you can see with the kids we already have, our momentum is strong and we are building a great product here. Recruits, and top recruits at that, are interested and coming to us for the first time in a long time.

Now someone convince Gilmore to wake up from his nap and go get us a stud high school WR.

Mortensen was 1st team all-conference.

Mortensen was 1st team all-conference.

I know, that's why I bring up Mortensen. Joe put up insane stats in HS, but football speed and physical attributes (how much weight he could put on) left tons of coaches wondering how he would translate to the next level. I mean, when you put up nearly 200 tackles against the competition he did, while doing it for 3+ seasons, schools should have been knocking themselves over to get him.

Instead, Joe was battling late into January to get more offers to find a better situation for himself. Kid only had offers from the likes of UDub and Kansas, who are worth noting anyways.

Dylan's biggest problem is ..

202447.jpg

.. you look at him, and you wonder how much more weight can you put on a frame like his without sacrificing speed/quickness when he is already limited there?

#1 things about guys like Dylan - Dobson will have to sign off on him. If Dobson lets Bo know he really believes he can put the required weight on him and not sacrifice his speed, kid will get his offer. Dobson almost always has a say when it comes to kids with questionable limits from a physical standpoint.

And if Dylan didn't have those questions, kid would have an offer - not only an offer from us, but from schools all across the country.

New Rivals teaser on him saying he measured in at 6'2.5" 244 lbs. and squared off against Ryne Reeves today at camp.

Seems like he did good against Ryan but as the day progressed Reeves made some adjustments to get even with Wynn a couple of times.

No offer yet but once Wynn gets back to California he's suppose to call the coaches. The coaches were happy with Wynn's efforts and helped him correct some of his footwork and how to place his hands correctly.

• Fire 1

New Rivals teaser on him saying he measured in at 6'2.5" 244 lbs. and squared off against Ryne Reeves today at camp.

Seems like he did good against Ryan but as the day progressed Reeves made some adjustments to get even with Wynn a couple of times.

No offer yet but once Wynn gets back to California he's suppose to call the coaches. The coaches were happy with Wynn's efforts and helped him correct some of his footwork and how to place his hands correctly.

Thanks for the update, buddy. +1

• Fire 1