Joe Schad's Top 100 Players

Wayyyyy too early. The offseason is where some of the these guys excel and get bigger and stronger. Don't discount another year learning the system. I'm sure Joe Schad was just trying to get something out on the net in order to draw attention.

That's why I don't agree with people releasing a Top 25 for 2010 the day after the national championship game. It makes no sense.

That's why we wait until the recruiting classes are signed and the junior's have figured out if they are going to declare or not before releasing our Early Bird 2010 College Football Top 25.

Top 100 players for next year includes the likes of Landry Jones, Brantly, Dwayne Christ, GABBERT!?!? yet Prince and Helu are left off the list? your thoughts? I think he rushed the list and forgot many deserving players. Crick at #30 is respectable.

Schad's Top 100

:facepalm: yeah! Being in the top 10 in nearly every QB catagory in 2009 with 3/4's of the players above him on the list not returning and being thought of as one of the top 3-5 Qb's in college football going into 2010 its just MIND BLOWING that someone would put him on a list like that. HOW STUPID IS THAT GUY!! :rolleyes:;)

But anyway i agree with knappy and others. Its nothing more than subjective opinions and super early also. How many different names would be on 10 different national writers lists. No biggie, I just got a kick out of your pure shock that of all people, Blaine Gabbert, could be on this list. :lol:

P.S. Zammers, I try to never make a comment about another mans wife/gf/fb whatever, but my god, if that lady goes home with you, you have to be one of the luckest SOB's in the world. :worship If its just a pic of a girl you found on the web, good choice. :cheers And if by some chance that is your daughter/sister/cousin, could you hook me up. :laughpound

• Fire 1

I thought that was just a list of guys to watch for?? Correct me if I am wrong there. But if these are the top players...Gilbert at 27 is just wrong. He doesn't even have a full games experience. But seriously I just took that list as guys to watch for next year.

Top 100 players for next year includes the likes of Landry Jones, Brantly, Dwayne Christ, GABBERT!?!? yet Prince and Helu are left off the list? your thoughts? I think he rushed the list and forgot many deserving players. Crick at #30 is respectable.

Schad's Top 100

:facepalm: yeah! Being in the top 10 in nearly every QB catagory in 2009 with 3/4's of the players above him on the list not returning and being thought of as one of the top 3-5 Qb's in college football going into 2010 its just MIND BLOWING that someone would put him on a list like that. HOW STUPID IS THAT GUY!! :rolleyes:;)

But anyway i agree with knappy and others. Its nothing more than subjective opinions and super early also. How many different names would be on 10 different national writers lists. No biggie, I just got a kick out of your pure shock that of all people, Blaine Gabbert, could be on this list. :lol:

P.S. Zammers, I try to never make a comment about another mans wife/gf/fb whatever, but my god, if that lady goes home with you, you have to be one of the luckest SOB's in the world. :worship If its just a pic of a girl you found on the web, good choice. :cheers And if by some chance that is your daughter/sister/cousin, could you hook me up. :laughpound

I guess I overdosed on :koolaid2::koolaid2: Spent too much time watching the NU MU game and seeing Gabbert get destroyed and thrown around like a little tool. And losing to Navy. My bad.

3998865550_69a2c94682.jpg

Schad's Top 100

Joe Schad's 2010 Top 100 College Football Players To Watch get beat up by some old guys while MIP at a pizza joint at 1:30 AM for hitting on someone else's girl friend yet the Columbia police give a free pass

• Fire 1

I thought that was just a list of guys to watch for?? Correct me if I am wrong there. But if these are the top players...Gilbert at 27 is just wrong. He doesn't even have a full games experience. But seriously I just took that list as guys to watch for next year.

It is a list of players to watch for during the year that all nothing big about it.

Schad's Top 100

Very good points.

However much some on this board may dislike Missouri, I definitely think Gabbert deserves to be in the Top 100. He is definitely the most "pro" worthy quarterback I've seen in my time at Missouri. Other guys (like CD and Brad Smith) got railed for either being a "runner" or "not having enough arm strength" or just "being a product of their system", but I think Gabbert has a superb chance to be one of the top quarterbacks taken in the 2011 or 2012 drafts, depending on when he wants to leave and what kind of a season he has.

Am I surprised Helu and Amukamara aren't on the list? Sure. Being a Nebraska fan, I'd generally give the benefit of the doubt to one of my guys over anybody elses, but I can see their reasoning. Helu put up good numbers, but injuries and inconsistencies hurt him. A non-injured, ready to go Helu could probably put up a 1,500 yard season. However, there were many games this year he struggled mightily, most noticeably in his second consecutive bowl game that he was held out by injury. Amukamara actually surprises me most that he isn't on the list, given he was one of the best corners we have had at Nebraska in awhile last year. But, again, this is all purely subjective.

Schad's Top 100

Have to agree with Fro (as much as it pains me to say that :) ). I hate Mizzou and can't stand Gabbert, but he is one of the better QB's in the country. Would have been interesting to see what numbers he could have put up the rest of the season had he not run into Suh.

Schad's Top 100

Have to agree with Fro (as much as it pains me to say that :) ). I hate Mizzou and can't stand Gabbert, but he is one of the better QB's in the country. Would have been interesting to see what numbers he could have put up the rest of the season had he not run into Suh.

If you mean better in the sense that Gabbert is above average I will agree with you. If you mean better as in one of the ten best QBs in the country I will have to respectfully disagree. Gabbert makes TERRIBLE decisions with the ball. Nebraska should have intercepted Gabbert 8 times . . . only through luck and bad weather did Gabbert survive with only two interceptions.

He has all the physical tools in the world . . . but until he improves the area between his ears I will not be impressed.

• Fire 1