Bears, Super Bowl XLV Champs!!

C N Red

I'm not sold on how great Taylor and Peppers are. Manumaleuna could be a good get, but I'm hearing they want to let Greg Olsen go? How does that make sense?

The thing is, the Bears had a LONG way to go just to get back to being respectable. I'm not holding my breath that this is going to get it done.

Ya, I forgot about the O-line. However, they will help themselves in the draft, all be it their first pick isn't until the 3rd round. But I think they can definitely get some solid help for the line and the defensive backfield deeper in the draft, but I also think they will still be looking around over the spring and summer for some veterans they can bring in at these positions as well. I'm just giddy to actually seeing them spending some money for once. It's hard being a Cubs and Bears fan with them being very, very frugal teams.

I think we'll see the Lions make the playoffs before the Bears win another Super Bowl. Mark it

That's a pretty huge disparity you're setting there. I would agree that the Lions would likely make it to the playoffs before the Bears win the SB again. Getting to the playoffs is relatively easy.

Im really not impressed with the Peppers deal. Six years, $91.5 mil (40 guaranteed) for one defensive lineman that realistically is more likely on the downhill slope of his career, and has a history of being lazy or not playing up to his potential-what exactly will he have to play for now with $40MIL coming his way no matter what?

I think they would have been better suited spreading that money around a little more by going after a guy like Aaron Kampman or Jason Taylor, and adding another proven linebacker or wideout with the leftover proceeds. Oh well. We shall see.

As much as I'd love to see it, they are still building.

Ya, I know they're still building. I'm just trying to be overly optimistic. I should have stated I was being sarcastic when writing my topic name to an extent. I am excited about the Bears spending some money however and at least trying to get better. I will be very happy if they can get a veteran #1 WR, some O-line help, and some safety help to solidify the roster. Here's to hoping.