Chris Williams?

I know Chris Williams is no longer with the program, but the staff was EXTREMELY vague as usual when talking about why...does anyone have any idea why he isn't a Husker anymore? I mean, I saw him at some parties, but I don't know if if that kind of thing got him kicked off or what. But anyway, I'm pissed that he's gone. He was like one of the biggest recruits in the past 3 years. What happened?

Don't be pissed. Someone can dredge up one of the threads that discussed his situation, but near as I can remember, they said he simply didn't want to put in the work necessary to excel.

I don't care if you're a ten star can't-possibly-miss Ndamukong Suh/Tommie Frazier/Mike Rozier all wrapped up into one prospect - if you're not here to work, you're not going to play football here. Bottom line, end of story.

Don't be pissed. Someone can dredge up one of the threads that discussed his situation, but near as I can remember, they said he simply didn't want to put in the work necessary to excel.

I don't care if you're a ten star can't-possibly-miss Ndamukong Suh/Tommie Frazier/Mike Rozier all wrapped up into one prospect - if you're not here to work, you're not going to play football here. Bottom line, end of story.

Who'da thought it thought, right? I mean the kids high school film was beastly...guess he just didn't want to take the next step. Well put though, if he doesn't want to do the work then he has no place in Lincoln.

Chris had tons of talent. But seemed to be more high on his own agenda, rather than being committed to team goals. Similar to the situation with Quentin Castille.

you have no idea how true that is.

Care to elaborate, or do you just enjoy being vague?

I believe he is hinting at the word “high”. I could be totally missing the point though.

• Fire 1

Everything I read about him pointed to his lack of work in rehab. He was upset he wasn't back at practice sooner and felt they were holding him back so he didn't follow the rehab closely. Apparently he thought the doctors, trainers, physical therapists, and coaches all wanted to hold him back and slow him down. If he had taken a second he would know he already missed the first year so it would be a redshirt and he would still have 4 years to play under some of the best defensive coaches in the nation.

Chris had tons of talent. But seemed to be more high on his own agenda, rather than being committed to team goals. Similar to the situation with Quentin Castille.

you have no idea how true that is.

Care to elaborate, or do you just enjoy being vague?

I believe he is hinting at the word “high”. I could be totally missing the point though.

yup, well that and he compares him to quentin, so you know both things mean the same.

I can't understand guys like this that get a chance to go to a good college for free, but don't want to work hard. All he has to do is play football. They even get all the extra help they might need like tutoring to make sure they can get through school. I would KILL to have an opportunity like that. Instead, I'm working almost full-time while going to school to pay for books, tuition, and rent. Oh, and don't forget all the student loans I will be paying off for 200 years after I graduate... <_<

I'm from Abilene, small city where he's from... where he got recruited from. I am friends with some of the guys who played in high school with him, as well as a guy who transferred from NU and is currently playing at my university... all sources match up... he got kicked out for drugs, bad attitude, and lazy work habits.

yeah, i had been told by friends of mine at UNL and some messages from friends of his on social networks that he wouldn't do anything due to weed and the like. all the talent in the world.

also isn't he now going to school at abilene christian?