The Healthcare Bill

The Healthcare Bill  

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have heard that a number of states are going to sue and opt out of the reform. My question is what are chances that they could win?

Yes. 38 states are ready to file law suits against it on the grounds that it is unconstitutional. They said that the Supreme Court might not even look at it. I cant remember the reasoning behind why though.

I have heard that a number of states are going to sue and opt out of the reform. My question is what are chances that they could win?

About .oooo1%. Little chance of success with the current Supreme Court.

That's why I was telling my dad I think it's a possibility that within the next 20 years we might see some states secede, or threaten to at the very least. I'm not advocating anything, but I'm just saying if 38 of the 50 states want this case to be heard by the Supreme Court, and I don't think it will be heard, that's going to stick in a lot of peoples' craws. If they do hear it, I think it'll probably be nothing more than a token hearing. Couple that with the current climate, and I definitely think there is a possibility of some civil unrest here. I don't want to sound like a lunatic or anything, but I'm just saying I think it's possible.

That's why I was telling my dad I think it's a possibility that within the next 20 years we might see some states secede, or threaten to at the very least. I'm not advocating anything, but I'm just saying if 38 of the 50 states want this case to be heard by the Supreme Court, and I don't think it will be heard, that's going to stick in a lot of peoples' craws. If they do hear it, I think it'll probably be nothing more than a token hearing. Couple that with the current climate, and I definitely think there is a possibility of some civil unrest here. I don't want to sound like a lunatic or anything, but I'm just saying I think it's possible.

You don't sound like a lunatic at all. That's exactly the message the whole states rights movement is threatening. It's scary in a "wow . . . there are a LOT of furious (and largely uninformed) people out there" kind of way. I don't think it will actually go as far as another civil war . . . but I don't doubt that there are plenty of people who want it to go that far.

You don't sound like a lunatic at all. That's exactly the message the whole states rights movement is threatening. It's scary in a "wow . . . there are a LOT of furious (and largely uninformed) people out there" kind of way. I don't think it will actually go as far as another civil war . . . but I don't doubt that there are plenty of people who want it to go that far.

I'm just talking hypothetically here. I don't think it'll ever come to a civil war either. I don't think either side wants that, because I think rebel efforts would be largely successful if it ever came to that. I mean the two sides would be indistinguishable to the naked eye. I think a civil war would involve a lot of terrorist-type bombings, and it would get pretty ugly.

My wife is a MA (Medical Asst) at a private practice. I'm hoping this doesn't hose pvt practice Dr's. and my wife loses her job. I just hope there aren't more that will be in the same shoes as my wife.

I have an odd feeling that the healthcare bill is going to fall on it's ass. Then, after having to hear the f'tard Democrats puff out there chests, i'll have to listen to the mental midgets from the other side of the aisle with their "told ya so".

I've heard the secession talk, too. It'll never happen, but what I hope does happen is that enough people get pissed enough (civilly, of course) that government stops this dickering BS they're so fond of and actually do something that WE WANT.

:boxosoap

This country is full of so many great, great people. You can't go anywhere in America without meeting people you'd like to have as neighbors. Yet we're divided over stupid things like "Democrat or Republican" or "Liberal or Conservative." These labels barely apply to most Americans, yet we spend so much energy worrying about "us vs. them." It's stupid, especially when "them" is actually "us," with only a very slightly different point of view.

Whatever side you fall on of political thinking, I beg you to just remember that your opponent is still your brother. He's still an American, no matter what Keith Olbermann or Rush Limbaugh tell you.

:rant

As a simple citizen I have come to the opinion that I have no real influence on anything the government does. I havw also realized that if you want to benefit from the system that is in place you need to know what you need to know in order to take advantage of the system.

This whole thing can't suck enough.

T_O_B

• Fire 1

Whatever side you fall on of political thinking, I beg you to just remember that your opponent is still your brother. He's still an American, no matter what Keith Olbermann or Rush Limbaugh tell you.

Only folks i'd consider my "brothers", I was stationed with in Germany, Hungary, Bosnia, and at West Point and other folks that have served in our military.

Keith Olberman, Rush Limbaugh, or any other of these no account sonsabitches can do the 7.62mm jig, before i'd give a good goddamn about them.

:rant

I don't care if that someone is American, Mexican, Iraqi, Chinese, North Korean, Iranian, Rush Limbaugh or Keith Olberman; if that person believes that it is ok to steal my property, threaten me with violence if I disobey their arbitrary and subjective laws, or in any other way force me to do something that I don't want to do that person doesn't deserve the title of a human being let alone my brother.

And this idea that "we", meaning the collective group of people who reside on the North America continent, are somehow responsible for, socially contracted to or in any way owe anything to other individuals just because we happen to be born and live in the same geographical area is the biggest crock of sh@t I've ever heard. It is exactly that type of altruistic propaganda that has f@cked humanity for so long and has left us us enslaved to a coercive monopoly, commonly known as government, instead of prospering and cooperating in a self-respecting, voluntary and free society.

As a simple slave I have come to the opinion that I have no real influence on anything the government does. I have also realized that if you want to benefit from the system in place you need bend over, take it and hope someone younger comes along to pick up your tab.

This whole thing can't suck enough.

T_O_B

Fixed it for. No offense was meant, hope you don't mind!!

• Fire 1