Top 10 Overrated RB's in College Football

Bleacher report always sucks until there is a good article about the Huskers, then it's all high fives and hand shakes...

No, we should stop putting Bleacher Report on the same pedestal as a legitimate news organization. If you said this about ESPN I'd agree with you. But even "good" articles about the Huskers are just uninformed opinions of some average joe fan.

I never treat it as legit. Just referencing the trend on this board sometimes.

Even some of their Husker articles suck. You should check out the 10 greatest moments in Husker history one...they don't make any sense. I mean, they're good moments, but the ranking is terrible.

I'm telling you, I make an effort to not read Bleacher Report.

in a way Helu is overrated. that is because he is way too injury prone, if he didnt constantly get injured he has the talent to be the best back in the country but he just cant seem to do it he has had two injury riddled seasons in a row. he will get drafted but unless he can prove that he wont get injured it will be in the late rounds.

and for the record mark ingram is the most overrated back in the country. he just really is not that good and when he gets to the NFL you will see that. he was maybe the 4th best back in the country in 2009 and that was a down year for RBs....

Toby was better and Suh was better than Ingram. Even Colt was better until Suh shut him down in the Big 12 C Game.

in a way Helu is overrated. that is because he is way too injury prone, if he didnt constantly get injured he has the talent to be the best back in the country but he just cant seem to do it he has had two injury riddled seasons in a row. he will get drafted but unless he can prove that he wont get injured it will be in the late rounds.

and for the record mark ingram is the most overrated back in the country. he just really is not that good and when he gets to the NFL you will see that. he was maybe the 4th best back in the country in 2009 and that was a down year for RBs....

Toby was better and Suh was better than Ingram. Even Colt was better until Suh shut him down in the Big 12 C Game.

RBs alone Gerhart, Spiller, and Best were all better than Ingram and thats just the short list.

RBs alone Gerhart, Spiller, and Best were all better than Ingram and thats just the short list.

Mark Ingram is awesome. He reminds me of Maurice Clarett. Oh nevermind.

that whole article was wack and half the people on that list i didnt know didnt care about or just didn't seem to have any real reason why they were on that list (or why the list even exsisted).... honestly i dont care about the hyped up running back from new mexico that i've never heard of or the whole nevada team being hyped... i didnt know nevada was hyped to begin with......

the author haf the time didn't even know why he was saying what he was saying (even mentioning it) and the whole thing seemed rushed together.... something perhaps he had to do but didn't really want to do....

Couldn't agree more.

Ingram is a true product of the Alabama offensive line. The guy doesn't have burner speed, he doesn't have dicey moves, and he isn't going to wow you with explosiveness. Put him in another school that isn't to talented on the o-line and I bet he has trouble getting anywhere near his rushing total from last season.

Now, granted, most Heisman winners are generally products of talent around them. Troy Davis didn't win the Heisman because he played for ISU, but if he had those numbers at a school like Nebraska..he is a Heisman winner. Or, you can look at a guy like Rozier. Sure, Nebraska was extremely talented offensively, but that guy just flat out embarrassed you with the perfect combination of speed, athleticism, explosiveness, and power.

Ingram had the most coverage and appeal of any Heisman candidate. He also played for a school that never won a Heisman (bring out the tissues).

With the exception of McCoy I think every other player there deserved the Heisman more than Ingram.

Couldn't agree more.

Ingram is a true product of the Alabama offensive line. The guy doesn't have burner speed, he doesn't have dicey moves, and he isn't going to wow you with explosiveness. Put him in another school that isn't to talented on the o-line and I bet he has trouble getting anywhere near his rushing total from last season.

Now, granted, most Heisman winners are generally products of talent around them. Troy Davis didn't win the Heisman because he played for ISU, but if he had those numbers at a school like Nebraska..he is a Heisman winner. Or, you can look at a guy like Rozier. Sure, Nebraska was extremely talented offensively, but that guy just flat out embarrassed you with the perfect combination of speed, athleticism, explosiveness, and power.

Ingram had the most coverage and appeal of any Heisman candidate. He also played for a school that never won a Heisman (bring out the tissues).

With the exception of McCoy I think every other player there deserved the Heisman more than Ingram.

Even Tebow?

Couldn't agree more.

Isn't this the case with any RB? If a RB doesn't have at least an average line in front of him, then you can pretty much forget about running the ball; it doesn't really matter how elusive, dicey, or speedy the RB is.

Couldn't agree more.

Isn't this the case with any RB? If a RB doesn't have at least an average line in front of him, then you can pretty much forget about running the ball; it doesn't really matter how elusive, dicey, or speedy the RB is.

I'm going to disagree with you here. Alabama is going to have sent 4 O-linemen to the first round of the draft in the last 3 years. I don't think you can say the same for Toby Gerhart, Ryan Matthews from Fresno St, Donald Buckram at UTEP, or Quizz Rodgers.

Couldn't agree more.

GMoose got to my retort before I did lol. :lol: What he said is my sentiments, as well.

I even said in my post though that I do realize that RB's are products of their system, in that some running backs are viewed as great because they have one of the best offensive lines in college football. But, there are guys like Troy Davis that had terrible offensive lines yet still put up amazing numbers against tough competition. And there are guys like Mike Rozier who was one of the best all around backs to ever play the game, regardless of what he had around him. Offensive lines don't give you the ability to juke three defenders and out run a safety to the end zone.

Ingram isn't that speedy, he's not overly explosive, and he's just an all around good not great back. Anything less than what he did, considering the talent around him, should be considered under-performing.

I'm going to disagree with you here. Alabama is going to have sent 4 O-linemen to the first round of the draft in the last 3 years. I don't think you can say the same for Toby Gerhart, Ryan Matthews from Fresno St, Donald Buckram at UTEP, or Quizz Rodgers.

I think I wasn't very clear in what I was trying to say. I wasn't saying that Alabama was way above average at o-line last season, because they were. They have a very good o-line program there and probably always will because that's an important cog in their offense.

What I was saying is that in any RB's case, the o-line has to be at least average to slightly above average in order for the RB to showcase their skill. If defenders are just allowed to blast through the o-line, the RB can dice, slice, and run as fast as he wants, he's probably going to get dropped in the backfield or for a short gain.

Sure Ingram isn't the flashiest of runners, but he's great at making quick decisions and blasting through the hole. He's a tough runner and had a solid year. Should he have won the Heisman? Probably not, but the award is a joke anyway, so I'm not sure why everyone made such a big deal about him winning it. Everyone knows it goes to a player on the best team receiving the most hype at that given time. That's what the award is about now, and that's what it has been about since 1995. End of story.

I think I wasn't very clear in what I was trying to say. I wasn't saying that Alabama was way above average at o-line last season, because they were. They have a very good o-line program there and probably always will because that's an important cog in their offense.

What I was saying is that in any RB's case, the o-line has to be at least average to slightly above average in order for the RB to showcase their skill. If defenders are just allowed to blast through the o-line, the RB can dice, slice, and run as fast as he wants, he's probably going to get dropped in the backfield or for a short gain.

Sure Ingram isn't the flashiest of runners, but he's great at making quick decisions and blasting through the hole. He's a tough runner and had a solid year. Should he have won the Heisman? Probably not, but the award is a joke anyway, so I'm not sure why everyone made such a big deal about him winning it. Everyone knows it goes to a player on the best team receiving the most hype at that given time. That's what the award is about now, and that's what it has been about since 1995. End of story.

Good point about the Heisman. Very true.

I think we disagree on Ingram's body of work though. When I watch film of Ingram, I don't see a skill set that is overly impressive. I mean, if you watch film of him, he will run straight up the middle of the defense untouched for 10-15 yards. Or, the play fake is developed so well that he just goes untouched on the perimeter. He isn't the type of back that's going to juke a couple of guys or impress you with speed, because his offensive line is good enough to the point of where the doesn't have to do that.

I think he's a good player, don't get me wrong. And we agree that he more than likely should not have gotten the Heisman, and that's more or less my point. I believe he is extremely overrated because his athleticism just does not impress me.

Good point about the Heisman. Very true.

I think we disagree on Ingram's body of work though. When I watch film of Ingram, I don't see a skill set that is overly impressive. I mean, if you watch film of him, he will run straight up the middle of the defense untouched for 10-15 yards. Or, the play fake is developed so well that he just goes untouched on the perimeter. He isn't the type of back that's going to juke a couple of guys or impress you with speed, because his offensive line is good enough to the point of where the doesn't have to do that.

I think he's a good player, don't get me wrong. And we agree that he more than likely should not have gotten the Heisman, and that's more or less my point. I believe he is extremely overrated because his athleticism just does not impress me.

well said sir.