DT Gerrand Johnson *

Nexus

Or it's an easy way of saying I don't have an offer I can commit to.

Schools send out offers all the time, but sometimes they aren't willing to accept a commit from a kid at the time they want to end the process. They will call up a staff, want to commit, but the coaches will encourage them to string the process out a bit more.

Happens quite a bit.

Or it's an easy way of saying I don't have an offer I can commit to.

Schools send out offers all the time, but sometimes they aren't willing to accept a commit from a kid at the time they want to end the process. They will call up a staff, want to commit, but the coaches will encourage them to string the process out a bit more.

Happens quite a bit.

Makes sense from our perspective - especially at the DT position this year. Kind of waters down the value or validity of the offer though, but it also explains why we send so many out (which many of you know I b!tch about). Doesn't sound like they are always "offers". I'd like to see the text of a written offer, and what conditions and/or disclaimers are contained within.

• 3 months later...

Has now switched to Mizzou. His word was he first choose ULM because of 3 factors, close to home, accadmics and he thought he could be a huge building block and help jumpstart a program.

Said he kept talking to alot of other coaches and took an under the radar visit to MU this last week and was sold.