Worst Possible Injury

99 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

IMO, everything begins and ends with quarterbacks.

There are a lot of extremely valuable guys on this list, but you have to think: if we lose Crick, for example, who's to say Terrence Moore doesn't step up and take on some of that load? Even if we lose the star of the DBs in Prince, how about an Andrew Green coming in and picking up some of the slack? Losing Henery would hurt a great deal, but what if Dann steps in and produces, or Kunalic makes some kicks to get us through some games?

If we lose Lee, on the other hand, that affects the entire offense and we basically go into rebuilding. Green, even for those of us excited about his potential, we have to admit he's a true sophomore and a first time starter, if that happens. It would involve a lot of fundamental changes to the offense and a lot of patience on the part of the fans.

I think having Lee out for the year is unquestionably the closest thing to a doomsday scenario here. I guess it's just I don't put much stock into the possibility of Green coming in there and tearing it up. Not all of the problems last year were Lee's fault - and he's the best we have by a great deal, not just in talent and proficiency, but also (as some have said), in having command of this team. It would be a huge blow on many levels to lose him.

:yeah

i voted for Henery because he is not only an extremely valuable player, but on the list, he is the most self-reliant, he has no replacement and the special teams cannot make up for his skill on their own. i was tempted to say McNeil because he is probably our most versatile player and a great weapon (except he might be invisible to Lee, just as staying still makes you invisible to T-Rexes, being open makes you invisible to Lee), but we have some talent at wide receiver emerging (he is still by far our best route runner). Crick might be our most talented player, but I believe the sum is greater than the parts with the d-line (same with the whole defense for that matter), and even when SUH sat out a down or two, out d-line still held its own quite well. Gomes can be a game changer with his relentless pursuit of the ball, but again, the defense around him would adjust and maintain. i feel if we lost one running back, we have enough in the stable to replace him and still have the players so the whole load would not fall on one guy (which can get messy). with the parity, for lack of a better word, at qb, an injury might be a blessing in disguise (it would shorten the list, and make the coaches decide on a qb, hopefully by the season opener they will have the depth chart figured out and narrowed down to the starting qb and only one true contender in the two spot). however, at qb, the coaches might not decide the true starter until mid-season, and multiple qb's might be getting playing time at the start of the season. paul might have been the worst player to get injured because he appeared to be our only wide receive who could produce on the field, but others should emerge by the season opener, and mcneil will be great, and mcneil will make the other wide receivers better because defenses will have to account for him as well, whether he still is in a tight end position or a straight up wide receiver. paul also made some sloppy mistakes (which we should try to forget, too painful) and he only emerged because lee was unable to go through progressions with our o-line and he was the best chance as a playmaker at wide receiver. if the o-line improves, we have some decent wide receivers who should be able to also become play makers at paul's level.

so, henery would have to be my choice. his long field goals, his accuracy, and his ability to punt it inside the five, as well as the fact that he is one of a kind. we don't have a replacement, and unlike the defense being able to make up for one player because of its ability as a whole, the special teams cannot make up for henery's skill. his skill is what separates him and his success/failure, as well as the rest of the special teams, is largely up to him.