Worst Possible Injury

99 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

IMO, everything begins and ends with quarterbacks.

There are a lot of extremely valuable guys on this list, but you have to think: if we lose Crick, for example, who's to say Terrence Moore doesn't step up and take on some of that load? Even if we lose the star of the DBs in Prince, how about an Andrew Green coming in and picking up some of the slack? Losing Henery would hurt a great deal, but what if Dann steps in and produces, or Kunalic makes some kicks to get us through some games?

If we lose Lee, on the other hand, that affects the entire offense and we basically go into rebuilding. Green, even for those of us excited about his potential, we have to admit he's a true sophomore and a first time starter, if that happens. It would involve a lot of fundamental changes to the offense and a lot of patience on the part of the fans.

I think having Lee out for the year is unquestionably the closest thing to a doomsday scenario here. I guess it's just I don't put much stock into the possibility of Green coming in there and tearing it up. Not all of the problems last year were Lee's fault - and he's the best we have by a great deal, not just in talent and proficiency, but also (as some have said), in having command of this team. It would be a huge blow on many levels to lose him.

There are a lot of extremely valuable guys on this list, but you have to think: if we lose Crick, for example, who's to say Terrence Moore doesn't step up and take on some of that load? Even if we lose the star of the DBs in Prince, how about an Andrew Green coming in and picking up some of the slack? Losing Henery would hurt a great deal, but what if Dann steps in and produces, or Kunalic makes some kicks to get us through some games?

If we lose Lee, on the other hand, that affects the entire offense and we basically go into rebuilding. Green, even for those of us excited about his potential, we have to admit he's a true sophomore and a first time starter, if that happens. It would involve a lot of fundamental changes to the offense and a lot of patience on the part of the fans.

I think having Lee out for the year is unquestionably the closest thing to a doomsday scenario here. I guess it's just I don't put much stock into the possibility of Green coming in there and tearing it up. Not all of the problems last year were Lee's fault - and he's the best we have by a great deal, not just in talent and proficiency, but also (as some have said), in having command of this team. It would be a huge blow on many levels to lose him.

Good post. However I'd offer that your perspective on the QB could be relative as well due to the emphasis that the staff puts on daily competition. Osborne did the same thing. The '94 season is a perfect example of such a scenario when we were down to playing our 3rd string QB because #1 & 2 were banged up.

I'd also add that the above scenario is only effective if our OL is healthy and executing properly or else it ain't going to matter which QB is in there. It all starts in the trenches. That's the one thing the '94 team had. Great OL protecting #2 & 3. Otherwise they would've fallen apart.

Thanks for making my point. Watson couldn't have put it better. :facepalm:

alot of legit reasoning behind everyones picks, especially Pelini, lol. I voted for Lee, for the same reasons mentioned above but it was hard. I really wanted to pick Williams because healthy the guy is dominant and our O-line was so inconsistent. It almost might still be a better pick, as even though it turned out to be disastrous to lose Lee last year, it might not be as bad this year. The other guy that I think needs serious consideration is Hagg. If Hagg goes down Cassidy is in there most of the plays, and while I'm no walk on hater or anything, we just haven't seen the guy. I should just trust Pelini's judgement on that one but unless they can throw other guys in that spot if need be that seems a little iffy to me.

I voted Lee b/c I really think he's coming into his own as a leader on this team. Sorry to say, but our other QB options are still too green, and until they prove otherwise, Lee is our best, smartest QB. I think his decision-making will be much improved & he is clearly the most accurate passer of the bunch. W/o Lee, our offense will suffer b/c Watson will be much less comfortable with our younger QBs & subsequently drag us through several games of conservative playcalling that could very easily cost us in the win-loss column.

:yeah

GBR!!!

Tough choice between Crick and Lee for me. With a year of maturation and the surgery he finally needed, Lee like any quarterback is ultimately the cog that makes everything else work on offense. But I think Crick is our next superstar, unless one of the young DEs completely explodes this season. He wasn't far behind Suh in the best DT tandem in the country last season. Hard to say it wouldn't be a team's worst loss if he were to go down.

Knock on wood. Very, very hard.