The QB Spot

With the exception of the Sun Belt schedule and the Holiday Bowl, the offense really had a thud of a season. The QB play was below average and at times just bad. With that said, there still seems to be an abundance of raw talent at the position. Zac Lee looked like the player we all hoped he'd be against Arizona. Green struggled most of the season but he still possesses a lot of "raw" talent. Latravis has a cannon for an arm to go with good speed and nice size. Taylor apparently has blazing speed. Ron was last year's scout team MVP. Kody was a decent recruit coming out of high school and Brion Carnes's tape blows them all away!

So my question to you is who would you like to see under center when September 4th comes around?

Who do you think will actually win the starting spot?

Which one of these guys excites you the most?

I guess for the future, I'm most interested in seeing if Kody can come back from his injury and compete. Right now, I'm too scared about all the other guys (except Lee) starting to be excited for them, so it's gotta be Lee.

One thing I disagree with is "Brion Carnes' tape blows them all away!" Doubt it. We get too excited about new recruits and too down on current players and sometimes forget that our current players we like to rag on were all high school stalwarts with stud tapes too.

Guess I'll have a better idea after the spring game, but I'm not sure that any of these guys excite me yet. All we have to go on is practice reports. I know a lot of people are still on the Green bandwagon, but the guy has to show me more than he did last year when he was given the chance. Granted it was his freshman year, but he looked like a deer in the headlights when he was in the backfield.

• Fire 1

I guess for the future, I'm most interested in seeing if Kody can come back from his injury and compete. Right now, I'm too scared about all the other guys (except Lee) starting to be excited for them, so it's gotta be Lee.

One thing I disagree with is "Brion Carnes' tape blows them all away!" Doubt it. We get too excited about new recruits and too down on current players and sometimes forget that our current players we like to rag on were all high school stalwarts with stud tapes too.

Think what you want but Brion's tape is awesome! Reminds me of a mix of Tyrod Taylor and Seneca Wallace!

Brion Carnes:

Some of the other qb tapes

Cody Green:

Zac Lee: http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/recruiting-football/Zac-Lee-San-Francisco--7289

Latravis: http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/recruiting-football/Latravis-Washington-Bra-16523;_ylt=Ak5LC76NfR9tastRKluspl45zJR4

T Mart:

Ron Kellogg: http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/recruiting-football/Ron-Kellogg-Highlights-1-30911

All I'm saying is that it better be ZL or Cody Green. The Martinez story is cute and all, but if Taylor Martinez is the best QB we have on the roster, it's going to be a loooooong season.

Couldn't agree more.

Lee is the incumbent, so I'm expecting him to keep the job. If Cody Green can't take the job this year with Lee out, then I'm curious about his abilities. And the Martinez story is nice, but it is troublesome if he earns the starting job and beats out CG and ZL.

I think you have to be excited about Cody Green, and why not. Last year this kid made 2 starts, and won both games. Yes one was against Baylor and in the Oklahoma game Zac Lee replaced him in the 2nd quarter, but we have to see the kid has great talent. We saw him run the ball against FAU, and we saw him pass against Texas Tech and Baylor, people seem to forget that Cody Green was the reason we got a touchdown against Texas Tech. Now there's a lot of talk that he's made a complete 180 change from what he was last fall to right now. He says he now knows how to read a defense something he didn't know how to do in the fall of last year. If Cody Green is as good as advertised Saturday in the spring game and in fall camp then there's no doubt in my mind that he could be the starting quarterback.

Taylor Martinez was the offensive player of the year in the state of California, if I remember correctly. California is every bit as talent laiden as Florida or Texas, SC has had a great run with basically Cali players.

But my vote still goes to Zac Lee. He is the leader of this team, and my guess will be in the fall. I have never been impressed with Green. I do not see this super star some see. I see a great athlete, but one that has trouble with split second decesions and quick actions. Hope I am wrong. But he was not capable of taking the starting spot away from a injured Zac Lee, what are his chances if Lee returns healthy.

Martinez is a different slant on the offense, and one we say during the Holiday Bowl. He is faster, and has a descent arm, I think.

I do not see the doom and gloom if he should be the starter, as it has been stated many times by this staff the best will play.

Taylor Martinez was the offensive player of the year in the state of California, if I remember correctly. California is every bit as talent laiden as Florida or Texas, SC has had a great run with basically Cali players.

But my vote still goes to Zac Lee. He is the leader of this team, and my guess will be in the fall. I have never been impressed with Green. I do not see this super star some see. I see a great athlete, but one that has trouble with split second decesions and quick actions. Hope I am wrong. But he was not capable of taking the starting spot away from a injured Zac Lee, what are his chances if Lee returns healthy.

Martinez is a different slant on the offense, and one we say during the Holiday Bowl. He is faster, and has a descent arm, I think.

I do not see the doom and gloom if he should be the starter, as it has been stated many times by this staff the best will play.

I remember whenever ZL would pull it down and run or a designed QB run to left, we would lose 2 to 3 yards. I remember that when the D got two quick interceptions against UT in the Championship game, ZL threw 2 picks on the next play. This basically took away two great turnovers against a first round draft QB that had 44 wins in 4 seasons.

At that point the whole ZL had sailed for me. I want Cody or Taylor to start the season.

I can see where the staff is going. We will pound the rock and then on 3rd down we will have a mobile QB that can make plays and move the chains. Not rocket science but a mobile QB and a big line will move the chains. We you give up 10 to 11 points you only need 12 to win.

I say Green or Taylor for their mobility.

So my question to you is who would you like to see under center when September 4th comes around?

Zac Lee, I want a guy on the field that plays with guts and is the "general" the offense. We didnt see alot of that in the middle part of the season, partially may have been do to the injury. I believe learned how to be a leader as the season went on. We saw in the holiday bowl what this offense can do when the players are mostly healthy. Green did not impressed me at all last year. He looked clueless out their at times. Some of that couldve been nerves or being "very green" or watsons play calling.

Who do you think will actually win the starting spot?

Zac Lee... is the returning starter, unless Martinez or Green blows everybody away this Saturday and during summer/fall camp.

Which one of these guys excites you the most?

Martinez.... he has quite of bit athletic talent for somebody to sit on the bench. Im sure the coaching staff is working on some packages for Martinez to run out of the Wildcat or have him line up in the slot to run some reverse passes.... ala OU 2001. I bet he will be on the field in some fashion in the first quarter of the WKU game.