Ranking the Big 12 North Recievers

ADS

Seems like Mr Steve Hunt wrote this months ago & Fox Sports forgot to post it till now.

I don't even know if Gilly belongs in our top 5. He's got great speed & big potential, but he has tons to prove before being considered one of our core WRs. In spite of that snaphew, I still think we will have one of the top two WR corps in the North. However, knowing the type of offense Mizzou runs w/ the passing QB they possess, I see them creeping to the top of the North passing ranks by season's end. Unforturnately with their big, athletic WRs (even with their youth), they reload more than they rebuild.

Niles Paul seems to be the second best returning WR this year, behind McKnight. They probably would have put CU first, but their offense was so anemic that they don't have a lot of viable offensive playmakers this year. I don't think Missouri deserves to be that far down on the list. They also reload at the WR position and will still find that "one guy" to make everything work. They do every year.

is it just me, or does anyone else think kinnie will have a breakout season? (assuming our qb can pass)

:koolaid2: :koolaid2:

I think if we had Kinnie out of HS, he could be on par with Niles right now. Plus I think teams are going to have to respect the run against us more than last year, which should open up the passing game, giving him a chance to be really good.

The performance of our receiving corps will depend on whether our O-line comes together this year (they didn't last year), and whether we have a QB who can accurately throw the ball (we didn't last year). But I think our WRs are as talented as any in the B12 North.

Also, Mizzou lost a bunch of talent. But the guys coming up are pretty good, Jerrell Jackson and Wes Kemp. I'd put Mizzou a couple of spots higher than 5th.

my only beef is when you compare what MU has left to others say, KU & ISU, you see that MU's guys put up better numbers and are younger. Then you look at the recent history of which programs have put together some what of a track record of being able to produce WR talent every year and again MU is much better than the other teams.

I can live with NE's rank simply because of the unknowns of the other teams and what is know for NE.

As always its just one guys opinion 5 months before the season. And he has a right to his opinion. No matter how wrong it is. ;)

• Fire 1

my only beef is when you compare what MU has left to others say, KU & ISU, you see that MU's guys put up better numbers and are younger. Then you look at the recent history of which programs have put together some what of a track record of being able to produce WR talent every year and again MU is much better than the other teams.

I can live with NE's rank simply because of the unknowns of the other teams and what is know for NE.

As always its just one guys opinion 5 months before the season. And he has a right to his opinion. No matter how wrong it is. ;)

fro daddy, i don't think you are wrong.

Cant disagree with you either, Mizzou I thought would have been 1 or 2 on this list before i read it. Give mizzou credit they produce quality receivers every year. I think this guy just looked at last years stats and then threw them up their.

Cant disagree with you either, Mizzou I thought would have been 1 or 2 on this list before i read it. Give mizzou credit they produce quality receivers every year. I think this guy just looked at last years stats and then threw them up their.

the only argument for the list (and i might be a stretch) is that the receiving cores, at this point in time, are at most marginally different, so the ranking is arbitrary.