NCAA Football 11 ESPN integration

http://ncaafootball....ion?blogId=espn

The sights and sounds of ESPN you can expect in NCAA® Football 11:

Updated In-Game UI:

Game Clock: As some of you recently speculated in the Tim Tebow interview article, the game clock has been updated to reflect the new visual style that ESPN revealed during bowl season. We've recreated nearly every animation in the game clock from the Touchdown animation to how the clock opens out from the single ESPN cell.

Banners: Banners received a face lift to match the ESPN style with new data like home town info for Impact and Injured player banners. In addition, we've also created a "Dual Threat" banner to support our mobile quarterbacks now that everyone will be taking advantage of our locomotion update mentioned in our previous blog.

Replay Wipes: ESPN logo intro wipe plays as you start the replay and outro wipe plays as you exit back to the field. These aren't just videos played back over the screen, the wipe is actually a fully animated 3D animation rendered in real time. It's pretty slick.

The Monolith! It's our take on the broadcast bumper you see before every game with the College Football shield logo. This thing is completely rendered real time in the stadium you are about to play in and helps us kick off the broadcast. Coupled with the ESPN College Football Theme…awesome.

Updated UI in the Main Menu and Screens:

The new ESPN look wasn't only integrated into the in-game broadcast. The entire game has been accentuated by the ESPN style to really give the entire game a new television broadcast theme.

Other ESPN additions: On Demand Improvements You can now filter ESPN news articles by you favorite Sports, Conferences and Teams ESPNU Top 150 Recruits ESPNU lists their top 150 recruits that are available in your dynasty

From the new look of ESPN's game clock and stat banners to the ESPN College Football theme; we've infused our game with the iconic sights and sounds of College Football on ESPN. I hope that you've enjoyed this sneak peak of what's to come for our presentation updates in NCAA® Football 11. Stay tuned for more presentation announcements as we get closer to launch. I can't wait to show you guys our next major presentation update!

StatBanner_DriveSummary.jpg

StatBanner_PassingYards.jpg

gameclock.jpg

College_Football_Shield550.jpg

Monolith550.jpg

ESPN_Wipe.jpg

Very good news, and this isn't even the biggest announcement of the game made so far. The gameplay will be infinitely better this year due to the addition of a locomotion/momentum/acceleration engine that will say goodbye to the days of running full speed one direction and instantly going full speed the complete opposite direction.

http://ll-100.ea.com...s/ESPN_Wipe.jpg[/url]

Very good news, and this isn't even the biggest announcement of the game made so far. The gameplay will be infinitely better this year due to the addition of a locomotion/momentum/acceleration engine that will say goodbye to the days of running full speed one direction and instantly going full speed the complete opposite direction.

Locomotion was so badly needed. I'm glad this development cycle has finally gotten on track. I had lost hope. Same for Madden. But it seems that both titles now are headed in the right direction.

I'm not jumping on the bandwagon just yet. I'll wait for some demos and videos to come out first.

The ESPN stuff looks pretty sweet though.

Agreed. NCAA has been beyond lousy so far on this generation fo consoles, so I'm still holding my breath. Sounds promising so far though.

Sounds cool.

Now, if they could just fix the glaring gameplay issues this time around, then I'll be impressed.

Don't think that the ESPN integration and things means they are focusing only on that. Gameplay is the #1 priority this year for both EA football games, and hopefully it bears good fruit. :)

(Too bad I donated my PS3 away :( )

Sounds cool.

Now, if they could just fix the glaring gameplay issues this time around, then I'll be impressed.

Don't think that the ESPN integration and things means they are focusing only on that. Gameplay is the #1 priority this year for both EA football games, and hopefully it bears good fruit. :)

You gave away your PS3? Whaaat!?

Sounds cool.

I sold it and donated the money to earthquake relief :dunno not a day goes by that i don't think about buying one.

Sounds cool.

I sold it and donated the money to earthquake relief :dunno not a day goes by that i don't think about buying one.

Giving away one of my consoles would be like giving away a first-born son for me. I commend your generosity.

Much respect. :worship