Congrats to Chris Brooks, he signed with the Bucs

The Bucs have signed five tryout players from the rookie minicamp.

The list includes Clemson's Renrick Taylor, a 6-foot-2, 274-pound fullback. He began his career at Clemson as a receiver. The Bucs had a need at fullback after releasing veteran B.J. Askew.

The others earning roster spots were Nebraska WR Chris Brooks, Texas A&M G Lee Grimes, Rutgers DE George Johnson, Georgia Southern CB Darrell Pasco, a former Countryside High standout.

"Either he brings something completely different that you didn't have, or, he comes in and just blows you away with effort,'' Bucs coach Raheem Morris said of the critera for a tryout player to earn a contract.

"You say, 'Wow, how did this guy not get drafted? How was he not high on our list before? We were wrong on that one?' It's okay to say that, because we weren't the only team that was wrong.''

The Bucs also released Tennessee G Vladimir Richard and Texas A&M DE Matt Featherston.

LINK

Congrats to him. I always thought he was the most talented receiver after Niles. I was always waiting for him to break out, but untimely injuries really robbed him of a productive career at UNL. I wish him all the best.

Always been a Chris Brooks fan, I was too hoping he would breakout this last year. Looks he was starting to then the injury bug hit him again. Hope he makes the best of it.

This to me again points to Gilmore not being very good IMO. He was a mature player who was probably our second fastest with good hands but bc he didn't block as well as some others he rarely got to play until his senior year, then he got hurt. Until Gilmore learns to put his playmakers on the field, somewhere, somehow, this offense will not reach it's top notch.

Brooks didn't get a real shot this year because before our offense really went to the crapper, the WRs ahead of him on the depth chart were still playing at an adequate level. Then when he started to look like he was going to break out (5 for 70 against TTech), he got hurt and couldn't come back until after the offense went very vanilla and Kinnie started stepping up.