Greatest Television Show... Ever

It's pretty cool that you started this thread sd'sker. I just started looking for new shows to download to see at work :thumbs I don't watch much T.V., but The Office and Dexter are pretty cool. I'm currently watching Mad Men, and downloading The Wire.

It's pretty cool that you started this thread sd'sker. I just started looking for new shows to download to see at work :thumbs I don't watch much T.V., but The Office and Dexter are pretty cool. I'm currently watching Mad Men, and downloading The Wire.

thanks. i'm a pretty big television connoisseur. i haven't gotten into mad men, but i think i would like it. i hope you like the wire, i think you will. you'll have to let us know what you think of the wire.

I gave Entourage a try, first few episodes, wasn't a fan at all. Anyone like that show?

Anyone ever watch Andy Richter Controls the Universe? That show was one of the funniest shows ever, and it's a shame it only lasted a couple of seasons.

Oh, and Secret Girlfriend was a guilty pleasure for me, only went 6 episodes, but they all made me laugh my butt off.

The Shield

Married with children was the greatest TV sitcom though.

Watch the first episode of the Wire compared to the first ep of the Shield. Shield will suck you in.

that is the beauty of the wire. it starts out slow and works to a big payoff. you really need to watch the whole season. and i would suggest watching like 3 episodes at a time.

i know not many people have posted yet, but i'm surprised no one has said Arrested Development, that is definitely a close second for me, which only goes to how great the wire is, because without the wire, arrested development would be the best show ever, hands down.

I did, still it was hard to keep interested because it was painfully slow.

And you're still wrong, The Sopranos was the greatest of all time.

The Sopranos was the reason television was invented. All those decades of striving, and it finally found its purpose. Regardless of what the heretics above had to say, The Sopranos is so far ahead of everything else out there (save for its disastrous finale) in terms of substance that it's depressing to think about what's left in its absence. I never believed it was possible for a TV show to carry on and in some ways surpass the legacy of Coppola and Scorsese, but then it happened.

Dexter is a fantastic show, but like the Jeff Lindsay novels, the writing is sometimes cringingly on-the-nose. Michael C Hall serves up a virtuoso performance, but once in awhile the writing room gives him ridiculous scenes and V.O. where he banally narrates about his 'dark passenger' (another dreadful insert from the novel). And, terribly, the fourth season recently finished airing. Disaster. They're just lucky they didn't go with their original finale and took a left turn to Surprise Town. If they hadn't done that, the season couldn't even have been the placeholder it is for season five.

why does the travel channel have better food shows than the food network?

That's a great question! I love Anthony Bourdain. He kicks the butt of anything on Food Network. Zimmer is OK, Man vs. Food is OK.

I agree, Bourdain kicks @ss. Have you ever watched Dinner Impossible with Chef Robert Irvine on the Food Network?

That's a great question! I love Anthony Bourdain. He kicks the butt of anything on Food Network. Zimmer is OK, Man vs. Food is OK.

I agree, Bourdain kicks @ss. Have you ever watched Dinner Impossible with Chef Robert Irvine on the Food Network?

Bits and pieces. It doesn't grab my attention like Bourdain. The only things I watch on FN are Tyler's Ultimate (religiously) and Giada's shows, if they're on when I'm cooking and nothing else is on.

I'm a huge Tyler Florence disciple. I have all of his recipes downloaded and I make at least one for dinner every week.

I've tracked down recipes from some of the No Reservations shows, too. So far my favorite is Feijoada, which is the traditional dish of Sao Paulo, Brazil. I had a Paulista I met on an MMORPG verify that it was traditional. Not bad, but not something I'd eat every week. Or every month.

Bits and pieces. It doesn't grab my attention like Bourdain. The only things I watch on FN are Tyler's Ultimate (religiously) and Giada's shows, if they're on when I'm cooking and nothing else is on.

I'm a huge Tyler Florence disciple. I have all of his recipes downloaded and I make at least one for dinner every week.

I've tracked down recipes from some of the No Reservations shows, too. So far my favorite is Feijoada, which is the traditional dish of Sao Paulo, Brazil. I had a Paulista I met on an MMORPG verify that it was traditional. Not bad, but not something I'd eat every week. Or every month.

I have all of Tyler Florence's and Bobby Flay's cookbooks.

Feijoada takes forever to cook but it is quite tasty. Hell, anything with pork for that matter is quite tasty. If you're into South American/Mexican cuisine, I would recommend any videos and cookbooks by Chef Rick Bayless.

I like watching Dinner Impossible because I used to work in the catering business. I can empathize with the Chefs when the client throws them a last minute curveball sometimes changing their whole menu. I don't know how many times I had a client entirely change the menu a few days before an event. Talk about pressure, but what do you do? If you want the business, you roll with it.