*** Official World Cup 2010 Thread***

More Details On Robben's Injury To Be Revealed On Monday

Robben did not travel with his team to South Africa today, instead traveling to Holland to have an MRI on his left hamstring. The results of the scan will not be known until Monday, according to NOS (a Dutch radio, television and Internet organization that deals with sports).

Robben Has Slight Tear In Hamstring

The Netherlands striker revealed he suffered a slight tear in his left hamstring in the friendly against Hungary. Doctors have told him the normal recovery time is 4-6 weeks. Robben will undergo intense rehabilitation and will not be replaced in van Marwijk's 23 man squad, according to Studio Voetbal (a Dutch soccer tv show).

Doctors Give The Nod For Torres To Play In Tonight's Friendly

Fernando Torres has been cleared to played by the team's doctors, saying El Niño has fully recovered from the injury to his right knee, according to Spanish newspaper Marca. Torres had been seen wearing a wrap around his right knee the past 2 days.

Ok, I don't watch soccer much, if ever, so forgive the stupid question I'm about to ask. I see that South Africa and Mexico are tied 1-1 at Full Time (that's the lingo right?). So is the match a draw or do they do a shootout or something?

Ok, I don't watch soccer much, if ever, so forgive the stupid question I'm about to ask. I see that South Africa and Mexico are tied 1-1 at Full Time (that's the lingo right?). So is the match a draw or do they do a shootout or something?

In the group stage there are draws, wins are worth three points and draws worth one point the two teams with the most points after the three games move to the knockout round

There are no draws in the knockout round they play 30 minutes of extra time in case of a draw after 90' and if the teams are still tied after 120' they have a goal shootout

Here is the exact quote from FIFA's rule back as to why Mexico's first goal was ruled offside: "A player is in an offside position if he is nearer to his opponent's goal line than both the ball and the second last opponent."

not even sure why the announcers were debating this yesterday during the game. He was clearly offside...the keeper stepped up (WAY out of position I may say). Good call by the AR

Good game by Mexico. They dominated the first half. But I'm glad the hosting country got the first goal of the Cup. And if that final attempt had been a couple inches to the right....!