Hey HuskerBoard, how would you feel about...

Nexus

a scenario where all parties involved agreed to allow Texas and A&M into the Big Ten along with Nebraska and Missouri? Keep in mind that the Big Ten would automatically eliminate any imbalance of power, so UT would be on a level field with the rest of us politically speaking.

Thoughts?

a scenario where all parties involved agreed to allow Texas and A&M into the Big Ten along with Nebraska and Missouri? Keep in mind that the Big Ten would automatically eliminate any imbalance of power, so UT would be on a level field with the rest of us politically speaking.

Thoughts?

at first approximation, boo.

Thoughts?

Thanks. Your response was my first guess that the majority would take. I'm just curious what the rest here might think.

Thoughts?

Thanks. Your response was my first guess that the majority would take. I'm just curious what the rest here might think.

i could see how we could have a powerful friend and ally arguing on our behalf but i think eventually texas would only become self serving and side with the other big guns in the big 10 leaving us screwed once again.... so no i dont think it wuld be good long term in many ways...

on the other hand it would allow us to be more visible in texas for fans recruits etc..... so it has it perks too

• Fire 1

Thoughts?

it's an interesting question, but i would be excited to get away from texas. i just do not enjoy playing them, it is only exciting because they are usually top ten, other than that, i don't care. when i first heard about expansion, i assumed it meant big 10 would pick up one team, just to get a conference championship. obviously, ND would be the natural fit. other than that i saw a pitt or 'cuse. mizzou made perfect sense, probably best pickup outside of ND because of market and academics (but i don't really see them as a big 10 school, to used to them being big 12). i can see NU fitting in the Big 10, geographically and tradition/history. Texas always seemed an odd fit in the big 10, and i hated the idea because that would be a huge blow to the big 12, and NU would be left behind. Texas going to the big 10 would just be about expanding market share.

However, everything has changed, and it looks like NU and Mizzou are set up to be sitting pretty. I get more excited by the idea of joining the Big 10 for more reasons each day, but one of those reasons in cutting ties with Texas and leaving them behind. i just don't think UT and NU have the rapport like we do with other big 12 teams, and we are better off away from them.

I find that scenario to be highly unlikely, as I'm sure you do. But for the sake of argument, I wouldn't mind. I don't have any angst against Texas or A&M. Any on-field issues I have with them are mostly our fault (score more so the 1 second doesn't matter, Nunn doesn't fumble, we cover the defensive backfield on 4th down, etc).

The benefit, as you point out Nexus, is that in the Big 10 Texas would NOT be calling the shots. They would be a "member school" just like the rest. I have a hard time believing that Michigan, Penn State and Ohio State would in any way surrender their dignitas to the likes of Texas. Heck, Michigan State and Wisconsin wouldn't. It would be an evenly negotiated, evenly set up conference, much like the Big 10 is now, with mutual benefit for all members.

The biggest problem people have with Texas (I think) is that they essentially rule this conference. When the Big 12 was formed Oklahoma was so enthralled with having their Red River Rivalry buddies in-conference that they weren't about to gainsay anything the Longhorns wanted. The schools that eventually formed the North were tired of being walloped by us and were in no mood to vote as a bloc in favor of our pet rules, so we ended up with Texas calling the shots - and you can't blame them, because in their shoes a lot of other schools would have done the same thing.

Texas with their bully pulpit removed would be a fine conference partner. I would have no worries about them.

I would much rather get away from Texas myself. I love the A&M fans though. I find the Texas fans very obnoxious and it would be nice not to have to deal with most of them. Other then that I don't really hold a grudge against them, because Nebraska beat themselves in some of those close games. My main thing for liking the Big 10 move is the Big XII has been so frustrating. During this whole time on expansion talk...they have done NOTHING!! Which says something to me...they don't have a clue on what they are doing. Plus they want to keep the CCG down in Texas...thanks for saying we (teams in the north) don't matter and I know the teams in the north are voting for that too which is equally frustrating. We have no TV network, thanks to Texas once again...so I have heard.

Sorry for the rant, but it is just frustrating to think we are in a conference that caters to the south (which is partly understandable). Back on topic though, I will take A&M, but Texas can go somewhere else. Shoot, I would actually enjoy it if Missouri would go with us...that is kinda comforting actually if that happened.

I'd have no problem with almost any of the other Big 12 schools coming if we do go. I'd rather it be OU and UT if we were any of the southern teams (understand that OU isn't qualified IIRC) and I'd like KU from the north also.

I don't find Texas fans to be any more obnoxious than CU fans and at least Texas has a few things of importance to brag about. Most Texas fans I run into are just prideful in their state and couldn't name more than maybe a player or 2 off of their team at any point in time.

If the administrative playing field were leveled, I wouldn't care if we left the conference if we had the Pac-10 alliance deal. At least not nearly as much. I just don't trust anything involving Texas any more.

Maybe we'd feel that way in the Big 11ty16.

I hate CU, U$C, and Miami much more than Texas. I actually really only hate the Texas administration and the Big 12's. I still find the Whorns rather pathetic in most ways. At least U$C was buying championships and had some solid coaching and did something with the talent that falls into their laps. Texas really hasn't.

Texas would be at home in the SEC as part of the good ole boys network down south. CU can go to the Pac-10 because this state (Colorado) is becoming like Kalifornia and that coast more and more each year anyway.

I am surprised that we haven't heard much out of OU.......