Niles Paul ticketed in downtown Lincoln

Drank a few beers and peed on a fence?

Death.

It's the only viable option at this point.

College kid and a beer? Never should happen. I hope all those skybox owners that somehow have a bar in their box take notice. No beer for anyone in the football program. Guys from the Osborne era would have brawls on O St. way worse than this.

This.

People need to get a life. He wasn't driving. He's going to run stairs and be forced to do extra lifting. The End. He's twenty and he got caught pissing outside. This isn't an Andy Christensen-like event. He pee'd outside. It's hilarious how bent out of shape people get over an ARBITRARY drinking age. You can fight for your country and vote for the prez, but you can't drink alcohol... hmm sounds a little strange. I don't fret over stuff that isn't important. Like this.

That's a really nice fantasy you have there. In reality, Niles was busted for MIP and urinating in public, not just urinating in public. He was downtown drinking after having gotten a DUI last year. He's a high-profile player, and this news is being reported on CNN, CBS, ESPN, etc, etc, etc.

And it doesn't matter how stupid the drinking age is. I agree with you that it should be lower, or the age to fight in a war and vote should be higher, whichever, but the law is what the law is. Pretending it isn't just gets you a ticket. Ask Niles.

Nobody really cares if you or I or anyone else fret about this. What we care about is if the law frets about it and/or if Bo frets about it. Bo's a lot closer to my age than yours, and I'm betting his reaction is going to be similar to mine (Niles, you're an idiot. I don't want to have to do something here, but you're forcing me to.) And if the law decides to put him on probation for MIP after a DUI, both of which occurred when he was underage, then it becomes something to fret about.

• Fire 2

I think the closer the BAL gets to .2 the worse things are. He was barely above the legal limit and made a poor decision on where to take a piss. Add to that his bad luck at even being caught (because again how many kids are out doing the same thing at the same time).

It just seems like something to get completely bent out of shape at when Rothlisberger's getting out of a rape charge only because they can't determine consent because the girl was past the limit to where she could give consent (in legal fiction) with only a 4 game suspension (you know Goodell's going to drop the suspension to 4 games).

If anything Paul should've been suspended last year when he got his DUI. This is the type of thing where you run his ass off until he can't stand or do anything for a month outside of just going home and passing out.

People need to get a life. He wasn't driving. He's going to run stairs and be forced to do extra lifting. The End. He's twenty and he got caught pissing outside. This isn't an Andy Christensen-like event. He pee'd outside. It's hilarious how bent out of shape people get over an ARBITRARY drinking age. You can fight for your country and vote for the prez, but you can't drink alcohol... hmm sounds a little strange. I don't fret over stuff that isn't important. Like this.

That's a really nice fantasy you have there. In reality, Niles was busted for MIP and urinating in public, not just urinating in public. He was downtown drinking after having gotten a DUI last year. He's a high-profile player, and this news is being reported on CNN, CBS, ESPN, etc, etc, etc.

And it doesn't matter how stupid the drinking age is. I agree with you that it should be lower, or the age to fight in a war and vote should be higher, whichever, but the law is what the law is. Pretending it isn't just gets you a ticket. Ask Niles.

Nobody really cares if you or I or anyone else fret about this. What we care about is if the law frets about it and/or if Bo frets about it. Bo's a lot closer to my age than yours, and I'm betting his reaction is going to be similar to mine (Niles, you're an idiot. I don't want to have to do something here, but you're forcing me to.) And if the law decides to put him on probation for MIP after a DUI, both of which occurred when he was underage, then it becomes something to fret about.

And if Paul is a USC WR and this is LA, it isn't news. Part of the reason, if not most, is my guess the local rags picked up on this and friggin went batsh#t with it and it spiked the national radar. Couple that with the slow offseason in the NCAA and there you have it. To think that Paul is the first minor in the history of college football or even in Nebraska is tatamount to insanity.

Wake me when there is a serious offense with a Nebraska athlete.

What the Hell is wrong with all you do gooders on here, he peed on a fence, walking home, thats a very good thing(duh), don't rip on the guy because he was doing the right thing! They're guys in Lincoln pissing on fences as you read this, let it go, Niles is a good guy, He has already paid the price of "peeing on a fence".

What the Hell is wrong with all you do gooders on here, he peed on a fence, walking home, thats a very good thing(duh), don't rip on the guy because he was doing the right thing! They're guys in Lincoln pissing on fences as you read this, let it go, Niles is a good guy, He has already paid the price of "peeing on a fence".

I don't know, I think he's the first college athlete to ever get caught consuming alcohol. Its a really big deal

:sarcasm :sarcasm :sarcasm

It must be fun to live in a world where there are no consequences for your actions. All of you who think Paul getting busted for a DUI and MIP in less than a year while underage is no big deal are going to have a really rude awakening if you're ever in a position like Niles where you actually have to be responsible and your actions have consequences.

Good luck with that, fellas.

• Fire 2

It must be fun to live in a world where there are no consequences for your actions. All of you who think Paul getting busted for a DUI and MIP in less than a year while underage is no big deal are going to have a really rude awakening if you're ever in a position like Niles where you actually have to be responsible and your actions have consequences.

Don't get me wrong, nothing confuses me more than some of the stupid things that scholarship athletes do with all the privileges they have. He should be punished and will be, he broke the rules. What I'm saying (and I think a few others in the topic) is that there's worse things than an MIP. Like hitting your girlfriend, or stealing laptops from a frat house. And some people seem to think that this is a rare occurrence, so it gets blown out of proportion a little.

I think he she be suspended, not kicked off the team. All this negative pub he's getting is half the punishment anyways.

Don't get me wrong, nothing confuses me more than some of the stupid things that scholarship athletes do with all the privileges they have. He should be punished and will be, he broke the rules. What I'm saying (and I think a few others in the topic) is that there's worse things than an MIP. Like hitting your girlfriend, or stealing laptops from a frat house. And some people seem to think that this is a rare occurrence, so it gets blown out of proportion a little.

I think he she be suspended, not kicked off the team. All this negative pub he's getting is half the punishment anyways.

There hasn't been a single post in this thread advocating more than a game suspension, yet some of the people defending Paul make sound like those of us saying he'll probably get suspended are labeling him a hardened criminal. It's a ridiculous overreaction.

There hasn't been a single post in this thread advocating more than a game suspension, yet some of the people defending Paul make sound like those of us saying he'll probably get suspended are labeling him a hardened criminal. It's a ridiculous overreaction.

Fair enough. I guess I have a little bit of a slanted view as a college student who DIDN'T have his named plastered all over numerous national publications when he got an MIP...

If this was his first offense, I think he'd get a tongue lashing and that would be about it with some extra running etc. With this being his second offense, I'm guessing some sort of suspension will occur anywhere from a quarter to a game. I just can't believe how much law enforcement in Lincoln has changed in the past 15 years. 15 years ago this would have been a non-event because a cop would have never written a citation. The football players did receive a bit more leniancy than the rest of us, but not that much. A typical college student 15 years ago would have never been cited for this either.

This is what it took to get suspended for a game back in the day: Christian Peter: In 1993, Peter sexually assaulted Melissa DeMuth in his dorm room, and also groped Natalie Kuijvenhoven (a former Miss Nebraska) in a crowded bar and told her how she loved it in an obscenity-laced tirade. He was convicted and sentenced to 18 months probation, and was suspended for a 1993 exhibition game.

EDIT - this is a reply to Moose:

Right, but neither you nor anyone else getting MIP are scholarship athletes. That's the only reason anyone cares.

And for my part, I actually care about Niles Paul. I don't know him, never met him, and probably never will, but I'd love to see him have a great Sr. season and a great career in the pros afterward. I don't want to see him mess that up, and as we've all seen far too often, screwing around with booze in college makes you do stupid things. We don't want that for Niles, so we're concerned for him, and "mad" at him for putting himself in that situation.

The best thing about this is he wasn't driving. Two questions: How many of us consumed alcohol before we were legal? How many of us guys have pee'd in a semi-public place? Seems to me God gave us the right equipment and zippers in the front of our pants just so we could relieve ourselves when nature calls.

T_O_B

:dunno:cop::dunno