Big 10 = Big Trouble

Are we better off in the big 12 north than big 10 as far as won loss record goes?  

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Michigan will never rebound.

Why do you think that? They don't have the greatest win/loss record in college football by accident. The fan base they have, the athletic department they have, the history and resources and track record and alumni they have won't let them stay down long. There probably isn't a school in all of college football that is less likely to remain down long than Michigan.

Oklahoma, Nebraska, USC, Alabama, Auburn, Miami, Florida State - these are all prominent programs that had rough patches in the past 20 years, yet rebounded. And not one of them can boast a better support structure than Michigan.

It's safe to say that I do not agree with your assessment.

Kinda meant that sarcastically. I just havent seen them get any better with RichRod running the show. If they dont win this year, then they will never win with RichRod. Just my thoughts.

That makes sense. I thought maybe you'd gotten ahold of some bad wonton and were hallucinating for a second there. :)

All of this "Nebraska winning the Big 10", "Dominating", etc., is all predicated on one thing: ALL OTHER THINGS BEING EQUAL. That is, it assumes we will continue to gain good recruits and field a good team. We can't just assume this. Our world is getting ready to change drastically - the location of much of our fan base, our recruiting pipelines - we haven't made such a step in our entire history.

I liken our move to Coca Cola changing its recipe back in the 80s. I think that is a huge question mark that only time will be able to answer.

All of this "Nebraska winning the Big 10", "Dominating", etc., is all predicated on one thing: ALL OTHER THINGS BEING EQUAL. That is, it assumes we will continue to gain good recruits and field a good team. We can't just assume this. Our world is getting ready to change drastically - the location of much of our fan base, our recruiting pipelines - we haven't made such a step in our entire history.

I take it your history books don't go past 1996?

Michigan has way too much $$ and resources to stay down forever. If they have another losing season, Rodriguez will surely get canned and I foresee them approaching Jim Harbaugh for the job.

Harbaugh can flat out coach. If you can win at stanford, you can prob win anywhere. Imagine how good stanford would be if it werent a private school.

Michigan has way too much $$ and resources to stay down forever. If they have another losing season, Rodriguez will surely get canned and I foresee them approaching Jim Harbaugh for the job.

There are a couple things I like about Michigan. Their crib(the big house) holds 110k-ish fans and secondly it was part of the subplot/storyline in The Big Chill, kinda liked how Kevin Kline was a huge college football fan. He was all into the game and stuff.

PS-they put a few good QB's in the NFL. That's all I got on UM.

I liken our move to Coca Cola changing its recipe back in the 80s. I think that is a huge question mark that only time will be able to answer.

We have the young players in our system that would be the core of the teams in the first years of the league

If we have success in our first two or three years why would our recruiting drop off?

This argument about being unable to recruit if we move bewilders me to no end

We have the young players in our system that would be the core of the teams in the first years of the league

If we have success in our first two or three years why would our recruiting drop off?

This argument about being unable to recruit if we move bewilders me to no end

If we contunie to improve and win a couple of championship along the way, we will be able to pick our recruits like Texas does. I dont think it really matters whether we play in the Big 12 or Big Ten.

Am I the only one worried about how our Huskers will fair in the Big 10??

Think about it. We should be able to beat Indiana, Northwestern, Illinois usually. I fear that Ohio St., Wisc., Michigan (once they rebound), Penn St., and Iowa will routinely beat us. Other teams I'd put about 50/50 depending on what type of year they and we are having. I know that Minnesota has a DC that will have his boys looking to light their hair on fire and cause a wreck when they play our Huskers. Makes me hope we can keep the big 12 together. At least we're somewhat competitive in the North Division.

GBR!

Anytime, Anywhere, Anybody, if we can't live by those rules, we need to pack it in. NU can recruit and play with anyone!!! cue the Gladiator music..................................................

Nebraska needs to stay in the Big 12. Period. You owe it to the founding fathers of the orginal Big 8 conference....ya know, where your proud roots have been laid and your foundation of a program? You Big 8 siblings are waiting for you to make your move. Sevaerl (My Jayhawks) knowing that if you leave, it could throw our program into one of the biggest pickles ever.

It would show alot of class if Nebraska chooses to do the right thing and stay. Now, is it wrong that Texas makes all the money-yes, but can't we work togetehr like the old days and throw out the Texas schools? Bring back to Big 8!! Yeah, I know dollars are behind all of this realignment, but has dollars clouded our history and what is right with scholastic ahletics? Texas is holding none of the original 8 schools hostage. There is no reason they couldnt work together and start a new Big 8.

I cringe to think of watching my Jayhawks turn independent. Many speculate that KU would turn to the Mountain West...I disagree. KU is much too proud of a school to settle for a lower teir conference. They would stay independent, until the right deal is reached....and who really knows how long that would take.

If Nebraska leaves for the dollars I will lose alot of respect for your program. If you leave, it goes against everything Nebraska stands for. "Tradition" is the word ALL Nebraska fans tout when asked about their football program. It started with the Big 8 and continued with the Big 12. If you leave for the Big 10, then so much for tradition. That will mean nothing to teams like Michigan, Ohio State, and Penn State. They could care less what you did many moons ago. Alright, I'm done typing, because the more I think about this, the more mad I get. The original 8 should not break up. Tradition still means something to this Jayhawk fan, unlike many around this country. I know there are still alot of Husker fans that agree with me.

Nebraska needs to stay in the Big 12. Period. You owe it to the founding fathers of the orginal Big 8 conference....ya know, where your proud roots have been laid and your foundation of a program? You Big 8 siblings are waiting for you to make your move. Sevaerl (My Jayhawks) knowing that if you leave, it could throw our program into one of the biggest pickles ever.

It would show alot of class if Nebraska chooses to do the right thing and stay. Now, is it wrong that Texas makes all the money-yes, but can't we work togetehr like the old days and throw out the Texas schools? Bring back to Big 8!! Yeah, I know dollars are behind all of this realignment, but has dollars clouded our history and what is right with scholastic ahletics? Texas is holding none of the original 8 schools hostage. There is no reason they couldnt work together and start a new Big 8.

I cringe to think of watching my Jayhawks turn independent. Many speculate that KU would turn to the Mountain West...I disagree. KU is much too proud of a school to settle for a lower teir conference. They would stay independent, until the right deal is reached....and who really knows how long that would take.

If Nebraska leaves for the dollars I will lose alot of respect for your program. If you leave, it goes against everything Nebraska stands for. "Tradition" is the word ALL Nebraska fans tout when asked about their football program. It started with the Big 8 and continued with the Big 12. If you leave for the Big 10, then so much for tradition. That will mean nothing to teams like Michigan, Ohio State, and Penn State. They could care less what you did many moons ago. Alright, I'm done typing, because the more I think about this, the more mad I get. The original 8 should not break up. Tradition still means something to this Jayhawk fan, unlike many around this country. I know there are still alot of Husker fans that agree with me.

Out of curiosity, where was this sentiment when the Big XII was formed? Where was this "loyalty to your brothers" when votes went 11-1 over and over, with Nebraska the lone dissenting vote? Where was this when Tom Osborne warned the Big 8 about a Texas takeover? Those ears were deaf then, and it screwed this conference.

The machinations taking place now are not Nebraska's fault. They are the result of a decade and a half of willful ignorance of the consequences of letting the Texas schools and legislature run this conference. They are the result of the global landscape of college football today, and they are the result of the billions of dollars available in this market.

• Fire 2

Out of curiosity, where was this sentiment when the Big XII was formed? Where was this "loyalty to your brothers" when votes went 11-1 over and over, with Nebraska the lone dissenting vote? Where was this when Tom Osborne warned the Big 8 about a Texas takeover? Those ears were deaf then, and it screwed this conference.

The machinations taking place now are not Nebraska's fault. They are the result of a decade and a half of willful ignorance of the consequences of letting the Texas schools and legislature run this conference. They are the result of the global landscape of college football today, and they are the result of the billions of dollars available in this market.

yeah.gif

cheers.gif