This whole thing is awful

Forgive my ignorance as I didn't have a vested interest in Nebraska during the days of the Big 8; but which was the bigger rivalry: NU v Oklahoma or Texas v Oklahoma?

Hate to say this, for the the Sooners I think it was OU vs Texass. The NU/OU game was only the play in game to the national championship.

If we move (and I think we will) I think we'll be seeing a LOT of OOC games against Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, maybe Colorado, and Oklahoma once in a while.

That would soften the blow quite a bit, and make for some awesome seasons.

I don't know, Perkins has already said they would be hard pressed to play Nebraska or MU if they left. I see no benefit of playing Iowa State. We could offer Texas a neutral site game at Arrowhead possibly :)

Doubt perkins will be around to do much scheduling by the time this happens.

so whats happens with the end of the year CU game?? still happens or does Iowa somehow slide in there or does it just stay the same.....

you know i'm bummed out about the whole thing... i mean you are used to one thing and something changes and well... i'm not really that good with dealing with change... but the big-10 match up all sound so fresh they sound awesome.. except maybe minnasota (then again we get to pumle cosgrove) northwestern, Indiana,

but like we've all said texas laid the seeds of this the day they demanded all their bullsh#t concessions.. they sowed their own seeds 14 year or so ago and now look at them... wonder how that Washington State game is gonna go for them... i heard its a long way to Pullman and plane tickets aren't getting cheaper.......

i don't feel sorry for any of the former big 8 stooges. they made their bed when they voted for the big 12 merger. Osborne warned them 14 years ago.. good luck with that.

yep...my friends and i talked about this about 3 years ago...we all thought how texas the state really had ruined the big 8...didn't think this would happen

One of these articles tonight talked about OU and OSU having talks with the SEC, and I believe that is where they may land. If that is the case, and the 4 super conference vision comes to fruition, who knows, we may be playing OU in a playoff game or National Championship game some day.

I hated when the Big 8 became the Big XII, solely because we lost our annual game with OU. I know OU is the one that didn't want to make rivalry clause in the scheduling...and I can't blame them with the teams that were in the South, but when that happened, tradition took a major hit for Nebraska and OU. Now, if the Big XII does desolve, I guess you will also lose your new rivalry with Texas... At least if you go to the SEC you will have a quality opponent in Arkansas to begin a new rivalry. It just won't have the history yet...but you can make that.

Good luck to Oklahoma in what ever happens to the Big XII. I will always love talking to someone from Oklahoma, we always looked to beat each other on the field, but had enough respect for each other that we could enjoy each others company.

Forgive my ignorance as I didn't have a vested interest in Nebraska during the days of the Big 8; but which was the bigger rivalry: NU v Oklahoma or Texas v Oklahoma?

For me, it was OU-NU because it decided the Big 8 championship. Texas...they are what they are. If we never played them again I wouldn't be sorry.

My family is from Oklahoma, but I grew up in Dallas. I've been to many OU-Texas games in my day, but quit going in 2004. It just became too much. Longhorn fans were shouting things at my wife and family...it just isn't worth it. It's not that it was any different than any other OU-Texas game. It's just that at some point, life takes on a different meaning and you just don't want to put up with that garbage. There's really no point in exposing your family to drunk jackasses. So, I just stopped going to the Texas games.

I miss dearly the old OU-NU rivalry. Win, lose, or draw the vast majority of the fans got along. Unfortunately, it was never even close with Texas fans. And, these days, too many young Sooner fans don't have enough respect for Nebraska and the rich history they brought to Oklahoma's program. I'm sorely disappointed at OU right now.

Like I said, I'm going to miss you guys. Being in conference and in games with you all always meant more to me than the Texas game. I'd sacrifice OU-Texas in the blink of an eye to get back what we had with OU-NU.