New conference name

On the other hand, what about the new western conference? I've already posted this else where but given the name of the thread....

This morning here in Austin, they were bandying about various names on one of the radio shows, when one of the hosts pointed out that since some of the teams were in the South....and some were in the far West....we should call it....The Southwest Conference!

And no, I'm not making this up.

I can't wait till we give you back to Mexico... <_<

:laughpound :laughpound :laughpound :laughpound :laughpound

On the other hand, what about the new western conference? I've already posted this else where but given the name of the thread....

This morning here in Austin, they were bandying about various names on one of the radio shows, when one of the hosts pointed out that since some of the teams were in the South....and some were in the far West....we should call it....The Southwest Conference!

There's the Cy we've all come to love :laughpound:laughpound:laughpound:laughpound:laughpound

There's the Cy we've all come to love :laughpound:laughpound:laughpound:laughpound:laughpound

And a fine representative of his institution he is.

Where's he from again? The University of Iowa? ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Ten_Conference

"The University of Chicago was a co-founder of the conference and still maintains affiliation through the Committee on Institutional Cooperation"

UoC is not a member of the B10, they are a member of the CiC and are affiliated with the Big Ten.

Read your own link.

"The Big Ten Conference is the United States' oldest Division I college athletic conference. Its eleven member institutions are located primarily in the Midwestern United States, stretching from Iowa and Minnesota in the west to Pennsylvania in the east. "

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Ten_Conference"The University of Chicago was a co-founder of the conference and still maintains affiliation through the Committee on Institutional Cooperation"

jaws

I read your link. Did you??? My first post was simply a joke. I really thought that was clear, so it really doesn't matter. But it does state clearly a former member with dates and all.

Former Member Location Founded Member of Big Ten Affiliation Undergrad Enrollment Nickname Varsity Teams NCAA Championships (as a member) Big Ten Championships

University of Chicago Chicago, Illinois 1890 1896-1946 Private/Non-sectarian 5,027 Maroons 19 1 73

The University of Chicago was a co-founder of the conference and still maintains affiliation through the Committee on Institutional Cooperation.