Isn't it funny just how last season

Well, it certainly can suck. Other than Ohio State last year, what has the Big 10 really proved to anyone? Penn St and Iowa both get decent records every year because they play the likes of Purdue, Indiana, Illinois, Northwestern, etc. week-in and week-out.

The only games that have really mattered lately have been between OSU, Iowa, and PSU. Granted, it won't always be like that, because it's fair to assume Michigan will turn their program around eventually. But still, it's been pretty top-heavy lately.

Nevertheless, in the long-run, no college football fan can say they don't love the thought of a conference (potentially) where Ohio St, Penn St, Michigan, Notre Dame, and Nebraska play each other every single year. That's just plain awesome.

• Fire 1

Well, it certainly can suck. Other than Ohio State last year, what has the Big 10 really proved to anyone? Penn St and Iowa both get decent records every year because they play the likes of Purdue, Indiana, Illinois, Northwestern, etc. week-in and week-out.

The only games that have really mattered lately have been between OSU, Iowa, and PSU. Granted, it won't always be like that, because it's fair to assume Michigan will turn their program around eventually. But still, it's been pretty top-heavy lately.

Nevertheless, in the long-run, no college football fan can say they don't love the thought of a conference (potentially) where Ohio St, Penn St, Michigan, Notre Dame, and Nebraska play each other every single year. That's just plain awesome.

Yeah every conference has times where one team dominates it. The ACC isn't that good and the Pac-10 has been pretty much USC and Oregon. Let's face it the Big 12 was turning into OU and TX. I just didn't think the Big Ten was that much different than the other conferences. Iowa won a BCS bowl last year.

although the big ten is overrated year in and year out, they have still been the clear cut third best conference (after the SEC and Big 12, and even the big 12 could be pretty weak) year in and year out. i just find it flattering that NU is being courted with such enthusiasm and will be the first domino to fall. i mean, a few years ago (under callahan and pederson) no one would have wanted us. i understand NU's tradition, and the program is well funded, but i always figured we were looked down on because we are in such a small market.

Our Bowl Record was pretty damn good last year (for those that put value into those things).

http://www.cleveland.com/buckeyeblog/index.ssf/2010/01/big_ten_celebrates_a_winning_b.html

The Big Ten beat No. 7, No. 9, No. 12 and No. 15 in the BCS standings. The Big Ten beat the ACC champ, Pac-10 champ, third-place SEC team and a Miami team viewed earlier in the season as a BCS contender.

The Big Ten lost to Auburn in overtime, Iowa State by a point and with a bunch of suspended Michigan State players to a Texas Tech team which had fired its coach. The league can live with those losses.

The four games that mattered most, the Big Ten's four best teams won.

I will have to eat some crow on this one. I'm not suer if I posted it or not, but I sure said it. I will admit I felt that way all through the year, but for somer reason around December 6th 2009 my mind suddenly changed.

Would that have been that one second added to the game, OOPS, I mean the last second of the game. :LOLtartar

I live in Mi. and have always hated not being able to see the Huskers as often as I like. Now my family is going to be moving back to the great state of Nebraska and the Huskers are moving into the Big 10 :wacko: ! I might even have to come up with a new name for myself. And yes, I have thought the Big 10 was over rated for some time so how ironic is this.

If the Big Ten was top-heavy, what did that make the Big 12? The Big Ten has a great pool of competitive teams, and even the lesser ones are still fun (Northwestern!) every so often.

The Big 12 has been completely top heavy the last five years. I think 2008 was a decent season with TTech, Okie State, and Mizzou showing life as well as 2007 with Kansas having only one loss. But really it's just been OU, UT, and third team du jour be it Nebraska, Colorado, Kansas State, Texas A&M or Missouri.

I like most of the Big 10 teams especially Northwestern. They've played some really sweet games lately.

I have always been a Michigan hater, since we had to share that NC with them that one year...but I have to tell you, I am really starting to hate the Big XII more than I ever thought I could. The politics that Texas has brought to it just turns my stomach...along with their attitude. I for one would feel better if we played in the MAC than stay where we are under the likes of Beebe. Going to the Big 10 will boost us financially and academically. The only concern I have is with recruiting, since we do recruit Texas so heavily...but I am sure that will work itself out.

Can't that be said for almost every conference? "The only game that have mattered lately have been between <insert top 3 teams>?"

What games have mattered lately outside of Texas, Oklahoma, and ... er ... uh ... Nebraska?