Nebraska Success in the Big Whatever it will be called

ADS

I have been telling myself since this whole reallignment thing started that we could hang with the big boys of the big 10 (OSU, Penn State, Wisc) but something makes me feel as though Nebraska might struggle in this new conference. What do you guys think? Will we do great? Will struggle for a little bit? Maybe I need a tall, cool glass of kool-aid.

We'd do well wherever we went. It might take a little adjusting, but NU football will always end up doing well. It has to, believe me, for the U to survive. Those in power at the U know this very well. And while the move to the Big 10 will benefit the U as a whole, football must (and will) continue to do well for the U to survive as is in Nebraska.

We'd do well wherever we went. It might take a little adjusting, but NU football will always end up doing well. It has to, believe me, for the U to survive. Those in power at the U know this very well. And while the move to the Big 10 will benefit the U as a whole, football must (and will) continue to do well for the U to survive as is in Nebraska.

Are you talking about Miami or UNL? I have not been around here that much so I don't know if this is common but I have never heard anyone in Nebraksa call UNL "the U".

I think we will have success. The conference will be deep enough so no one will be able to make the "weak conference or division" excuse. But I think the league will still be winnable. 5-6 years from now, the conference likely will be fought to the finish by NU and Ohio State a majority of the time, with Penn State a likely regular, too. It'll only be a matter of time before Michigan gets back to competing on a high level, but I see NU as a serious contender by then. Wisconsin and Iowa will probably pop up quite often too.

Are you talking about Miami or UNL? I have not been around here that much so I don't know if this is common but I have never heard anyone in Nebraksa call UNL "the U".

Um, yeah.

Um, yeah.

I'm with you Jaws. I am a 30-year-old born and raised Nebraskan. Never heard it called "The U" before. I even spent 5 years living in Lincoln.

I didn't call it "The U". Universities are referred to as "U" for short if it's obvious what you're talking about. There is one "real" university in Nebraska. Not only that, this is a board about the football team from the university. If it's not clear then I have no idea what else I can say, lol.