Does the B12 have to die?

If NU and CU are the only 2 to go, does Texas try and keep the Big 12 together? Is it just assumed that they all go to the PAC 10?

Someone else mentioned adding TCU and Houston, Moving OU and OSU to the north. There would then be an all Texass division.

Also, think about how much power the Whorns could wield over the leftover B12- "Do what we say, remember how we rescued you from having to join a non-BCS conference?!"

yes...its already dead dude. Its been on life support for 6 months, and now that colorado bolting is official...once nebraska becomes official its gonna turn into the wild west. Its leaked that oklahoma has had talks with the sec...texas with the big ten and pac ten and your sister...etc...

My feeling is that Texas entertaining the idea of a super pac 10 was all a show to guilt Nebraska, Colorado and / or Missouri into not leaving. Obviously that didn't work with Colorado already packing and our departure imminent.

The big 12 isn't going to fall apart overnight for a few reasons. First, and correct me if I'm wrong here, the conference will not be immediately stripped of its automatic BCS bid. Even without us it's still a far better football conference than the big east which still has theirs. That bid is a big deal and a carrot the conference can dangle to draw in replacements. Second is basketball. I hate to even mention it but if the big 12 does have many great basketball programs and it would be the biggest joke in the history of NCAA athletics if Kansas gets stuck in the valley or mountain west due to the big 12 falling apart. Third, Colorado is already headed to the pac 10 which makes a move of all 4 Texas schools + both Oklahoma schools to the pac 10 impossible. The politics of leaving Baylor behind would be a major sticking point. I've also heard nothing about how Oklahoma feels about a potential pac 10 move and frankly the thought of OSU in the pac 10 doesn't seem right from an academic perspective either.

The big east survived the last major realignment and the big 12 will survive this one.

My feeling is that Texas entertaining the idea of a super pac 10 was all a show to guilt Nebraska, Colorado and / or Missouri into not leaving. Obviously that didn't work with Colorado already packing and our departure imminent.

The big 12 isn't going to fall apart overnight for a few reasons. First, and correct me if I'm wrong here, the conference will not be immediately stripped of its automatic BCS bid. Even without us it's still a far better football conference than the big east which still has theirs. That bid is a big deal and a carrot the conference can dangle to draw in replacements. Second is basketball. I hate to even mention it but if the big 12 does have many great basketball programs and it would be the biggest joke in the history of NCAA athletics if Kansas gets stuck in the valley or mountain west due to the big 12 falling apart. Third, Colorado is already headed to the pac 10 which makes a move of all 4 Texas schools + both Oklahoma schools to the pac 10 impossible. The politics of leaving Baylor behind would be a major sticking point. I've also heard nothing about how Oklahoma feels about a potential pac 10 move and frankly the thought of OSU in the pac 10 doesn't seem right from an academic perspective either.

The big east survived the last major realignment and the big 12 will survive this one.

well said

I can definitely see other schools going into panic mode and trying to jump ship.

But, IMO moving the Oklahoma's North, and adding a Houston/TCU sounds like it could work.

But also, Texas isn't going to allow its guaranteed yearly red river rivalry with OK to go away. And they aren't getting any new TV markets by adding other Texas schools. If anything they lost Denver and the National Nebraska following.

I guess it now all depends on whether Texas and to a lesser extent Oklahoma want the Big 12 to keep going. It is still viable without us and CO. Whether anyone in the current Big 12 cares is another question entirely.

Big 12 is definitely going to survive. Here is what it could look like per orangebloods:

North Division

Kansas

Kansas State

Iowa State

Missouri

Northwest Missouri State

Pittsburg State

South Division

Baylor

West Texas A&M

Abilene Christian

Sam Houston State

Stephen F. Austin

Wayland Baptist

And now with Okie St going to the Pac 10 and Texas A&M is heading the the SEC, looks like B12 is a done deal. :)

IF oSu and aTm are splitting from their big bros, (thought they were joined by their rear er hips with OU and UTerus) maybe the PACage deal isn't going to happen. Big (X + n) still would like to have UTerus

it may survive but it will be bumped down to non BCS status very quickly with the alignment listed above.

North Division

Kansas

Kansas State

Iowa State

Missouri

Northwest Missouri State

Pittsburg State

South Division

Baylor

West Texas A&M

Abilene Christian

Sam Houston State

Stephen F. Austin

Wayland Baptist

The big east has survived on the backs of its tradition rich programs ( West Virginia, Pitt) and those who filled the void (Cincinnati, Rutgers, and south Florida).

In the realignment there are no really storied programs there with national titles in football.

I give this conference a 20-30% chance of survival and that is a a very positive assessment.

it may survive but it will be bumped down to non BCS status very quickly with the alignment listed above.

North Division

Kansas

Kansas State

Iowa State

Missouri

Northwest Missouri State

Pittsburg State

South Division

Baylor

West Texas A&M

Abilene Christian

Sam Houston State

Stephen F. Austin

Wayland Baptist

The big east has survived on the backs of its tradition rich programs ( West Virginia, Pitt) and those who filled the void (Cincinnati, Rutgers, and south Florida).

In the realignment there are no really storied programs there with national titles in football.

I give this conference a 20-30% chance of survival and that is a a very positive assessment.

This has to be the most wacko thing I have read to date. I hope to god you are just playing.....if not......i feel very sorry for you and your future.