Tiggerboard.....full meltdown mode!!!

The Iowa markets are tricky. it is my understanding that there are more NE fans that ISU fans and more IA fans that all others. But in the attempt to be completetly fair ,I dont know who carries what cities there (safe assumption is that IA carries all) I listed all of them.

I would be blown away if MU was left in the cold. As far as being kicked out of the big12, that just seems stupid. Outside of the MO govn. nobody has said anything other than "we are proud members of the big12 & we will do whats best for MU". Not one person from MU has said anything that hasnt been repeated by 20 other schools.

And as Knappy said, it would be just stupid to do so. Below are the 2010 rankings for media markets (I stopped at the top 150) The big 12 did have 21 of the top 150, they now have 17. Denver is the only major loss (in the top 75 markets) Omaha and Colorado springs are gone for markets under the top 100. Out of the 17 that are left 5 are tied to MU, including 3 of the remaining 9 top 75. So nearly 1/3 of total markets and 1/3 of their top markets belong to 1 of the 10 schools.

Add in the value of MU to the North now that NE is reportedly gone. The staduim, the revunue, the ticket sales, the overall compitive programs, Without NE, MU's value just jumped if the big12 stays. they are better than every other north program and 1/2 the south.

Big12 Media Markets

#5 Dallas/Ft. Worth - Texas schools

#10 Houston - Texas schools

#16 Denver - Colorado

#21 St. Louis - Missouri

#32 Kansas City - Missouri

#37 San Antonio - Texas Schools

#45 Oklahoma City - OK schools

#48 Austin - Texas schools

#69 Witchita/Hutch - Kansas schools

#72 Des Moines/Ames - Iowa St

#74 Springfield MO - Missouri

#76 Omaha - Nebraksa

#78 Cedar Rapids - ISU

#92 Colorado Springs - CU

#99 Davenport - ISU

#105 Lincoln - Nebraska

#136 Topeka - Kansas schools

#137 Columbia - Missouri

#143 Lubbock - Texas schools

#147 Joplin - Missouri

#148 Souix City - ISU

Growing up in the area, I would cross out #148 as well. Nobody in Sioux City gives 2 sh#ts about ISU. It is either Iowa or Nebraska in that city.

beat me to it...still live here and its all nebraska or iowa...if you uncover a big enough rock you might find an isu fan scurry about

On ESPN last night, they reported that if the Big 12 were to survive that it's quite possible that Mizzou gets voted out of the conference because of all the friction they've created. I don't think it matters because I think the Big 12 is dead, but this would really be sticking the knife in and turning it if Mizzou is voted out of the conference.

Never going to happen. If the Big 12 survives they'll need the KC and St. Louis markets to renegotiate their TV contract. They've already lost Omaha and Denver, and if they don't join the Pac-1? the Missouri TV markets are all they'll have left outside of Texas.

True. Mizzou will not get kicked out but they won't get much love. If they thought they had it so bad in the past, the past will seem like Glory Days compared to the future.

I would be blown away if MU was left in the cold. As far as being kicked out of the big12, that just seems stupid. Outside of the MO govn. nobody has said anything other than "we are proud members of the big12 & we will do whats best for MU". Not one person from MU has said anything that hasnt been repeated by 20 other schools.

And as Knappy said, it would be just stupid to do so. Below are the 2010 rankings for media markets (I stopped at the top 150) The big 12 did have 21 of the top 150, they now have 17. Denver is the only major loss (in the top 75 markets) Omaha and Colorado springs are gone for markets under the top 100. Out of the 17 that are left 5 are tied to MU, including 3 of the remaining 9 top 75. So nearly 1/3 of total markets and 1/3 of their top markets belong to 1 of the 10 schools.

Add in the value of MU to the North now that NE is reportedly gone. The staduim, the revunue, the ticket sales, the overall compitive programs, Without NE, MU's value just jumped if the big12 stays. they are better than every other north program and 1/2 the south.

Big12 Media Markets

#16 Denver - Colorado

#21 St. Louis - Missouri

#76 Omaha - Nebraksa

#78 Cedar Rapids - ISU

#99 Davenport - ISU

#105 Lincoln - Nebraska

#137 Columbia - Missouri

#147 Joplin - Missouri

#148 Souix City - ISU

Growing up in the area, I would cross out #148 as well. Nobody in Sioux City gives 2 sh#ts about ISU. It is either Iowa or Nebraska in that city.

beat me to it...still live here and its all nebraska or iowa...if you uncover a big enough rock you might find an isu fan scurry about

:rollin

The Iowa markets are tricky. it is my understanding that there are more NE fans that ISU fans and more IA fans that all others. But in the attempt to be completetly fair ,I dont know who carries what cities there (safe assumption is that IA carries all) I listed all of them.

my parents live here in the broadcasting area for sioux city and when the tech game last year was on abc regional coverage, they got the iowa game on abc regional coverage because it was at the same time...they were super pissed...just goes to show that iowa is in control of iowa networks...then come nebraska and isu

Big12 Media Markets

#16 Denver - Colorado

#21 St. Louis - Missouri

#76 Omaha - Nebraksa

#78 Cedar Rapids - ISU

#99 Davenport - ISU

#105 Lincoln - Nebraska

#137 Columbia - Missouri

#147 Joplin - Missouri

#148 Souix City - ISU

A good chunk of Springfield despises MU for trying to hold Missouri State back at every turn. Missouri has never got much production out of Springfield as far as talent, NU had Steve Warren and Jared Helming (not a star, obviously). I meet more Nebraska fans here in Springfield than real Missouri fans, same with Joplin. Joplin has a NU base after the Wistrom's came out of nearby Jeff City.

Just got a hilarious e-mail from a friend who's a die-hard MU fan, here's a quote:

> Good thing the Horncuskers play UT, MU, and CO at home this fall because

> after the job that Osborne and Perleman did on those three today at the

> press conference, I think they will never again safely visit Austin,

> Columbia, or Boulder. This was the worst display of manners, on the

> conference level, that I have seen --ever.

I'm sure, had MU been offered, his tone would have been much different haha

Just got a hilarious e-mail from a friend who's a die-hard MU fan, here's a quote:

> Good thing the Horncuskers play UT, MU, and CO at home this fall because

> after the job that Osborne and Perleman did on those three today at the

> press conference, I think they will never again safely visit Austin,

> Columbia, or Boulder. This was the worst display of manners, on the

> conference level, that I have seen --ever.

I'm sure, had MU been offered, his tone would have been much different haha

Sounds like a textbook definition of butthurt.

Big12 Media Markets

#16 Denver - Colorado

#21 St. Louis - Missouri

#76 Omaha - Nebraksa

#78 Cedar Rapids - ISU

#99 Davenport - ISU

#105 Lincoln - Nebraska

#137 Columbia - Missouri

#147 Joplin - Missouri

#148 Souix City - ISU

Not trying to be a jerk, but KC is a KU town. At least half, but I wuld suspect slightly more than that. Lawrence is half an hour away...

Texas looks to be a bailin' regardless, so all this talk of saving the conference is BS... Hope we end up both in a good conference and together so we can continue our helathy dislike of one another's sports teams...

#148 should be sioux city lol

Well as far as fan base is concerned here, its pretty split among 3 schools, Iowa, Iowa State, and Nebraska. South sioux city, is about 90% husker fans, From seeing what I see every day, Nebraska seems to have a slight edge over iowa in terms of fans around here, with ISU just a bit behind, because most kids from the area here end up at iowa state.