Tiggerboard.....full meltdown mode!!!

A good chunk of Springfield despises MU for trying to hold Missouri State back at every turn. Missouri has never got much production out of Springfield as far as talent, NU had Steve Warren and Jared Helming (not a star, obviously). I meet more Nebraska fans here in Springfield than real Missouri fans, same with Joplin. Joplin has a NU base after the Wistrom's came out of nearby Jeff City.

Not to be a jerk, but I'm pretty sure the Wistroms are from Webb City Mo.

Forget their message board, I've been listening to their radio station online "810"..

Man, they are just angry at us. Every caller is just ranting and crying, ranting and crying..

It's lovely really.

My Gosh....those...and mean "that" is lovely!!

Forget their message board, I've been listening to their radio station online "810"..

Man, they are just angry at us. Every caller is just ranting and crying, ranting and crying..

It's lovely really.

Keep your eyes off the twins mister!! :box

It's hard not to. They fill up my whole damn screen. :blink:

I would be blown away if MU was left in the cold. As far as being kicked out of the big12, that just seems stupid. Outside of the MO govn. nobody has said anything other than "we are proud members of the big12 & we will do whats best for MU". Not one person from MU has said anything that hasnt been repeated by 20 other schools.

And as Knappy said, it would be just stupid to do so. Below are the 2010 rankings for media markets (I stopped at the top 150) The big 12 did have 21 of the top 150, they now have 17. Denver is the only major loss (in the top 75 markets) Omaha and Colorado springs are gone for markets under the top 100. Out of the 17 that are left 5 are tied to MU, including 3 of the remaining 9 top 75.

Big12 Media Markets

#5 Dallas/Ft. Worth - Texas schools

#10 Houston - Texas schools

#16 Denver - Colorado

#21 St. Louis - Missouri

#32 Kansas City - Missouri

#37 San Antonio - Texas Schools

#45 Oklahoma City - OK schools

#48 Austin - Texas schools

#69 Witchita/Hutch - Kansas schools

#72 Des Moines/Ames - Iowa St

#74 Springfield MO - Missouri

#76 Omaha - Nebraksa

#78 Cedar Rapids - ISU

#92 Colorado Springs - CU

#99 Davenport - ISU

#105 Lincoln - Nebraska

#136 Topeka - Kansas schools

#137 Columbia - Missouri

#143 Lubbock - Texas schools

#147 Joplin - Missouri

#148 Souix City - ISU

Hey fro, what's the latest you're hearing? I noticed Dave Matter hinted that he's hearing Rutgers will get the next invite? Needless to say, I still think Mizzou will get an invite eventually. I could be wrong, but something tells me Delany is going after "hard to get" pieces at the moment aka ND. Once he snags Rutgers, the Big East is at risk. My guess is once ND commits to the Big Ten, Mizzou will be the last to be invited. I could be way off, so take my speculation with a grain of salt.

i am hearing a whole gaggle of stuff. I have heard if the big10 goes 16 we are in. 14 we are out. I have heard SEC and BIG East Rumors. There is now a PAC10 Rumor. There are talks of the big12 staying together with Texas and OU. I have a hard time believing given the things MU brings they get stuck outside. But the I also know that MU is the nice looking girl who has some really cute friends. The big boys will hit on the pretty, hard to get ones, before going home with MU at last call. IT is what it is. We are good enough to take home, but not big enough to make that huge spash.

I believe you are correct in that a team from the Big East is next. I think the Big 10 is going to force ND to make a decision and raiding the Big East is next on the agenda to force them out of their comfort zone. I think the team is either Rutgers or Syracuse.

It's lovely really.

If you don't want us staring don't post...... :: drooling :: ....... what did you say?

I would be blown away if MU was left in the cold. As far as being kicked out of the big12, that just seems stupid. Outside of the MO govn. nobody has said anything other than "we are proud members of the big12 & we will do whats best for MU". Not one person from MU has said anything that hasnt been repeated by 20 other schools.

And as Knappy said, it would be just stupid to do so. Below are the 2010 rankings for media markets (I stopped at the top 150) The big 12 did have 21 of the top 150, they now have 17. Denver is the only major loss (in the top 75 markets) Omaha and Colorado springs are gone for markets under the top 100. Out of the 17 that are left 5 are tied to MU, including 3 of the remaining 9 top 75. So nearly 1/3 of total markets and 1/3 of their top markets belong to 1 of the 10 schools.

Add in the value of MU to the North now that NE is reportedly gone. The staduim, the revunue, the ticket sales, the overall compitive programs, Without NE, MU's value just jumped if the big12 stays. they are better than every other north program and 1/2 the south.

Big12 Media Markets

#16 Denver - Colorado

#21 St. Louis - Missouri

#76 Omaha - Nebraksa

#78 Cedar Rapids - ISU

#99 Davenport - ISU

#105 Lincoln - Nebraska

#137 Columbia - Missouri

#147 Joplin - Missouri

#148 Souix City - ISU

Not calling you a liar, but where did these #'s come from? I have a hard time believing that Omaha is a smaller market than Wichita, Des Moines, or Springfield, and is barely larger than Cedar Rapids. I've been to all and I have a hard time believing these numbers.

It's lovely really.

is it bad that i keep coming back too this topic just too see those?

And as Knappy said, it would be just stupid to do so. Below are the 2010 rankings for media markets (I stopped at the top 150) The big 12 did have 21 of the top 150, they now have 17. Denver is the only major loss (in the top 75 markets) Omaha and Colorado springs are gone for markets under the top 100. Out of the 17 that are left 5 are tied to MU, including 3 of the remaining 9 top 75. So nearly 1/3 of total markets and 1/3 of their top markets belong to 1 of the 10 schools.

Add in the value of MU to the North now that NE is reportedly gone. The staduim, the revunue, the ticket sales, the overall compitive programs, Without NE, MU's value just jumped if the big12 stays. they are better than every other north program and 1/2 the south.

Big12 Media Markets

#16 Denver - Colorado

#21 St. Louis - Missouri

#76 Omaha - Nebraksa

#78 Cedar Rapids - ISU

#99 Davenport - ISU

#105 Lincoln - Nebraska

#137 Columbia - Missouri

#147 Joplin - Missouri

#148 Souix City - ISU

Not calling you a liar, but where did these #'s come from? I have a hard time believing that Omaha is a smaller market than Wichita, Des Moines, or Springfield, and is barely larger than Cedar Rapids. I've been to all and I have a hard time believing these numbers.

Well I am glad your not calling me a liar..... They came from the 2009/2010 Nielsen Market Rankings. I can assure you they are 100% correct and accurate. Unlike others who have written and posted numbers in actual newspapers, i will gladly provide my numbers and sources... (i can also provide the dirrect link from Nielsen if you would like)

linky linky

It's lovely really.

The twins are spectacular. More of the twins would be greatly appreciated.

Big12 Media Markets

#16 Denver - Colorado

#21 St. Louis - Missouri

#76 Omaha - Nebraksa

#78 Cedar Rapids - ISU

#99 Davenport - ISU

#105 Lincoln - Nebraska

#137 Columbia - Missouri

#147 Joplin - Missouri

#148 Souix City - ISU

Well I am glad your not calling me a liar..... They came from the 2009/2010 Nielsen Market Rankings. I can assure you they are 100% correct and accurate. Unlike others who have written and posted numbers in actual newspapers, i will gladly provide my numbers and sources... (i can also provide the dirrect link from Nielsen if you would like)

linky linky

You da man, Fro Daddy....thanks for the follow up, I was wondering where those numbers come from too.

Big12 Media Markets

#16 Denver - Colorado

#21 St. Louis - Missouri

#76 Omaha - Nebraksa

#78 Cedar Rapids - ISU

#99 Davenport - ISU

#105 Lincoln - Nebraska

#137 Columbia - Missouri

#147 Joplin - Missouri

#148 Souix City - ISU

linky linky

You da man, Fro Daddy....thanks for the follow up, I was wondering where those numbers come from too.

no problem. I am a numbers guy. And serious enough to know that if i dont bring it i will get eaten up by the serious husker fans. :lol:

Big12 Media Markets

#16 Denver - Colorado

#21 St. Louis - Missouri

#76 Omaha - Nebraksa

#78 Cedar Rapids - ISU

#99 Davenport - ISU

#105 Lincoln - Nebraska

#137 Columbia - Missouri

#147 Joplin - Missouri

#148 Souix City - ISU

linky linky

no problem. I am a numbers guy. And serious enough to know that if i dont bring it i will get eaten up by the serious husker fans. :lol:

:facepalm: and God, I hate when that happens and you don't know where you got those numbers or facts. I have learned that you better have them ready to roll out for sure.