is mizzou in deep sh#t?

That is the EXACT same thing I have been thinking since all of this news about Mizzou not hearing from the big ten broke. Mizzou not going to the big ten and getting left behind could be one of the best things that could happen to us. Every year they have at least 3-4 four star recruits and many other quality three stars.

Missouri will not be left behind in the end, imho. Their t.v. market is better than ours, but it's not a world beater. I'm sure the Big 10 would still like to dip it's fingers in there.

I think the Big 10 chose Nebraska simply because we could get the ball rolling. You can't make Notre Dame question it's independence by just adding Missouri. But, you can make Notre Dame a little worried by adding Nebraska.

I've always had questions about the Missouri football market. Why else would it be that they're getting jobbed in bowl selection?

Bowl games care more about live attendance than TV audience, or so I would think. The TV money is set by contract. They want tickets sold, hotel rooms filled, and restaurants and shops visited.

Missouri will not be left behind in the end, imho. Their t.v. market is better than ours, but it's not a world beater. I'm sure the Big 10 would still like to dip it's fingers in there.

I think the Big 10 chose Nebraska simply because we could get the ball rolling. You can't make Notre Dame question it's independence by just adding Missouri. But, you can make Notre Dame a little worried by adding Nebraska.

the bold is not true.

the bold is not true.

Actually it is. MO has more TVs than NE. Ratings-wise, NU wins that battle.

the bold is not true.

size of the state has nothing to do with overall tv market. if Missouri had the better tv market then they would be in the big10 right now while we would be in their position and that is a fact.

the bold is not true.

size of the state has nothing to do with overall tv market. if Missouri had the better tv market then they would be in the big10 right now while we would be in their position and that is a fact.

Fro daddy tried to explain it like if you are in the BTN footprint they get something like 80 cents and outside is like 5 - 10 cents. The fallacy in his argument is he assumed that the BTN would be on a basic cable tier in the home state so every TV counts (this might happen, I don't know). Here in KC we get the BTN (I was surprised - I thought I was going to need to buy a dish) BUT it is up in the 250s channel range and I have to actually PURCHASE that package. So even with more TVs, Missouri could make less money in the current situation.

A report on espn said that the mounatin west is now eyeing both KU and Mizzou, but no Baylor. Suprising

Or Iowa state.

Hahahahahaha serves em right!

Also don't forget the big10 may pick up ku as a balancing act instead of Missouri, mostly because of their basketball team, and don't forget they have the kc market