Nebraska-Wisconsin

We'll show them who has the better nearly-identical jerseys!

Yeah seriously. They are remarkably similar to ours. We also have to deal with Northwestern, who has N's on the sides of their helmets and who also thinks they are NU.

We'll show 'em. ;)

We are UNL and Northwestern is an academic think tank.

T_O_B

Read on the Unsportsmanlike Conduct facebook post that Bret Bielema has suggested to the BigTen that Nebraska-Wisconsin be a end of the year showdown and be a traveling trophy game.

Its nice already getting love from the BigTen schools.

http://www.facebook....smanlikeconduct

Barry Alvarez was instrumental (an educated guess) in the move for Nebraska. Both as an example and with his influence.

IMHO, Wisconsin is in the running to be The Rival. Like a long lost brother? Same style, same colors, etc.

I am hoping for an NU-OU type of rivaly. Think it could happen?

Plus Madison is a great town.

Read on the Unsportsmanlike Conduct facebook post that Bret Bielema has suggested to the BigTen that Nebraska-Wisconsin be a end of the year showdown and be a traveling trophy game.

Barry Alvarez was instrumental (an educated guess) in the move for Nebraska. Both as an example and with his influence.

IMHO, Wisconsin is in the running to be The Rival. Like a long lost brother? Same style, same colors, etc.

I am hoping for an NU-OU type of rivaly. Think it could happen?

Plus Madison is a great town.

i hope so but i'm not holding my breath

I honestly think you guys would be a better rival for Iowa. UW's big rival is Minnesota, though we do count Iowa as our other rival.

That said, I think a Nebraska-Wisconsin rivalry (like one of our protected games) would be awesome. We obviously have to thank you for Barry, though I'm not sure who he'd cheer for on gameday. At least he wouldn't have a hard time deciding what color to wear. A lot of people speculated that the reason our jerseys went from true cardinal red to a brighter red was because of Barry's background at Nebraska. The jerseys have darkened in color a bit again since Bielema became our head coach.

Just an FYI, Wisconsin plays a pro-style offense. We like our offensive linemen big and we line our running backs strong. We also love using the tight end. Nothing fancy or surprising, mostly just good old-fashioned three yards and a cloud of dust football.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/unsportsmanlikeconduct

i've been saying this could be one of our rivalry trophies from the beginning. And it may or may not be one but i personally think it would be a really good rivalry game no matter what week slot it got.

I honestly think you guys would be a better rival for Iowa. UW's big rival is Minnesota, though we do count Iowa as our other rival.

That said, I think a Nebraska-Wisconsin rivalry (like one of our protected games) would be awesome. We obviously have to thank you for Barry, though I'm not sure who he'd cheer for on gameday. At least he wouldn't have a hard time deciding what color to wear. A lot of people speculated that the reason our jerseys went from true cardinal red to a brighter red was because of Barry's background at Nebraska. The jerseys have darkened in color a bit again since Bielema became our head coach.

Just an FYI, Wisconsin plays a pro-style offense. We like our offensive linemen big and we line our running backs strong. We also love using the tight end. Nothing fancy or surprising, mostly just good old-fashioned three yards and a cloud of dust football.

Really? You think we've already forgotten the last time we played Wisconsin? dedhoarse

Iowa has also come out and made a play to end the season playing Nebraska, though I don't think they were as enthusiastic about it. I am just thrilled to death to finally get rid of Colorado...

We'll show them who has the better nearly-identical jerseys!

I always got them confused when I was a little kid. :)

I still can from time to time, if I just glance at a highlight. Besides the helmets (barely) and placement of the Adidas logo, there are essentially zero differences.