i felt bad for ISU in all of this until i read this thread.

Not clear as to why many of you have this bleeding heart towards ISU, KU, and KSU. They did this to themselves. End of story. They blindly followed the direction of Texas and ignored what TO tried to do since the inception of the Big 12.

They were tired of NU ruling the show when the Big 12 merged with the defunct SWC, they cast their allegiance to the whims of the South Division, which in the end sealed their fate.

• Fire 1

iowa st. would be better suited in the MAC, then they would be more competitive. they will never be a relevant football team, and that is just the way it is, we shouldn't feel bad, nor should they. they were lucky to be apart of the big 12, they had a good run, and they were a drag the entire time. conferences aren't charities and they need to figure that out.

Spending time on the Cyclone board...they seem like such a polarized fanbase. It's like most of them are normal and respectful, but then there's a good chunk who just can't stand Nebraska.

Seriously though, I guess it's nice for them to have reasons to get riled up and everything, but come on, you're IOWA FREAKING STATE.

Spending time on the Cyclone board...they seem like such a polarized fanbase. It's like most of them are normal and respectful, but then there's a good chunk who just can't stand Nebraska.

Seriously though, I guess it's nice for them to have reasons to get riled up and everything, but come on, you're IOWA FREAKING STATE.

i don't get why they would hate nebraska. i always like isu, rooted for them as the underdogs and a lot of nebraskans go there to play. funny thing is every Iowan and Iowa fan i know thinks isu is just garbage, and ames is trash. isu should save their hatred for those who hate them.

I love how these schools like ISU, KSU, Kansas and Baylor get so ticked off about us leaving. For years, they looked out for what they thought were their own best interests by siding with a school which shall not be named.

But now that we look out for our own interests, they get all pi**y. It's literally priceless.

Schools like ISU, KSU and Baylor had no business in this conference to begin with. I mean even Baylor - if you go back, the B12 had the decision of taking Baylor or TCU. Bet we wish we could do that over.

They had it good, were in a BCS conference, which they didn't deserve to be, and now they are going to be put back in their respective places in the collegiate world.

At least they may be able to enjoy seeing our old buddy Solich again regularly.

Yes, I'm mean. :)

• Fire 1

I love how these schools like ISU, KSU, Kansas and Baylor get so ticked off about us leaving. For years, they looked out for what they thought were their own best interests by siding with a school which shall not be named.

But now that we look out for our own interests, they get all pi**y. It's literally priceless.

Schools like ISU, KSU and Baylor had no business in this conference to begin with. I mean even Baylor - if you go back, the B12 had the decision of taking Baylor or TCU. Bet we wish we could do that over.

They had it good, were in a BCS conference, which they didn't deserve to be, and now they are going to be put back in their respective places in the collegiate world.

At least they may be able to enjoy seeing our old buddy Solich again regularly.

Yes, I'm mean. :)

not mean when its the truth.

CMon, this was not even that bad... Here are some in the thread, and this is their bitter raction thread at that...

Re: How are you going to treat Husker fans?

*** The same way I treat fans of every other school. With respect, because I'm a god damned adult.

*** I'm more angry with Mizzou actually. The NU administration always griping about the B12 didn't bother me. It just meant they were no longer the 900 lb gorilla in the conference.

*** QFT. Can't believe how horrible some of the posters are on CF including the OP. Terrible, horrible. Gary. (chiding the few negative posters)

*** I've tried, but I can't improve on this post. Perfectly said. (Again, agreeing with treating them with respect)

I have the same experience on here at times. A few people without class say dumb things, then the more mature fans tell the loud mouths to shut it. I think the Iowa State fans are mostly great. Everyone has a few jerks, but I have had great experiences with those folks...

CMon, this was not even that bad... Here are some in the thread, and this is their bitter raction thread at that...

*** The same way I treat fans of every other school. With respect, because I'm a god damned adult.

*** I'm more angry with Mizzou actually. The NU administration always griping about the B12 didn't bother me. It just meant they were no longer the 900 lb gorilla in the conference.

*** QFT. Can't believe how horrible some of the posters are on CF including the OP. Terrible, horrible. Gary. (chiding the few negative posters)

*** I've tried, but I can't improve on this post. Perfectly said. (Again, agreeing with treating them with respect)

I have the same experience on here at times. A few people without class say dumb things, then the more mature fans tell the loud mouths to shut it. I think the Iowa State fans are mostly great. Everyone has a few jerks, but I have had great experiences with those folks...

Honestly...the only good interaction I have ever had with Big 12 North fans was with KU. Everyone else act like they were raised wrong.

I agree - it isn't like the longwhorn message boards - shesh.