i felt bad for ISU in all of this until i read this thread.

CMon, this was not even that bad... Here are some in the thread, and this is their bitter raction thread at that...

Re: How are you going to treat Husker fans?

*** The same way I treat fans of every other school. With respect, because I'm a god damned adult.

*** I'm more angry with Mizzou actually. The NU administration always griping about the B12 didn't bother me. It just meant they were no longer the 900 lb gorilla in the conference.

*** QFT. Can't believe how horrible some of the posters are on CF including the OP. Terrible, horrible. Gary. (chiding the few negative posters)

*** I've tried, but I can't improve on this post. Perfectly said. (Again, agreeing with treating them with respect)

I have the same experience on here at times. A few people without class say dumb things, then the more mature fans tell the loud mouths to shut it. I think the Iowa State fans are mostly great. Everyone has a few jerks, but I have had great experiences with those folks...

Good post JHawk. I feel for nyour new Head Football couch and for Bill Self and your BB program. Hope things work out. We are looking at what we hope is a bright Texas-less future. But for you guys it absolutely stinks.

T_O_B

:cheers

A lot of news out today saying we may get a Pac 10 spot. One small issue, no one but the Buffs from the old North would be with us. Do I understnad why we would take it? Yeah. Do I like not having our rivals? No. IF offered, what else can we do, not knowing if something else good is an option? We are damned if we do, damned if we don't... And we don't have an offer yet. Some people think A&M is just posturing about hte SEC, so we may not have an option, and then we are damned :)

I read that whole thread, and it wasn't totally bad. There are idiots in every fanbase, and there are people who try to straighten the idiots out. In that thread, there were many other mature responses that tried to reason with the idiot posts.

These other schools only have themselves to blame for their inaction. It's unfortunate that something that benefits us so greatly has to harm them.. but change isn't always bad. ISU in the MAC or MWC would be a better fit.

I read that whole thread, and it wasn't totally bad. There are idiots in every fanbase, and there are people who try to straighten the idiots out. In that thread, there were many other mature responses that tried to reason with the idiot posts.

These other schools only have themselves to blame for their inaction. It's unfortunate that something that benefits us so greatly has to harm them.. but change isn't always bad. ISU in the MAC or MWC would be a better fit.

we would mostly be pretty pissed too and you know i'm sure a few of us on here (myself included) would say some harsh things out of anger fear and uncertaintiy.....

These other schools only have themselves to blame for their inaction.

:yeah

A lot of news out today saying we may get a Pac 10 spot. One small issue, no one but the Buffs from the old North would be with us. Do I understnad why we would take it? Yeah. DO I like not having our rivals? No. IF offered, what else can we do, not knowing if something else good is an option? We are damned if we do, damned if we don't... ANd we don't have an offer yet. SOme people think A&M is just posturing about hte SEC, so we may not have an option, and then we are damned :)

KU should jump with both feet for a Pac 10 invite. This whole game of musical chairs is going fast and hard, and you sure as hell don't want to end up screwed like Baylor is.

If you ask me, this thread is just as bad as that one, which is to say it's not entirely bad, but is full of people who either aren't treating their fanbase with proper respect or people who are calling out the rest saying that their attitude isn't entirely proper.

Some of the people in that thread are childish, and that is really unfortunate. Some of them are respectful human beings and that should be applauded. The posts in this thread are entirely similar.

If you ask me, this thread is just as bad as that one, which is to say it's not entirely bad, but is full of people who either aren't treating their fanbase with proper respect or people who are calling out the rest saying that their attitude isn't entirely proper.

Some of the people in that thread are childish, and that is really unfortunate. Some of them are respectful human beings and that should be applauded. The posts in this thread are entirely similar.

i think the lesson is that you should never judge a population by a small sample, especially if the sample is drawn from an internet board.

How so?

They are mad that we looked out for our University and its best interests, and are only bad mouthing us for its effect it had on them.

Us? We are just calling a spade a spade, regardless of how much it stings. If they had the same attraction to conferences, they would not be in a situation where they even have to worry about what Nebraska does, or anyone else for that matter.

If anything, we should be more ticked off all those times they brought nothing to the city of Lincoln except Huskers poaching visitors section tickets from them, while we helped fill up their stadium many times over when we made trips to Ames. Literally, they provided absolutely nothing to this conference since it began.

And that isn't being mean, it's the absolute truth.

• Fire 1

I thought that the thread was rather civil. Few bad eggs but that can be expected, we have them too.

As for the comment about filling up their stadium. Sadly, it is true. They jacked up the price for the NU game and the NU game only and stuck it to the Nebraskans wanting to travel to Jack Trice. Pretty immoral in my book. That's the only misgiving I have for ISU.