i felt bad for ISU in all of this until i read this thread.

ok now i have officially lost all respect for ISU, i didnt think that people would take it this hard but a drunk ISU fan just took a swing at my fiance in her place of work. i am so happy i am moving back to Nebraska at the end of next month.

Are you serious?

yes. there were 3 of them and they saw her Nebraska shirt and started yelling at her and one guy took a swing. luckily her boss is a large guy and pushed them out the door and told them they werent allowed in the store again.

Not clear as to why many of you have this bleeding heart towards ISU, KU, and KSU. They did this to themselves. End of story. They blindly followed the direction of Texas and ignored what TO tried to do since the inception of the Big 12.

They were tired of NU ruling the show when the Big 12 merged with the defunct SWC, they cast their allegiance to the whims of the South Division, which in the end sealed their fate.

You are 100% correct. Well and correctly stated MCAT.

Not clear as to why many of you have this bleeding heart towards ISU, KU, and KSU. They did this to themselves. End of story. They blindly followed the direction of Texas and ignored what TO tried to do since the inception of the Big 12.

They were tired of NU ruling the show when the Big 12 merged with the defunct SWC, they cast their allegiance to the whims of the South Division, which in the end sealed their fate.

Boom!!!

the truth is, isu is a drag on a major conference. they were lucky to be a part of the big 12, but they are better suited in the mac. they were lucky to be a part of a major conference and should appreciate that, but this is not a charity.

As a graduate of Southwest Missouri State, now Missouri State ... I would agree with this comment. SMS would love to have ISU on the schedule in any contest, including academics ... I'd put us up against them anyday.

SheepdogMark

CMon, this was not even that bad... Here are some in the thread, and this is their bitter raction thread at that...

Re: How are you going to treat Husker fans?

*** The same way I treat fans of every other school. With respect, because I'm a god damned adult.

*** I'm more angry with Mizzou actually. The NU administration always griping about the B12 didn't bother me. It just meant they were no longer the 900 lb gorilla in the conference.

*** QFT. Can't believe how horrible some of the posters are on CF including the OP. Terrible, horrible. Gary. (chiding the few negative posters)

*** I've tried, but I can't improve on this post. Perfectly said. (Again, agreeing with treating them with respect)

I have the same experience on here at times. A few people without class say dumb things, then the more mature fans tell the loud mouths to shut it. I think the Iowa State fans are mostly great. Everyone has a few jerks, but I have had great experiences with those folks...

I only read the first page of course, but some of those folks were downright civil.

iowa st. would be better suited in the MAC, then they would be more competitive. they will never be a relevant football team, and that is just the way it is, we shouldn't feel bad, nor should they. they were lucky to be apart of the big 12, they had a good run, and they were a drag the entire time. conferences aren't charities and they need to figure that out.

Talk about prima donnas. Your views towards Iowa State reflect the arrogance you husker fans have. You are looking at one sport.......one. And in that sport, a very average ISU team beat Nebraska in Lincoln 9-7. That makes you very average. In other sports, you are pale in comparison. Your mens basketball team is the armpit of the Big 12, and every Big ten team now has you circled on their calender for an EASY win. Other sports, same scenario. I never thought Tom Osborne would run away from competition, I always thought he would do what is right. I was wrong.

For the record, I bet you don't win a title in the Big ten this decade. You are going to get your red rumps handed to you. Good riddance. Let the other schools of the Big ten find out what we have known for years. You're a bunch of unfounded prima donnas. Even Northwestern will kick your butt.

There is going to be a lot of bitterness shown to us, especially on road games in the coming season. It is up to us to continue to be classy about it, and just ignore the statements made. Why should we lower our level to theirs?:facepalm:

Because you can't go lower???????

iowa st. would be better suited in the MAC, then they would be more competitive. they will never be a relevant football team, and that is just the way it is, we shouldn't feel bad, nor should they. they were lucky to be apart of the big 12, they had a good run, and they were a drag the entire time. conferences aren't charities and they need to figure that out.

Talk about prima donnas. Your views towards Iowa State reflect the arrogance you husker fans have. You are looking at one sport.......one. And in that sport, a very average ISU team beat Nebraska in Lincoln 9-7. That makes you very average. In other sports, you are pale in comparison. Your mens basketball team is the armpit of the Big 12, and every Big ten team now has you circled on their calender for an EASY win. Other sports, same scenario. I never thought Tom Osborne would run away from competition, I always thought he would do what is right. I was wrong.

For the record, I bet you don't win a title in the Big ten this decade. You are going to get your red rumps handed to you. Good riddance. Let the other schools of the Big ten find out what we have known for years. You're a bunch of unfounded prima donnas. Even Northwestern will kick your butt.

Yeah let's see how the game plays out this year. You also forget all those other sports don't bring as near as much money as football does. We didn't run away from competition we just wanted things to be fair. We weren't gonna be pushed around like all the north teams did. To be honest you were close to be in a mid major conference. You were lucky Texas saved you. Have fun get your ass beat by OU and TX every year.

what i said was true, and i was merely considering the financials. i guess i was wrong when i said you would be more competitive in the MAC? i'm sorry, i forgot, when was the last time you won a north title? you beat us one year, in what was the ugliest football game i have ever seen, but you still beat us, so kudos, but all of a sudden we are on the same playing field and i am out of line for thinking that iowa st. might not be up for TU, OU, OSU, TTU, NU? and yes, of course i am talking about one sport, the one sport that fuels all other sports and makes Title IX possible. how much does wrestling make?

i was not trying to be disparaging, but i guess you have different views.

Losing one game does not make you average, losing two games does not make you average, losing three games does not make you average, losing SIX games makes you very average.

what i said was true, and i was merely considering the financials. i guess i was wrong when i said you would be more competitive in the MAC? i'm sorry, i forgot, when was the last time you won a north title? you beat us one year, in what was the ugliest football game i have ever seen, but you still beat us, so kudos, but all of a sudden we are on the same playing field and i am out of line for thinking that iowa st. might not be up for TU, OU, OSU, TTU, NU? and yes, of course i am talking about one sport, the one sport that fuels all other sports and makes Title IX possible. how much does wrestling make?

Losing one game does not make you average, losing two games does not make you average, losing three games does not make you average, losing SIX games makes you very average.

Listen, what you say about Iowa State and its history of football is correct. ISU has never proven to be a factor year in and year out. I totally agree with that. On the other hand, there are other sports that make up the list of what teams compete in conference wise other than football. I was in Lincoln last year when we won the football game, and I'd agree, it was the ugliest game I've seen in quite some time. But you have to agree that since Osborne has been out, and you ran Solich away, Husker football hasn't been Husker football. And there has been quite a bit of time elapse. In all candor, and I am not putting you down (last night I was angry when I replied, today I am not)but I am starting to wonder if you aren't going to be like Notre Dame or Florida State? The run is over. Money has taken over. Those that have to most will boast. I agree with you about Texas as well. They are big bullies.

But to the average Iowa State supporter, it quite honestly looks like Osborne did the "cut and run" thing. You can argue the money, and to some degree you might be right, but what Dr. Tom obviously was concerned about even more was the ability of Nebraska to beat any southern division teams. I am not accusing Nebraska of this personally, what I am saying is to the naked eye, this is what it looks like. Nebraska has a better chance to win in the Big Ten than it did the Big 12. That's a given. Yet those very same teams you have to play in what would be the upper echelon play football like Nebraska does....smashmouth. And I am predicitng you can't push Ohio State, Iowa, Penn State, Wisconsin and Michigan around like you did Iowa State and K-State the past 30 years.

Here's the bottom line Nebraska fans. You are no different than Texas. You to are bullies that made the decision we aren't going to share any cake with our friends, we want to eat it all ourselves. You sold out long time allies in ISU, KSU, KU, Mizzou. Those four, no matter what you want to spin on it, were your friends. You took a "one time" major dump on them for a few million bucks. Congrats.....lay down at night and sleep. Dr. Tom did what I NEVER thought would happen, and that's walk away from a fight. You know why? because you couldn't win. Good luck in the Big Ten. We'll probably see you in a bowl game where (2) mediocre teams play one another, because you won't win any Big Ten titles. Sleep well Husker fans...........your former friends survived.

Listen, what you say about Iowa State and its history of football is correct. ISU has never proven to be a factor year in and year out. I totally agree with that. On the other hand, there are other sports that make up the list of what teams compete in conference wise other than football. I was in Lincoln last year when we won the football game, and I'd agree, it was the ugliest game I've seen in quite some time. But you have to agree that since Osborne has been out, and you ran Solich away, Husker football hasn't been Husker football. And there has been quite a bit of time elapse. In all candor, and I am not putting you down (last night I was angry when I replied, today I am not)but I am starting to wonder if you aren't going to be like Notre Dame or Florida State? The run is over. Money has taken over. Those that have to most will boast. I agree with you about Texas as well. They are big bullies.

But to the average Iowa State supporter, it quite honestly looks like Osborne did the "cut and run" thing. You can argue the money, and to some degree you might be right, but what Dr. Tom obviously was concerned about even more was the ability of Nebraska to beat any southern division teams. I am not accusing Nebraska of this personally, what I am saying is to the naked eye, this is what it looks like. Nebraska has a better chance to win in the Big Ten than it did the Big 12. That's a given. Yet those very same teams you have to play in what would be the upper echelon play football like Nebraska does....smashmouth. And I am predicitng you can't push Ohio State, Iowa, Penn State, Wisconsin and Michigan around like you did Iowa State and K-State the past 30 years.

Here's the bottom line Nebraska fans. You are no different than Texas. You to are bullies that made the decision we aren't going to share any cake with our friends, we want to eat it all ourselves. You sold out long time allies in ISU, KSU, KU, Mizzou. Those four, no matter what you want to spin on it, were your friends. You took a "one time" major dump on them for a few million bucks. Congrats.....lay down at night and sleep. Dr. Tom did what I NEVER thought would happen, and that's walk away from a fight. You know why? because you couldn't win. Good luck in the Big Ten. We'll probably see you in a bowl game where (2) mediocre teams play one another, because you won't win any Big Ten titles. Sleep well Husker fans...........your former friends survived.

i guess this is a win-win, according to our own perspectives. first, i would like to say that i have always defended ISU, i like ISU, a lot of omahans play there.

First, I could not agree with you more that NU has been down. But i think we are on the upswing. we are on the cusp and the next few years will prove if the last 8 years were an anomaly, or the norm.

i'm a little confused because you say that tom was "cutting and running" (that we can't compete in the Big 12 south), yet we can not compete in the Big 10. i do not have any illusions that the Big 10 will be a cake walk, i think it will be as hard to win in the big 10 as it was in the big 12, same goes for the conf. championship. but why would he run from one conference he can not compete in, to another conference he can not compete in. i do not think that was the issue at all. NU will do just fine in either conference.

I disagree with you when you say we are just like TU. we just wanted stability. we may not have wanted equal revenue sharing, but we did not want a tv deal that only benefited one member. what were we to do? we are all at the mercy of TU's whims. stay to protect our weaker brethren, and hope the conference survives. we obviously had to control over the survival, or demise of the conference. i do not know why you would be bitter toward us, the ship was sinking and we got out, were we to broker a deal where we only go to the Big 10 if they take isu, ksu, ku? we are not TU, we do not have that leverage, we only have enough leverage to protect ourselves. sorry, but i guess it worked out for you, so you can sleep well.

oh hell no. if you are going to reply at least get your facts straight. we sold out? YOU SOLD OUT. 11-1 votes. that is why we left and Tom said as much in the press conference. and dont tell me that those votes werent about MONEY to ISU, they were about MONEY. and to say that we are running from the big12 is asinine!!! the big10 is a tougher conference from top to bottom than is the big12 and its really not even close.

you guys will see who the real bad guy is in 2016 when texass leaves your asses to go independent. until then, just wait for the last beating we get to give you in jack trice stadium....just hope one of your players dont run into the goalposts and that will make it a successful day for you.

ok now i have officially lost all respect for ISU, i didnt think that people would take it this hard but a drunk ISU fan just took a swing at my fiance in her place of work. i am so happy i am moving back to Nebraska at the end of next month.

Are you serious?

yes. there were 3 of them and they saw her Nebraska shirt and started yelling at her and one guy took a swing. luckily her boss is a large guy and pushed them out the door and told them they werent allowed in the store again.

Wow. I'd be whippin' some cyclone tailfeather.