buyer's remorse

I hate to leave the relatively weak Big XII north and I hate the uncertainty of recruiting in the Big 10.

Then again, I'd hate even more to agree to the new revenue sharing model of the revised Big XII and actually have to acknowledge that we are a second class citizen in an unstable conference. Imagine the gloating by Texas, and any rebuttal by us would be pointless because they would know that they own us.

I'll also believe the revenue numbers that Beebe is throwing around when I see actual confirmation.

If we were making a move from the Big-8 to this situation, but after having witnessed how this conference played out over the past 14 years, I do not have one iota of remorse for bolting into what I feel is a better fit. Right or wrong, the Big 12 killed tradition for us already, as far as I am concerned. Time to go make some new ones and start a new history.

I hate to leave the relatively weak Big XII north and I hate the uncertainty of recruiting in the Big 10.

Then again, I'd hate even more to agree to the new revenue sharing model of the revised Big XII and actually have to acknowledge that we are a second class citizen in an unstable conference. Imagine the gloating by Texas, and any rebuttal by us would be pointless because they would know that they own us.

I'll also believe the revenue numbers that Beebe is throwing around when I see actual confirmation.

just wait for two years from now, or whenever, when expansion talks start heating up again and ksu, isu, ku, and mizzou are pooping their britches again. and this opportunity to go to the Big 10 was not going to be there forever.

i am sure i am in the minority but is anyone else sick that the big 12 is holding together and we are not there. i realize that we will probably make more money in the big 10 and all that but 100 years of tradition playing kansas, kstate, missouri, oklahoma, etc...gone!

As it has been pointed out to me by some others on the huskerboard, us kansas city husker fans are not important but this move and the big 12 holding together has just made our lives hell.

We basically lost our tradition when we let Texas into the conference and gave up the Oklahoma game. To stay in this conference and let Texas dictate the terms is to have no self-respect. Look how pathetic the other schools look. Do you want Nebraska to look like that? Texas gets even more power than they had before AND a larger share of the money. Besides that, they get to "SAVE" the Big 12. This has been nothing but a power play to force Nebraska's hand and solidify their position as ruler of the conference. When the facts start dribbling out, you'll see that Texas played the Pac 10 like a fiddle. It was a power grab that was masterfully played.

Personally I hate to leave the Big12 because I don't think the Big10 plays football at the same level as the Big12. It seems like whenever the Big10 plays in a BCS game they don't play well (correct me if wrong). I think that Big10 football is the most boring brand....I hate watching it. I realize that monetarily it is the best move for the program, but i still hate to leave. I will also miss all of the traditional rivalries we have in the Big12. Another thing i will miss is being the underdog every time we played the powerhouses of the south, it makes victory that much sweeter. Finally, I really think it hurts recruiting in Texas. There is talent in Big10 recruiting land, but nothing like that of Texas.

The Big 12 has the worst winning percentage of any conference but the ACC in BCS bowl games

Big 12 7-10 .438

Big Ten 10-11 .476

The Big 12 has the worst winning percentage of any conference but the ACC in BCS bowl games

Big 12 7-10 .438

Big Ten 10-11 .476

The Big Ten also gets "lesser" teams into BCS bowls because of the fan support, so typically you have a lower ranked Big Ten team facing a higher ranked "other" team. And we still do quite well. :)

i am sure i am in the minority but is anyone else sick that the big 12 is holding together and we are not there. i realize that we will probably make more money in the big 10 and all that but 100 years of tradition playing kansas, kstate, missouri, oklahoma, etc...gone!

As it has been pointed out to me by some others on the huskerboard, us kansas city husker fans are not important but this move and the big 12 holding together has just made our lives hell.

We basically lost our tradition when we let Texas into the conference and gave up the Oklahoma game. To stay in this conference and let Texas dictate the terms is to have no self-respect. Look how pathetic the other schools look. Do you want Nebraska to look like that? Texas gets even more power than they had before AND a larger share of the money. Besides that, they get to "SAVE" the Big 12. This has been nothing but a power play to force Nebraska's hand and solidify their position as ruler of the conference. When the facts start dribbling out, you'll see that Texas played the Pac 10 like a fiddle. It was a power grab that was masterfully played.

Im a die hard Sooner fan. The biggest mistake that Larry Scott and the Pac 10 made was that he didn't offer Tech,Okie State or Kansas first to assure that the Big 12 died. I need to go puke now.

I think that from almost every Husker fan there will be some uncertainty with all the changes as that is human nature. I was listening to 1620 the zone today and they mentioned that one of the reason we had more pay per view games last year over other teams is because they knew that husker fans would buy the packages and with sharing of revenue it was easy for the big 12lite to take advantage of us as fans. Take that for what it is as its probubly just spewing what we want to hear but I find it interesting and something that could be viable. If this is true then as a fan I feel used and abused.

Sorry if I am not following the boards protocol as I have been reading the forum for about a year but am new to the posting.

I think that from almost every Husker fan there will be some uncertainty with all the changes as that is human nature. I was listening to 1620 the zone today and they mentioned that one of the reason we had more pay per view games last year over other teams is because they knew that husker fans would buy the packages and with sharing of revenue it was easy for the big 12lite to take advantage of us as fans. Take that for what it is as its probubly just spewing what we want to hear but I find it interesting and something that could be viable. If this is true then as a fan I feel used and abused.

Sorry if I am not following the boards protocol as I have been reading the forum for about a year but am new to the posting.

Welcome to HuskerBoard! :thumbs

I know what you're speaking of though. I think the OWH had an article about it. Lee Barfknecht wrote it.

Personally I hate to leave the Big12 because I don't think the Big10 plays football at the same level as the Big12. It seems like whenever the Big10 plays in a BCS game they don't play well (correct me if wrong). I think that Big10 football is the most boring brand....I hate watching it. I realize that monetarily it is the best move for the program, but i still hate to leave. I will also miss all of the traditional rivalries we have in the Big12. Another thing i will miss is being the underdog every time we played the powerhouses of the south, it makes victory that much sweeter. Finally, I really think it hurts recruiting in Texas. There is talent in Big10 recruiting land, but nothing like that of Texas.

And Nebraska has zero opportunity to bring an end to that because???

This new deal with the new Big 10/old Big 12 (dont get me started on the numbers, i dont even know where to start, Big 10>12 , Big 12>10, but the Big 10 was actually 11 :facepalm: )

The tv deal is just another feather for texas. Big 12 never wanted to do their own network but it woulda ok for Texas to have their own. All crap, the whole conference was a joke from day, we're just finding out how much bs went on behind closed doors now.

I miss the Big 12 until I consider that Texas wants to form their own TV network (Longhorn Network) and not share the TV revenues equally.

Is that a conference or a dictatorship?

How can any member feel they are anything other than a semi-slave?

Its one thing to be proud of your university and another thing to be an egomaniac. You decide which one Texas is. :wtf

Going to the Big 10 was the most intelligent move NU could make.

thumbsup.gif

Perfectly stated...