Happy Jayhawk....

jayhawk

I am not complaining that Nebraska is awful, my post did not set off the firestorm here, I just commented that people are being a bit overly emotional and making to many personal attacks and broad statements that are both highly charged and somewhat unfair at times. I wrote my thoughts on Nebraska earlier, actually when it appeared College football may take a far more radical turn than it actually did, and I feel comfotbale still referencing it. http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/43927-big-12-breakup-sucks-rocks/

I am not mad, but I am trying to keep the tone civil. The purpose of my post was to say that the other remaining schools got a decent outcome considering what they were facing. People all did what they needed to do and most teams got the best outcome they could. If you read some of the previous commentary, it is characterizing them in a very unkind way for also doing what they needed to do. Comments like "they at TU's wh0re, b1tch, on our knees, bending over" etc. are just name calling and are not fair criticism in my mind... I also plan on continuing to follow the Huskers as a team of interest and root for them often, because I want to. I don't ever watch them over KU, as one would likely expect, but I definitely go out of my way to see the Huskers when possible and root for them when it doesn't hurt my Hawks...

I'll defend the Jayhawk and Cy here.......when everything shook out in the weekend after NU's announcement those schools were literally backed into never, never land by Texas and her posse. They had absolutely ZERO choice in the matter as Texas played it's final hand to a tee. Little did the other schools know that Texas has ZERO aspirations of moving from a conference they run, why would they????

I believe Texas accomplished EXACTLY what they wanted, forced NU out and CU could get out unlike anybody else. This is THEIR IDEAL LEAGUE.

I thought it would take NU, CU and MU to fold this conference, not anymore. Texas and her cronies will stay in this conference as long as there is a BCS bid attached, just like ND. Hell the big least has 8 teams and they have a BCS bid (The Big 8 should've rode it out awhile longer). People will bring up money for UT wanting to leave in a weaker TV conference, they won't lose, only the remaining heard will lose on the $$$ issues while Texas will supplement this with it's own network. See how this works. All the benefits of being independent while being associated in a BCS conference that you run......."the best of both worlds" Hell looking at it that way, if NU was on the other side they'd be the bully.......it's definitely the best set up for any school in Division 1A now that I think about it.

The issue that have many Husker fans mad is the raising cane/traitors comments that are abound by KU, KSU, ISU, MU. When Texas ostracized the forgotten five where was that anger placed?? Why didn't Texas look out for a KU, KSU, ISU, MU??? What happened, you all voted for everything BUT the hoops tourney to be in Dallas, maybe now you'll be happy now when it's permanently in Dallas. You wanna talk about turn coats, look back to 1994, you'll find your turncoats.

The only team I feel sorry for is Mizzou. They truly were played and deserve to be in the Big 10 w/ us. That or in the SEC. Anywhere but the Big 12. However in 5 years I see them with us in the Big 10. The last Big 12 school. They have solid academics and athletics, never have scandals, never cheat like KU and OU and quite frankly deserve better.

Was that a Braveheart reference?

Yep. Since it's 100% fitting I thought it was just applicable in this thread.

Isn't Scottland part of the UK still, to this day? I think they got the stone of Scone back in 1996 for God's sake. You know, the one the British Monarch sat on for 700 years so Scottland knew who was boss. Also, William Wallace ends up Drawn and Quartered. Nice movie, Scottland was famous for rising up too, so I am not saying they are not ballsy, but don't kid yourself who has been in charge and who got co-opted by who... Sweet movie though, and great speech they had him make. If you are all Will in that story though, it ends badly for you, so I hope your not.

The obvious point, to some of us anyways, is that KU and the other big 12 programs did nothing but bend over for TU rather than stick up for themselves to get an equal deal. The way TU is sticking it to the rest of you makes one wonder if the outcome of games will be determined on the field of play or will TU will tell the rest of you how it will be and who will win.

Sorry, for you, that the obvious flew over your head like the plane on Fantasy Island did to Tattoo.

Vince, I see you are fancying yourself as just smarter, but I am not going there. I think you made a point that on the surface seems obvious, if you don't like something get pissed off and go fight for your freedom. Yarghh and huzahhh! My point was that you need to do what is in your interest, and be focused on an effective outcome over puffing up one's chest and being glad at how right they feel as everything crashes down around them.

I am glad your move worked out. That said, I am not sure that a lot of other schools did not also do what they needed to do to get their best outcome. My school the least, as it seems to have had some other options, but we all do what we do. I don't think the characterazation is fair, hence I pointed out what Wallace got for his action, as a way to consider the two sides for the story. Sorry if you had to assume I don't get it just because I did not agree. Or is everyone with a different perspective just an idiot?

Not at all. But not being able to see the obvious, especially after it's been pointed out in the clearest of manners does make one an idiot.

Am I dangerously close to making one or just being attacked? I certainly am not trying to attack anyone, but am a bit off put by the characterization being made that if I don't see thing's Vince's way, especially after Vince emphasized how right he is, than I am deficient. I definitely don't want to be viewed as attacking anyone personally, as I would not be infavor of that at all. I am proud to stand up if civil free speech is what is at stake,a as that is the man value of a board like this. Any feedback on that is appreciated.

Please people...feel sorry for those you consider stupid idiots and can't grasp anything and then feel sorry for yourselves, and then worry if someone is attacking Pearl Harbor and Wal-Mart. And not the new, streamlined, we've joined the civilized world of no-sweatshops Wal-Mart, but the old ones with the giant, Soviet-style keep stitching you 7-year-old, in-your-face letters. Stay classy San Diego...I mean Huskerboard. Or don't. Is it football season yet?

Am I dangerously close to making one or just being attacked? I certainly am not trying to attack anyone, but am a bit off put by the characterization being made that if I don't see thing's Vince's way, especially after Vince emphasized how right he is, than I am deficient. I definitely don't want to be viewed as attacking anyone personally, as I would not be infavor of that at all. I am proud to stand up if civil free speech is what is at stake,a as that is the man value of a board like this. Any feedback on that is appreciated.

And according to Carlos Zambrano his tirade the other day was his attempt to pump up his teammates.

I think the remaining got screwed by competitive advantage as well, if you think about it.

In the old Big 12, all you had to do was make it through the relatively modest Big 12 North schedule and then hope to be better than the South champion for 60 minutes on the football field. Now, you are going to have to be better than Texas and OU for the entire football season. A 6-3 conference record isn't going to get you anywhere in the new Big 12.

The gap between the haves and have-nots got much bigger by this move. It is crazy to think that this played out in a way that benefits the remaining Big 12 North schools. Sure, they are at least in a "power" conference still, but that's about the only positive I see. Texas and Oklahoma are going to be the only schools that win this conference for however long this league survives, which I doubt will even be a decade. Those schools that have come close, but never quite got there, will probably now never get there.