Piling on!

mwj98

Boone is pissed off because he committed a ton of money to Texas lap dog of a program.

Now their coach can say " I'm 41 and I'm a lap dog"

I heard this on the radio on the way home and was tempted to call in and correct what was said. He mentioned that NU wanted to leave the Big Six back in the 40's. And that he use to go to the games with his Dad and his dad thought NU should leave if they wanted to and go the the Big Ten and get their foot smashed. OSU didn't join the Big Six until the late 50's when it was the Big seven. I wonder if OSU was being disloyal by joining the Big Seven? The only Oklahoma school in the conference in the 40s was OU. I guess I am to assume that the Pickens family followed both OU and OSU during the 40s or maybe the old man is just making up the story to begin with.......

T. Boone Pickens, can T. Bone Suck It....

what about his loyalty to making the biggest Wind Farm in the world? Oh, right...when he saw the writing on the wall with his backroom dealings and failed economic model, he went back to sucking the Texass Tea...just like he does with his Pokes...

Boone Pickens has more to say

By David Ubben

Earlier this week, the Austin American-Statesman tracked down Boone Pickens and captured a few of his thoughts (before the era of "unequivocal commitments, of course) about a few teams around the league, as well as TCU, a team whose name constantly comes up with any talk of Big 12 expansion.

Pickens, if you weren't already aware, is Oklahoma State's billionaire booster who's given more than $400 million to the university. As such, he's allowed to say whatever he wants. And often, his statements are entertaining.

A few selections from earlier in the week:

"I don't know what Missouri's gonna do. You can't tell about them ... I don't have to have 'em."

"What's Nebraska got to offer? They have 700,000 households. So, they don't bring any big audience to the market." (Save your "We're a national brand!" arguments, Nebraska fans. I agree with you, not Pickens, in this case.)

"TCU's got a 35,000-seat stadium and they can't even fill it."

"Hell no, they weren't serious," he said of the Aggies' flirtations with the SEC. "The Aggies would die if their athletic department said we're going to the SEC and Texas is going to the Pac-10."

"I have a strong streak of loyalty, and that's the way I feel about Iowa State, Kansas and Kansas State. I don't want to go off and leave them, either. I don't care about Missouri," he said, presumably half-joking.

Pickens had more to say yesterday on The Bottom Line, a show on ESPN Radio in Austin.

It went just like I wanted it to. I wasn't keen about hooking up with the Pac-10. I'm kind of glad to get rid of Nebraska and Colorado. I wouldn't say it was a real smart move on Colorado's part.

He expressed his pleasure at the Big 12 sticking together and looked forward to a division-less league, subjecting everyone to dates Texas and Oklahoma every season. And as for Missouri? Pickens is taking the high road, even if he's not their biggest fan.

If Missouri signs up, says they're on board, that's fine with me. I don't carry grudges. I think Missouri probably learned a lesson. They'll be a good Big 12 minus-two school.

Like most commentary, the fans will only remember the negative. Remember those new rivalries from yesterday?

Oklahoma State doesn't travel to Lincoln this season, but hosts the Huskers on Oct. 23. A&M fans insistent on the Aggies' move to the SEC won't get a chance to let the Cowboys hear it this year, either. The two teams play in Stillwater on Sept. 30. Colorado and Oklahoma State can only meet in the Big 12 title game.

Just a guess: Pickens comments will be long forgotten by the time Oklahoma State makes it back to College Station, and certainly Lincoln if the Huskers finalize their hopes to leave the Big 12 before the 2011 season.

link